Season Officially Starts Tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season Officially Starts Tomorrow

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hopefully Jalen cut his hand in the rim. Hopefully he reopens it a few times this year.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The best part about Hurley is how he balances respecting the tradition of UConn basketball while also being confident and adamant about implementing his own style and high standards.

The dude tells it like it is in ways previous individuals in his position have not.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Loved the interview
He will no doubt get the attention of the players - especially the slackers
I see great things from JA this season if he can stay healthy

Reaction Score
I'm not in 2018 fan shape yet who the hell is 'Mo" without looking at a roster?

Loved his take on CV, he smiled a little while discussing he needs to be less me and more us. A solid look into Coach love listening to him, the stressing of "little things", fundamentals, catching the ball with 2 hands etc etc.. So important - my guess is they haven't really seen much of this type of teaching.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I like that this interview doesn't sound like I'm listening to a motivational speaker.

It's honest, direct, specific, and basketball-heavy.
The best part about Hurley is how he balances respecting the tradition of UConn basketball while also being confident and adamant about implementing his own style and high standards.

The dude tells it like it is in ways previous individuals in his position have not.

I think the encapsulating word you are looking for is 'authentic'. Dan Hurley is an authentic dude; It really comes through in the media, and I'm quite certain on the court and recruiting trail as well.

Reaction Score
Pretty excited. Can't wait to listen to a game on whatever station is carrying the games.

Reaction Score
I think the encapsulating word you are looking for is 'authentic'. Dan Hurley is an authentic dude; It really comes through in the media, and I'm quite certain on the court and recruiting trail as well.
Excellent take.

Reaction Score

Thought it was interesting he brought up the 4 position. It sounds like based on personnel and the style he wants to implement we might see Tyler and Sid at the 4 at least until Mo gets back from his injury. It doesn't sound like he is sold with IW or Yakwe at that position for long periods of time. I'm basing this on the talent we have on the roster and style he wants to implement coupled with his quotes. I think as we get more talented bigs up front we will see bigger guys at the 4 more consistently.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Love the aggression and energy on display here. But sick of practice vids. Want the real thing though.

Biting statement:

We’re not only talking about the fruits of the new coach’s penchant for hellfire defense. Nor are we only talking about a coach with a biting sense of humor vs. one who spoke in parables and escalators.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thought it was interesting he brought up the 4 position. It sounds like based on personnel and the style he wants to implement we might see Tyler and Sid at the 4 at least until Mo gets back from his injury. It doesn't sound like he is sold with IW or Yakwe at that position for long periods of time. I'm basing this on the talent we have on the roster and style he wants to implement coupled with his quotes. I think as we get more talented bigs up front we will see bigger guys at the 4 more consistently.
I got the impression he is not sold on any of the players for this position. He would prefer one option (go big all season or small all season) instead of alternating, but he feels he may have no choice but to be flexible.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I got the impression he is not sold on any of the players for this position. He would prefer one option (go big all season or small all season) instead of alternating, but he feels he may have no choice but to be flexible.
I'm starting to think that he will give Whaley the start most nights. He will bring so much more defensive versatility than any other option. Only problem is offense, but his energy is irreplaceable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm starting to think that he will give Whaley the start most nights. He will bring so much more defensive versatility than any other option. Only problem is offense, but his energy is irreplaceable.
Polley would be the better option if he could develop a tough attitude. I'm thinking it's easier to get a player to become aggressive than develop skills at this stage.
But if that doesn't happen, Whaley would get the nod because Hurley values defense. Expect ugly games if that happens.

Without either player overcoming their weaknesses Mamadou would have been the best option but I doubt he contributes this season. I'm hoping that the injury plague UConn has suffered through recently ends quickly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom