Season over? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What f*n chance do we have when we get outrebounded by Northeasten and Wagner. I'm sick of this crap where everyone doesn't want to hit the panic button, just like the goshdarn election. This is officially panic mode guys. No offense in 2 games. No rebounding in 3 years. Every single person under KO has underachieved except for Bazz who isn't even his. DHam leaves early for no reason (can't convince him to stay). I'm worried as hell. Jalen looks lost, Purvis is awful, we can't hit a shot.

Disgusted.

Scalitoer out

What does panicking solve? I would rather just sit here in depressed acceptance of the current situation.

Reaction Score
What f*n chance do we have when we get outrebounded by Northeasten and Wagner. I'm sick of this crap where everyone doesn't want to hit the panic button, just like the goshdarn election. This is officially panic mode guys. No offense in 2 games. No rebounding in 3 years. Every single person under KO has underachieved except for Bazz who isn't even his. DHam leaves early for no reason (can't convince him to stay). I'm worried as hell. Jalen looks lost, Purvis is awful, we can't hit a shot.

Disgusted.

Scalitoer out

Yep. The brilliance of that Shabazz led team papered over some serious cracks in the foundation. 99% of the time in AAC games, and >80% of the time in OOC games Ollie is putting five guys out there who are more talented than the teams they're playing, and we're still finishing 6th in the AAC and praying we catch lightning in a bottle for the third time as a program. For every delusional fan saying "we're UConn, we win in March" and "we don't need big men to win championships", get a clue. We're lucky enough as fans to have see two of the most incredible and improbable title runs ever - that's not happening again. Good programs - blue bloods - put together consistently good regular seasons and grab high tournament seeds and put themselves in a position not to have to make historic runs just to keep the program relevant.

Reaction Score
This is UConn basketball now...it's been this way for a few years we aren't a dominate team during the regular season we have a bunch of WTF games and then we figure it out with heart and free throw shooting at the end. This season is shaping up the same way. Larrier is showing signs that he is going to be a monster I think we'll be in the hunt when it's all said and done barring a freak injury.

This isn't a good thing though?

Reaction Score
I am petrified at the idea that, by age 30, I've already lived through the entirety of the best era of UConn basketball, and that over the rest of my life we won't ever get back to that level.

Reaction Score
This is UConn basketball now...it's been this way for a few years we aren't a dominate team during the regular season we have a bunch of WTF games and then we figure it out with heart and free throw shooting at the end. This season is shaping up the same way. Larrier is showing signs that he is going to be a monster I think we'll be in the hunt when it's all said and done barring a freak injury.

I have faith the team will improve to be one of the 32 best teams in the country (the # of at large bids). The team is so young and inexperienced and there is obvious talent. The problem is that its looking increasingly difficult to have one of the 32 best resumes with these bad losses on the record.

Reaction Score
This group of individuals need to understand that they are a TEAM. Ball movement is abysmal, too much dribbling (a hallmark of Ollie coached teams), out rebounded by smaller teams, and just plain out played, and out hustled. This team should hang their collective heads in shame, and then commit to playing as a cohesive unit. I'm going to my safe space, now.

Reaction Score
Unless KO gets away from small ball, talent isn't there for it, and start playing a more traditional line up it is over.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
No one expected such a dreadful start but, like last season, our only likely path was to get an auto-bid and crappy seed anyhow (as AAC regular season or tournament champs). If this team is transformed by February/March we could go on a run and make it in. Then it's just a matter of match-ups from there on out.

It looks highly unlikely now but this team has individual talent and untapped potential. You see freshmen and transfers playing on a new team make huge strides within months all the time in college ball. But yeah, winning in Maui would be a nice start to canceling out these two sh!tshows.

Reaction Score
I am petrified at the idea that, by age 30, I've already lived through the entirety of the best era of UConn basketball, and that over the rest of my life we won't ever get back to that level.

I think its delusional to think this is not the case. 4 championships in 15 years? Lucky enough to be led by one of the best 10 college coaches ever...going to be tough to match.

Reaction Score
Wagner and Northeastern have better inside players than us! That is not even debatable. Both of those teams have better shooters than us. Also not debatable. So what we have is 3 seniors worth crap and 2 good sophs and a bunch of green rooks. Now as crazy as this sounds we could win some games in Maui don't be surprised. Is it me or does KO need to recruit not just great athletes but players who can also shoot a basketball?

Reaction Score
I think its delusional to think this is not the case. 4 championships in 15 years? Lucky enough to be led by one of the best 10 college coaches ever...going to be tough to match.

UK, Kansas, dook, UNC fans don't ever have to think that. Why should we not have expected that kind of consistency?

Reaction Score
Wagner and Northeastern have better inside players than us! That is not even debatable. Both of those teams have better shooters than us. Also not debatable. So what we have is 3 seniors worth crap and 2 good sophs and a bunch of green rooks. Now as crazy as this sounds we could win some games in Maui don't be surprised. Is it me or does KO need to recruit not just great athletes but players who can also shoot a basketball?

What's the point of recruiting athletes when you can't beat mid majors with 6'6" centers? Enoch spent the whole summer beating up on Europeans who were bigger than these kids and he can't even make wide open layups tonight. Kid looks like Wilt against Phillipos from Macedonia but can't box out Donny from Brockton.

Reaction Score
UK, Kansas, dook, UNC fans don't ever have to think that. Why should we not have expected that kind of consistency?

Those schools have a helluva lot more history than us. And they didn't get left out of the P5. The conference situation has really beaten me down and made me much more pessimistic and accepting I guess. KO would have to be a HOF level coach to keep the program at that level after being relegated to the minor leagues.

Reaction Score
Now the AAC conference is looking like a saving grace. If we win the conference championship game the season is not over.

We won't sniff a national ranking for a while, so we have to depend our our conference games.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Can't wait for us to look this thread up during February, the season is over after 2 games...what is going on here?

Normally I'd agree with you, but we just lost to Wagner and Northeastern.

Reaction Score
Now the AAC conference is looking like a saving grace. If we win the conference championship game the season is not over.

We won't sniff a national ranking for a while, so we have to depend our our conference games.

do we really care if we go on a 'run' to win a conference tournament that we are lucky to host? just to get an 11 seed or whatever. who cares? we need great regular seasons again

Reaction Score
I have faith the team will improve to be one of the 32 best teams in the country (the # of at large bids). The team is so young and inexperienced and there is obvious talent. The problem is that its looking increasingly difficult to have one of the 32 best resumes with these bad losses on the record.
This is Bob Diaco positivity.

Reaction Score
This is Bob Diaco positivity.

Not really. I can assure you that I did not think tonight was a mutually beneficial competition where both teams learned a lot about themselves.

Reaction Score
This team is not good. I don't understand why some of you thought they were going to be? They lost the 3 best players off a borderline NCAA team last year. They have no shooters, no bigs, can't defend the perimeter, can't rebound, and run no offense! I thought they were a 15 win team before the season started but now I think this team will struggle to win 10 games.

Reaction Score
If we don't win the whole tournament in Maui, it's over. With two horrible losses, we need big time wins like Oregon and UNC to offset. If we can't go 3-0 in Maui, it's pretty much AAC tourney or bust.

Reaction Score
do we really care if we go on a 'run' to win a conference tournament that we are lucky to host? just to get an 11 seed or whatever. who cares? we need great regular seasons again
I was just giving my opinion on the only way to extend our season. Domination would be great especially regular season, but that ain't happening for a while.

Reaction Score
Feels like the Dom Perno days again. Ahh, that takes me back.

No, the season's not over but they will have a massive hill to climb and a LOT of work to do to get over starting the season like this. These are horrid losses. Horrid.

Brimah & Purvis aren't getting any better - this is who they are - so it's up to the new players to develop & step up in order to make us competitive this year.

LOL on the Perno reference...;) He was actually a good defensive coach and could pull out a few wins. His biggest problem was being up by 12 and waiting until they were down by 4 to use a time out! :confused:
As for being competitive this year, KO has to start kicking azzez. Twelve point favorites at home cannot lose the battle of the boards 47-38. Worst start since 1968...:( Both loses in our house to underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom