Sean Miller to Ohio State - Allegedly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller to Ohio State - Allegedly

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's stopping Dan Hurley from getting swiped to the P4?
Well, mostly Dan Hurley.

Also not sure if are aware of Hurleys contract. Not many schools in the P4 are going to be willing to top a $32.8 million total package.

But hey, thanks for stopping by.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The source might be fake, but leaving for another school before the season is over is exactly the kind of thing Sean Miller would do.

caw

Reaction Score
What's stopping Dan Hurley from getting swiped to the P4? BE looks like a great place to get P4-level coaches for cheap

BE is a great place to get P4-level coaches for cheap. I recommend Ed Cooley.

As for Hurley, there is only one P4 school I could even picture him coaching at and that job won't be available for years and years barring some Ollie level of bad.

Reaction Score
Yup the best place to become a fan of Duke is the Boneyard.
Bye Bye Reaction GIF by GritTV

Reaction Score
No. The basketball budgets of a Big Ten school and a Big East school are in the same range. Not sure why a basketball coach would care how much his school spends on football. Or should care.
are NIL resources the same too?

Reaction Score
Well, mostly Dan Hurley.

Also not sure if are aware of Hurleys contract. Not many schools in the P4 are going to be willing to top a $32.8 million total package.

Possibly Andrea. When he took this job, he said it was the only place he would consider because his wife would not let him leave the northeast. It didn't seem like a completely tongue-in-cheek comment.

Reaction Score
Well, mostly Dan Hurley.

Some people believe that everyone chases money as their sole goal in life and when I read some of the comments made here about salaries I wonder just how much money the posters think people need to be happy with their lives.

DH, lucky for us, is a basketball lifer who played in the Big East and wants the world to know how good the Big East is. Plus, he's being paid more money than he could ever have imagined he'd be paid for doing what he loves when he was coaching in high school. He's never going to be Jay Wright wearing designer suits to games and Andrea is never going to worry about what designer outfit she wears to games.

They're comfortable in their own skin, the players he recruits and the coaches he leads know he's genuine and worthy of their trust, and that's why he's so successful.

All you need to know about where his focus and interest lies was summed up in a recent interview where he said, (I'll paraphrase) "we don't play golf and we're here eleven months of the year to work with and develop our players."

Reaction Score
The big east is a basketball central league, they are in big cities throughout the northeast and Midwest with big fan bases and good NILs..they get top recruits.. UConn is the big brand in the big east, they will almost always out recruit the other schools in the big east.. the travel is minimal compared to the other power conferences, Hurley played in the big east, his family is from the northeast .. I would think he is going stay at UConn

Reaction Score
are NIL resources the same too?
First, we have no data yet to know. But if I assume (and it’s probably the case) that OSU boosters are throwing far more money into NIL than Xavier boosters, the same question arises. Does all that money go into football, and if so who cares. If you know how much NIL money each school’s donors are putting forth FOR HOOPS, by all means share.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom