Season over? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Season over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team is not good. I don't understand why some of you thought they were going to be? They lost the 3 best players off a borderline NCAA team last year. They have no shooters, no bigs, can't defend the perimeter, can't rebound, and run no offense! I thought they were a 15 win team before the season started but now I think this team will struggle to win 10 games.

I am feeling as pessimistic as I ever have and this is still a dumb post. Maybe people felt optimistic because we have a top 10 recruiting class, one of the better transfers in the country and 8 total top 100 kids.

Reaction Score
The coaching has been a flat dumpster fire.

The offense is literally unwatchable.

It's the same problem. Switch out old parts, add in the new.

He starts this year 0-5 (That's legitimately got a chance of happening)? Adios. Program's at way too critical of a point to let some dude Bruiser Flint it into oblivion. When you're bringing in a top-10 recruiting class and getting blown off the floor by Wagner and beaten by Northeastern at home, you don't get a long leash. One or two of those losses happen every 5-6 years. Not twice in a year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What f*n chance do we have when we get outrebounded by Northeasten and Wagner. I'm sick of this crap where everyone doesn't want to hit the panic button, just like the goshdarn election. This is officially panic mode guys. No offense in 2 games. No rebounding in 3 years. Every single person under KO has underachieved except for Bazz who isn't even his. DHam leaves early for no reason (can't convince him to stay). I'm worried as hell. Jalen looks lost, Purvis is awful, we can't hit a shot.

It's because of comments like this. Boatright, Giffey, Daniels, Kromah, etc. Plenty of guys achieved. We just have some crap post players right now. And the one guy we needed to fill in the blanks this year, shredded his knees in highschool.

Is this good? No Is everthing OK? Of course not. But pretending the only guy who ever overachieved was Shabazz is silly.

Reaction Score
It's because of comments like this. Boatright, Giffey, Daniels, Kromah, etc. Plenty of guys achieved. We just have some crap post players right now. And the one guy we needed to fill in the blanks this year, shredded his knees in highschool.

Is this good? No Is everthing OK? Of course not. But pretending the only guy who ever overachieved was Shabazz is silly.

Boatright ( 2 years under JC)
Giffey (2 years under JC)
Daniels (1 year under JC)
Kromah (grad transfer )

cmon, gimme another one

Reaction Score
Over... was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!!!!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Boatright ( 2 years under JC)
Giffey (2 years under JC)
Daniels (1 year under JC)
Kromah (grad transfer )
cmon, gimme another one

Boatright had 1 year under JC. So that's 7 collective years for KO, and 4 for JC. And none of those guys truly came on to later in there careers, long after JC had gone. But whatever. You can see whatever you want.

Reaction Score
If we don't win the whole tournament in Maui, it's over. With two horrible losses, we need big time wins like Oregon and UNC to offset. If we can't go 3-0 in Maui, it's pretty much AAC tourney or bust.
I'm laughing. Have you seen UNC? We would lose by 40, just like Wagner or Northeastern would.

Reaction Score
I'll be honest that this looks bad. For our team which is so much more individually talented to get defeated by a mid major at home in what should be easy to win games. However a team is more than just the sum of its parts and our "team" if you could call it that didn't play effectively as one while the other teams did. But I supposed this could be understandable given the relative youth of our squad (5 Freshman, 1 transfer rs sophomore, and 2 sophomores with only 3 upper classmen) we have a very young team not to mention the amount of scoring and rebounding that we lost from last season (70% of our scoring) which is our biggest problem and not to mention their experience and leadership. This past year's recruiting class is one of the best UConn has ever seen in any era and we have an equally promising recruiting class coming in next year. Lets not forget all the lackluster recruiting classes we've seen since 2011 leaving us with very little in the way of veteran talent as well as a reliable core and leadership. We've had a different primary ball handler and primary scorer every season. One thing I have noticed is lack of leadership and cohesion as a team. We have no high percentage scoring play nor a player to deliver high scores. I don't think this is all from poor coaching. But I know what is certainly not from poor coaching is the fact that they are missing too many shots have too many turnovers and are shooting so poorly from the perimeter. That is on the players not the staff. They are a young team and we have to give them a chance. That being said I am extremely frustrated with our front court play and something needs to be done about that. As for our coaching staff. If we were to get rid of them who would replace them? Ollie won us a title in 2014 against some of the best coaches in the game its just back then he had veteran leadership that we could rely on whish is something we haven't had in years. Like it or not we are stuck with Ollie and he will bring this team back to prominence once he is able to develop the talent he has wrangled for us. Our recruiting classes are just starting to get good again but we need to work on our frontcourt especially. Also only two games into the season is too early to give up lets just see where this goes because some of our younger recruits are showing promise.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This has to be the least worst collection of individual players we ever had together. There is no cohesion and small ball isn't the answer after these results since we can't shoot the ball from outside.
what is least worst?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If we don't win the whole tournament in Maui, it's over. With two horrible losses, we need big time wins like Oregon and UNC to offset. If we can't go 3-0 in Maui, it's pretty much AAC tourney or bust.
OK so its AAC or bust - still doesn't mean that if UConn doesn't win in Maui . it's over

Reaction Score
I am feeling as pessimistic as I ever have and this is still a dumb post. Maybe people felt optimistic because we have a top 10 recruiting class, one of the better transfers in the country and 8 total top 100 kids.

All that got you beat by Wagner(without its best player for the last 10mins) and Northeastern! This team might be good next year and so on but not this year.

Reaction Score
All that got you beat by Wagner(without its best player for the last 10mins) and Northeastern! This team might be good next year and so on but not this year.

If you expected a team with 8 top 100 players to lose to 2 teams with 0 top 300 players, more power to ya.

Reaction Score
I am petrified at the idea that, by age 30, I've already lived through the entirety of the best era of UConn basketball, and that over the rest of my life we won't ever get back to that level.
It won't

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Oklahoma State scored 102 points tonight. We barely have that many in 2 games. It's gonna be a long trip to Maui if someone can't figure out how to put the ball in the basket on this team.

Reaction Score
I am petrified at the idea that, by age 30, I've already lived through the entirety of the best era of UConn basketball, and that over the rest of my life we won't ever get back to that level.

No reason to be scared that it might be happening -- it's already here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom