Season Opening Game Week - MLB4 in Scottsdale Arizona (February 14-16 - All 3 of our games will be streamed on MLB.com.) | The Boneyard

Season Opening Game Week - MLB4 in Scottsdale Arizona (February 14-16 - All 3 of our games will be streamed on MLB.com.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If in the first two weekends they beat Cal Poly and split the four games with Michigan, that will be a tremendous start to the season. I think if they come out of the first two weekends 2-4, no one will be upset about the record as long as what they're learning about the team is mostly good.

As Penders keeps saying, this year's team has an unusual (for UConn) amount of questions to be answered.

Reaction Score
Really surprised it's not Dunlop. But that's not challenging their decision -- just surprise from the way last season ended.

Given the summer that Joe Simeone had, I'm not surprised he is getting the Friday start. I'm inclined to think that at this point in their careers that Simeone has more of an upside to his potential, but time will tell about that. Of course, giving Simeone the Friday start keeps him away from Vandy and Michigan on that first weekend. I'm assuming Dunlop will get Saturday and Jimmy Wang Sunday. If any of them falter over the first few weeks of the season, I would think Nick Krauth would get first call to replace one of them.

Reaction Score
If in the first two weekends they beat Cal Poly and split the four games with Michigan, that will be a tremendous start to the season. I think if they come out of the first two weekends 2-4, no one will be upset about the record as long as what they're learning about the team is mostly good.

As Penders keeps saying, this year's team has an unusual (for UConn) amount of questions to be answered.

Given the amount of uncertainty over the starting lineup and the unproven nature of the pitching staff plus the competition UConn will be facing the first two weekends, I would be thrilled if the Huskies came out of it with a 3-3 record. A bunch of unproven players need to show solid improvement this season in order for UConn to make the NCAA tourney this season.

Reaction Score
Simeone, Dunlop and TBA:

Sheesh. I'm going to hope that TBA means Casparius, if eligible, and we know it's either Wang or Krauth otherwise. Because if we really can't decide on a third starter heading into the season it does not bode well.

Reaction Score
Baseball Begins 2020 Season in Stacked MLB4 Tournament.

>>On Opening Day the Huskies go up against West Coast perennial power Cal Poly at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, February, 14. UConn then plays the 2019 National Champions and No. 1 team in the country, Vanderbilt on Saturday, February, 15 at 5 p.m. ET. UConn closes out the weekend vs. No. 8 Michigan on Sunday, February 15 at 12 p.m. ET.

All three games will have video streams on MLB.com and can also be heard on 91.7 FM WHUS or online at fm.whus.org.<<

UConn Game Notes

Quick Facts

Reaction Score
Last year, in the absence our our #1 starter, Jeff Kersten got the ball on opening day and threw his best game of the year, by far. Hopefully Simeone gives us a strong performance on opening night, as the first two weeks could be very rough for a largely new team if they can't start off with a win against Cal Poly.

Reaction Score
I’m here in Scottsdale. Beautiful weather 70. Ran into the vandy team at the resort. They are big!

Reaction Score
Bushling starting over Langer at 3B. Makes me wonder if Langer is healthy. Otherwise, the players in the lineup is about what I expected.

Given the incredible lack of production we had at 3B last season, I wouldn't be shocked with playing Bushling even if Langer is healthy. I don't think we've heard a word about Moriarity getting near the starting 9 again.

So the OF follows the hints we've been getting. Still surprised we could have a guy who hit .300 last year not get a shot, but no reason not to assume Penders knows what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom