Season - It’s on | The Boneyard

Season - It’s on

C

Chief00

All programs of significance are moving forward in both football and basketball. Let’s hope UConn FB reconsiders their terrible mistake. Congratulations to the basketball staff for remaining focused on the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
All programs of significance are moving forward in both football and basketball. Let’s hope UConn FB reconsiders there terrible mistake. Congratulations to the basketball staff for remaining focused on the season.

UConn football is not in a conference. There were/are not enough games to play, and there wasn't the money to play five crap teams that no one would care about or pay for the TV rights to. It sucks but please let it go.

Reaction Score
UConn football is not in a conference. There were/are not enough games to play, and there wasn't the money to play five crap teams that no one would care about or pay for the TV rights to. It sucks but please let it go.
With football, what was a realistic amount of teams we could have played given our situation? 4 or 5 at most? That is definitely not worth it. Basketball can work in a bubble as we have seen with the NBA.

C

Chief00

There are teams that find a way to play football and teams that don’t. Other independent schools are playing ball. This year the quality of the schedule isn’t as important as demonstrating a will to play.
It’s a sad day, when CIAC HS football appears to have more of a will to play than CT’s flagship university.
When you were first at a decision there’s a tidal wave to reverse, it’s not a good business or health place to be in.
Additionally, we have established the rationale for the top CT HS players to leave the state, as Chief predicted. This will be a difficult long term trend to reverse, now that it has started. Chief knows the CIAC powers are well aware of that, and has fought CT’s hapless Health Dept, But, you are ok following their guidance playing indoor sports but not outdoors, which most experts outside that department view as safer?
At any rate, in contrast UConn MBB is leading the way in finding out a way to safely make things work. They should be applauded for maintaining calm and stability while cobbling together a thoughtful plan to make things safely work. Looking forward to a great season. Thank you for your leadership Coach Hurley.

Reaction Score
There are teams that find a way to play football and teams that don’t. Other independent schools are playing ball. This year the quality of the schedule isn’t as important as demonstrating a will to play.
It’s a sad day, when CIAC HS football appears to have more of a will to play than CT’s flagship university.
When you were first at a decision there’s a tidal wave to reverse, it’s not a good business or health place to be in.
Additionally, we have established the rationale for the top CT HS players to leave the state, as Chief predicted. This will be a difficult long term trend to reverse, now that it has started. Chief knows the CIAC powers are well aware of that, and has fought CT’s hapless Health Dept, But, you are ok following their guidance playing indoor sports but not outdoors, which most experts outside that department view as safer?
At any rate, in contrast UConn MBB is leading the way in finding out a way to safely make things work. They should be applauded for maintaining calm and stability while cobbling together a thoughtful plan to make things safely work. Looking forward to a great season. Thank you for your leadership Coach Hurley.
Top 10 comedy when you write this “ It’s a sad day, when CIAC HS football appears to have more of a will to play than CT’s flagship university.” AFTER the CIAC formally cancels fall football.

Reaction Score
Top 10 comedy when you write this “ It’s a sad day, when CIAC HS football appears to have more of a will to play than CT’s flagship university.” AFTER the CIAC formally cancels fall football.
And at least one of the kids shows up to the rally with Covid and spreads it.

C

Chief00

My point is they really tried to play, they had that WILL fighting for their players, banging their heads up against our hapless Health Dept several times.

You don’t understand team dynamics, players want coaches in there fighting for them. Success is nice, but going to war for them is even more important.
#ChiefSchooledYou

Reaction Score
Uconn football has been bad for a long time and has cost the university a lot of money. It's pretty rare when a top high school player from Connecticut chooses Uconn. Hopefully, they will decide to either drop football or down grade. The only time it made any sense at all was when they played in the old Yankee conference. However, even then they were not a dominant team.

Reaction Score
Uconn football has been bad for a long time and has cost the university a lot of money. It's pretty rare when a top high school player from Connecticut chooses Uconn. Hopefully, they will decide to either drop football or down grade. The only time it made any sense at all was when they played in the old Yankee conference. However, even then they were not a dominant team.
They are not doing either of those things. UConn football is in the right spot now as an independent.

Reaction Score
"Additionally, we have established the rationale for the top CT HS players to leave the state, as Chief predicted. This will be a difficult long term trend to reverse, now that it has started."

Is there anyone better at taking something that has obviously been happening for decades and pretending it's a new phenomenon, that he alone predicted, that will be difficult to overcome?

Clown.

C

Chief00

"Additionally, we have established the rationale for the top CT HS players to leave the state, as Chief predicted. This will be a difficult long term trend to reverse, now that it has started."

Is there anyone better at taking something that has obviously been happening for decades and pretending it's a new phenomenon, that he alone predicted, that will be difficult to overcome?

Clown.

Rudimentary Education 101: What’s different is that now kids are leaving during HS and playing HS football in Oklahoma, FL, GA etc.
Your last word characterized yourself.

Reaction Score

Clown.
Chief has displayed multiple signs of early dementia here and the Cesspool. He didn’t even know he was in Oakland that one time. Best just leave him and his delusions be.

Reaction Score
Rudimentary Education 101: What’s different is that now kids are leaving during HS and playing HS football in Oklahoma, FL, GA etc.
Your last word characterized yourself.
Sure, kids never left their home town schools for better opportunities before COVID.

except, they did.

And of course it's very important to keep the top talent going to HS in CT because then they'll choose UConn

except they don't.

imagine thinking families willing to pack up and leave CT for better HS football are even considering UConn as a college. :rolleyes:

Birds are chirping pleasant tunes this morning, after yesterday’s Zoom meeting.
Tweet says zoom is today, not yesterday?
Crickets from the Clown Chief...

C

Chief00

Sure, kids never left their home town schools for better opportunities before COVID.

except, they did.

And of course it's very important to keep the top talent going to HS in CT because then they'll choose UConn

except they don't.

imagine thinking families willing to pack up and leave CT for better HS football are even considering UConn as a college. :rolleyes:

Crickets from the Clown Chief...

You need to learn how to read. My point is about HS players leaving CT during HS, not that they had gone out of the region for college. I made that point very clear, what are you lacking to understand that? Of course, my second point is that when they leave for HS, they are even less likely to come back for college in CT.

C

Chief00

Chief has displayed multiple signs of early dementia here and the Cesspool. He didn’t even know he was in Oakland that one time. Best just leave him and his delusions be.
I just got promoted in a major corporation, pretty good accomplishment for a guy with dementia? I was the lone person who predicted the summer of 2011 Dre was coming to UConn a year early that September. So I know the subject matter very well. Someone, who’s a casual fan, may not realize that NBA players sometimes have to change their plans and Facey missed the text because he was prepping for the game that night. Completely understandable, unless you are completely clueless and unfortunately that’s you.

Its pretty amazing with all the predictions Chief makes you have so little material, rather your criticisms seem to be of a schedule nature - plans that changed, got the time of the meeting wrong or things of that nature. When recruiting meetings often change in reality. Pretty small World you live in LOL.

Reaction Score
Guys will look good in the new uniforms, the throwback uniforms and especially the all Black uniforms this season. You heard it here first!
Been waiting for some cool throwbacks/alternates for a while. Always helpful on the recruiting front too...

Reaction Score
I just got promoted in a major corporation, pretty good accomplishment for a guy with dementia? I was the lone person who predicted the summer of 2011 Dre was coming to UConn a year early that September. So I know the subject matter very well. Someone, who’s a casual fan, may not realize that NBA players sometimes have to change their plans and Facey missed the text because he was prepping for the game that night. Completely understandable, unless you are completely clueless and unfortunately that’s you.

Its pretty amazing with all the predictions Chief makes you have so little material, rather your criticisms seem to be of a schedule nature - plans that changed, got the time of the meeting wrong or things of that nature. When recruiting meetings often change in reality. Pretty small World you live in LOL.
It just never stops, every time people complain about people complaining about you it’s a distraction, but you seem to just NEED this attention. Who hurt you?

Reaction Score
You need to learn how to read. My point is about HS players leaving CT during HS, not that they had gone out of the region for college. I made that point very clear, what are you lacking to understand that? Of course, my second point is that when they leave for HS, they are even less likely to come back for college in CT.
Chief, it's impressive the way you replied to my post which addresses those two very issues (i'm sure you didn't click on the links) and then pretend that I didn't understand what you said.

When are you going to tell us about another great zoom meeting, the day before it actually happened?

C

Chief00

Chief, it's impressive the way you replied to my post which addresses those two very issues (i'm sure you didn't click on the links) and then pretend that I didn't understand what you said.

When are you going to tell us about another great zoom meeting, the day before it actually happened?
Don’t assume that was the only call involving the recruitment of that particular recruit. Chief, if anything, was ahead of the curve on that one. The well publicized meeting is downstream to calls that are arguably just as or more important.

Reaction Score

Chief the season is a-coming, get some thick skin, ignore the haters and post away. No need to respond to criticism, dislikes or opposing decision and certainly posting 'I told you so'. Not a good look bro, we're pretty much anonymous here anyway.

Choose your battles wisely and keep doing what you're doing.

Just saying, "the yard is the yard", and you know that.

C

Chief00

Chief the season is a-coming, get some thick skin, ignore the haters and post away. No need to respond to criticism, dislikes or opposing decision and certainly posting 'I told you so'. Not a good look bro, we're pretty much anonymous here anyway.

Choose your battles wisely and keep doing what you're doing.

Just saying, "the yard is the yard", and you know that.
Sometimes you have to stop and educate our beloved causal fans and new posters, since unless they receive an opposing viewpoint, they might fall prey to lies. Not everyone was here in the summer of 2011 when Chief made that shocking Dre coming in September call. Obviously, I needed some close first hand knowledge to make that outrageous call that caught everyone by surprise. So when social plans temporarily fall through it brings better context than to those who have no context and make up lies they have no first hand knowledge of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom