Sean Miller Out at Arizona | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller Out at Arizona

Reaction Score
1617815811944.png

Reaction Score
He shot 41% from 3 on 5 attempts per game this year, averaged 16 and 5 but low percentages overall. Don't think it matters since he can't transfer here anyway
Why not?

Can't see Hurley being interested anyway.

Reaction Score
He shot 41% from 3 on 5 attempts per game this year, averaged 16 and 5 but low percentages overall. Don't think it matters since he can't transfer here anyway
Why couldn't he?

Reaction Score
Why not?

Can't see Hurley being interested anyway.
In the Big East rules on transfers it states no intra-conference transfers directly or indirectly. I could be interpreting it wrong, but I take that to mean he couldn't go from Georgetown to Arizona to UConn

@AntG168

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gotta think UA makes a run at our Danny Boy. Chance to have Hurley v. Hurley as in-state rivals. Dad Hurley can join the rest of the retirees living the life in Arizona.

(Not really. But someone at some point was going to try and make a case for DH to go to Arizona).

Reaction Score
In the Big East rules on transfers it states no intra-conference transfers directly or indirectly. I could be interpreting it wrong, but I take that to mean he couldn't go from Georgetown to Arizona to UConn

@AntG168
That would be interesting if that was the rule.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You would hope or assume UA already has the replacement lined up and the replacement is signed off by boosters.

Reaction Score
Sources told ESPN that Arizona had been considering a contract extension for Miller, but the Board of Regents would not approve due to the ongoing NCAA issues.

So the athletic department at Arizona is just as bad as Kansas. It's all about the $$$$$. Unlike Kansas though at least the Board of Regents at Arizona have some morals.

Reaction Score
Sources told ESPN that Arizona had been considering a contract extension for Miller, but the Board of Regents would not approve due to the ongoing NCAA issues.

So the athletic department at Arizona is just as bad as Kansas. It's all about the $$$$$. Unlike Kansas though at least the Board of Regents at Arizona have some morals.

I’m just curious here, where is it not all about the money?

Reaction Score
Luke Walton maybe? He’s probably getting fired soon
NBA head coaches vary rarely go back and coach in college. If walton gets fired he’ll go be an assistant somewhere else until another head coaching gig opens up. He’s proven he can be successful in the nba in the past.

Reaction Score
Gotta think UA makes a run at our Danny Boy. Chance to have Hurley v. Hurley as in-state rivals. Dad Hurley can join the rest of the retirees living the life in Arizona.

(Not really. But someone at some point was going to try and make a case for DH to go to Arizona).
LOL. I know you are joking and being facetious. My reading of the tea leaves is that the Hurley brothers won't put themselves in any situation where they are competing directly in conference, for sure, or out of conference, for recruiting. They might compete for recruits a little (I didn't look at ASU roster and where they come from), but it would only intensify if the Hurley brothers were even on the same coast let alone conference.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the the fact that the PAC12 did well in the tournament had something to do with this?

maybe they realized that the PAC12 is up and coming again and that rather than wait for the hammer to drop that it is better to start fresh now and ride the wave

Reaction Score
Does he have any coaching experience at all?

Hire him and then he hires his dad as an assistant. Looks like these types are hires are gaining traction these days.

Reaction Score
that might be the key qualifier. you don't voluntarily leave a school after winning a chip, unless it's to your alma mater maybe, and i'm not sure that's ever happened. but few still hasnt won....

i'd go to zona and bring hallis and chet to turbocharge that rebuild. it has the second best history after ucla in the conference. few would run the PAC for the next 2 decades without having to hustle so hard on the recruiting trail, all while earning 10 million per year.

but thats just me, dont think it fits his personality, unless losing to baylor rewired his brain.
"without having to hustle so hard on the recruiting trail"
I don't know what Few makes now and how much more Arizona could offer him so that could definitely be a determinant for Few leaving if they go after him. But as far as recruiting goes, it seems like the heavy lifting is done, no? Gonzaga is able to get top tier recruits better than most Power-5/Big East schools. When Gonzaga was the Cinderella that everyone loved in 99 and early 2000s, they could only dream of getting a recruit like Jalen Suggs (#5 according to ESPN)-it was a pipe dream. Next year they might get the #1 overall and they already got Hallis who is #13, I believe.

Reaction Score
"without having to hustle so hard on the recruiting trail"
I don't know what Few makes now and how much more Arizona could offer him so that could definitely be a determinant for Few leaving if they go after him. But as far as recruiting goes, it seems like the heavy lifting is done, no? Gonzaga is able to get top tier recruits better than most Power-5/Big East schools. When Gonzaga was the Cinderella that everyone loved in 99 and early 2000s, they could only dream of getting a recruit like Jalen Suggs (#5 according to ESPN)-it was a pipe dream. Next year they might get the #1 overall and they already got Hallis who is #13, I believe.
he's still losing out on guys to the likes of duke e.g. paulo banchero and spends a lot of time recruiting internationally. think that would stop at Zona. they have everything conceivable going for them. weather, coeds, facilities, and on and on. he'd be capable of pulling in five 5*s a year like calamari used to, if that's what he wanted. it would just make his life that much easier.

Reaction Score
he's still losing out on guys to the likes of duke e.g. paulo banchero. think that would stop at Zona. they have everything conceivable going for them. weather, coeds, facilities, and on and on. he'd be capable of pulling in five 5*s a year like calamari used to, if that's what he wanted. it would just make his life that much easier.

Suggs was a 5 star, Sallis is a 5 star, and he's a couple days away from getting Holmgren. He's not gonna leave Spokane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom