Sean Miller Out at Arizona | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller Out at Arizona

Reaction Score
Suggs was a 5 star, Sallis is a 5 star, and he's a couple days away from getting Holmgren. He's not gonna leave Spokane.
i'm aware i specifically mentioned them above, but that's only 3 over the course of 2 years when he could get 5 in one class a la UK. plus he could just take sallis and chet with him.

what if this NIL stuff passes? Zona comes with infinitely more branding opportunities than spokane. why be forced to compensate for a significant recruiting disadvantage like that?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gotta think UA makes a run at our Danny Boy. Chance to have Hurley v. Hurley as in-state rivals. Dad Hurley can join the rest of the retirees living the life in Arizona.

(Not really. But someone at some point was going to try and make a case for DH to go to Arizona).
Hurley isn't going anywhere. He is from the East Coast, loves the East Coast, recruits the East Coast, has a 10 million buyout, and I am sure isn't interested in facing his brother a minimum of twice a year and fighting over recruits.

Edit: Sorry @Chin Diesel. Didn't see the small print :)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I wonder where Sean Miller ends up. Unless he has a show cause penalty I would think a mid major would take a chance on him.
Back to Pitt?
They've got the roster if not the conference.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
sit out a year or two and xavier will be clamoring to bring him back once steele flames out

Reaction Score
Damon Stoudamire is a nice fit to coach in Tucson. He’s currently at Pacific and has a .480 record over five years, 32-19 over his last two seasons.

The WCC to P12 is a natural jump for a coaching climbing the ladder. Would be cool to have a qualified alum take over the helm and I could imagine Wildcats fans to love that hire.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
g2n6vfm2d8511.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I had a court appearance with a bad flu once and I looked like that in front of the judge. Not only sweated through my shirt but my suit jacket was pretty wet too. Embarrassing.
Oof. I'm a sweaty bastard--even moreso when I was 40+ pounds heavier--and having air-conditioned car seats is something I now consider essential.

Obviously that won't save you with the flu though.

On a somewhat similar note, once I was wearing my finest wool flannel suit for a major argument in federal court, which my then-major client was attending with me. The court is around a 3/4 mile walk from my office and I was loading up one of those pull carts with my lit bag and a box of exhibits. As I was bending over to secure the bungee cords, the seat of my pants split clear through. 12"+ of boxer briefs, ass and thigh showing. I looked at her and said "My jacket should cover it from behind, and she (the judge) will never see it from the front. So you're the only one who knows."

One of the stranger arguments I've had. Was hard to feel comfortable. Won half and lost half, which was probably the right outcome in any event.

Reaction Score
i'm aware i specifically mentioned them above, but that's only 3 over the course of 2 years when he could get 5 in one class a la UK. plus he could just take sallis and chet with him.

what if this NIL stuff passes? Zona comes with infinitely more branding opportunities than spokane. why be forced to compensate for a significant recruiting disadvantage like that?

I think you're overstating the disadvantage Gonzaga is at when it comes to recruiting. They have about as much cache as anyone in college basketball right now. Tommy Lloyd might take the Arizona job, but Few's not going to.

Reaction Score
I know we don't want small guards..but Akinjo should shake loose. Im not sure what his numbers or metrics were this past season
We allegedly didn’t want him because he is small . If that big guard only theory was true why is Cole here?

Reaction Score
I think you're overstating the disadvantage Gonzaga is at when it comes to recruiting
compared to zona, i dont think gonzaga has any inherent recruiting advantages other than few himself, and he's the independent variable here

imo few at zona would make for 3rd best coach/program combo after k/duke and wright/nova. few's done the most with the least since calhoun.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Local dry cleaners anticipate a 46% reduction in business.
“Great Spirit, Maker of All Life. A warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him and let him take his place at the council fire of my people. He is Sean, my peer. Tell them to be patient and ask death for speed, for they are all there but one, I, Buzz Williams, last of the Flop Sweaters.”

Reaction Score
They can hire Archie and save money on programs- They won't have to change the last name
They just need to make sure they have plenty of chewing gum for Archie

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
About dang time!

You best me to it. One allegation followed by another and then another, and Sean was still standing

Reaction Score
We're not the only ones wondering why it took so long.

The sensible thing for Arizona to do would've been to fire Miller years ago -- after former assistant Book Richardson was arrested, charged with federal crimes and caught on a wiretap telling ex-agent Christian Dawkins that Miller "bought" five-star prospect DeAndre Ayton. Even if you think Richardson was lying for some weird reason, there was never any denying that major NCAA rules were broken by multiple Arizona assistants Miller hired. A notice of allegations was guaranteed to arrive someday -- meaning Miller would be running a program under a cloud for years and without the cheating assistants who helped him build it.

Reaction Score
We're not the only ones wondering why it took so long.

The sensible thing for Arizona to do would've been to fire Miller years ago -- after former assistant Book Richardson was arrested, charged with federal crimes and caught on a wiretap telling ex-agent Christian Dawkins that Miller "bought" five-star prospect DeAndre Ayton. Even if you think Richardson was lying for some weird reason, there was never any denying that major NCAA rules were broken by multiple Arizona assistants Miller hired. A notice of allegations was guaranteed to arrive someday -- meaning Miller would be running a program under a cloud for years and without the cheating assistants who helped him build it.

Um, wasn’t it Miller himself caught on tape?? I’m pretty sure it was.

Reaction Score
Wow, this is big news. That is a big job opening. Anyone know who the leading candidates are?

I wonder where Sean Miller ends up. Unless he has a show cause penalty I would think a mid major would take a chance on him.
Unc

Reaction Score
I had a court appearance with a bad flu once and I looked like that in front of the judge. Not only sweated through my shirt but my suit jacket was pretty wet too. Embarrassing.
Need more dark shirts in the wardrobe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom