Season over? | The Boneyard

Season over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
not one to. E dramatic. But these two home losses to cupcakes with a. Rdu weak conference and not much of a noncon schedule may be curtains. Sadly I see infighting coming and someone getting axed. This is the worst season start I can remember. I know. They are young blah blah blah. They look just so bad!!!!! It really hurts to watch and know we will struggle with ucf and ecu forget temple and cincy

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Worst start since 1960s...However, team will be fine they have the ability to play as individuals.

Reaction Score
This season isn't over but unless we pull a miracle in Maui or suddenly turn into a different team once conference play rolls around we're going to need win the tournament in Hartford just to smell the dance. And we're at that point two games in.

polycom

Reaction Score
What makes you believe the team will be fine?

There are pieces on this team that can clearly play basketball Larrier, Jackson...players like that can carry you into the tourney.

Reaction Score
The season is far from over. This team has way too much talent to give up on. Not that I am optimistic, I have definitely adjusted my explanations, but I will continue to convince myself that KO might possibly figure it out.

Reaction Score
unless we run the table in our conference this season is done. I have 0 confidence that this team can run the table even in the AAC. As far as i'm concerned the season is done. It will be interesting to see how Ollie decides to use the rest of the season. How will this affect recruiting.

Reaction Score
Just sad. I'm 38 and grew up watching the Huskies. This is just sad. No words. Feeling numb.

Its going to be a tough road back at this point. There is no strong conference to play against to fall back on. Just sad.

Reaction Score
This has to be the least worst collection of individual players we ever had together. There is no cohesion and small ball isn't the answer after these results since we can't shoot the ball from outside.

Reaction Score
zero leadership on this team. Brimah seems like a nice kid and a happy guy but he's a clown and not a motivator. Doesn't seem like Facey talks and Purvis is a good guy but can barely keep his own head on straight, let alone lead others. Adams and Larrier are all flash and very little substance at this point. Freshmen are playing hard but they make Enoch look like Tom Thibs. Rough

Reaction Score
I think it's over, minus winning league tourney. This league gets zero respect basketball wise as it is, and rebounding from an 0-2 start with this weak conference is a death sentence. Bright side is it'll mean the Brimah (who looked better), Purvis and Facey era will end sooner.

Reaction Score
The season is far from over. This team has way too much talent to give up on. Not that I am optimistic, I have definitely adjusted my explanations, but I will continue to convince myself that KO might possibly figure it out.

What f*n chance do we have when we get outrebounded by Northeasten and Wagner. I'm sick of this crap where everyone doesn't want to hit the panic button, just like the goshdarn election. This is officially panic mode guys. No offense in 2 games. No rebounding in 3 years. Every single person under KO has underachieved except for Bazz who isn't even his. DHam leaves early for no reason (can't convince him to stay). I'm worried as hell. Jalen looks lost, Purvis is awful, we can't hit a shot.

Disgusted.

ducker out

Reaction Score
Can't wait for us to look this thread up during February, the season is over after 2 games...what is going on here?
We don't have the big east to fall back and have you watched the team play there is nothing to give us hope going forward unless larrier becomes a total monster.

Reaction Score
Feels like the Dom Perno days again. Ahh, that takes me back.

No, the season's not over but they will have a massive hill to climb and a LOT of work to do to get over starting the season like this. These are horrid losses. Horrid.

Brimah & Purvis aren't getting any better - this is who they are - so it's up to the new players to develop & step up in order to make us competitive this year.

Reaction Score
OVER? too early to be over, but what exactly they are playing for remains to be seen. KO needs to have a very strongly worded heart to heart with his seniors pretty quickly, because playing the 8 underclassmen exclusively and looking to next year is rapidly looking like the more palatable of outcomes.

Reaction Score
Not gonna win a lot of games scoring 58 and 61 points

against Wagner and northeastern

Last edited:

polycom

Reaction Score
We don't have the big east to fall back and have you watched the team play there is nothing to give us hope going forward unless larrier becomes a total monster.

This is UConn basketball now...it's been this way for a few years we aren't a dominate team during the regular season we have a bunch of WTF games and then we figure it out with heart and free throw shooting at the end. This season is shaping up the same way. Larrier is showing signs that he is going to be a monster I think we'll be in the hunt when it's all said and done barring a freak injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom