Sean Miller and Will Wade Subpoenaed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller and Will Wade Subpoenaed

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yup and it's not remotely close but I do think the programs' brands carry a similar weight. We both fell in that tier just below the true blue bloods, and both discovered success later than most of our peers in that tier. My point is just that if the NCAA decided to hammer us, I don't think Zona would be too big of a brand to hammer.

I think we were a special case because Emmert, a/k/a Satan, has a major axe to grind with UCONN due to his mismanagement of the UConn 21 building program, and the resulting fallout from his shady business dealings connected with it. He had to really stretch the rules to make a penalty apply retroactively to UConn, and only UConn, regarding the APR nonsense.

What will be fascinating going forward is how the NCAA punishes any of the schools involved or implicated in the FBI sting. Emmert also worked at LSU for a while. If he has any reason to dislike them, will they get hammered worse than anybody else? If the media perceives that the penalties are being applied arbitrarily, it puts the NCAA in the uncomfortable position of having to explain disparate punishment for what are essentially the same or similar acts. They will likely try to avoid the appearance that there's any favoritism toward any particular school or schools compared to others.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I really don’t get why top recruits would want to play for a blatant cheating DB like Sean Miller. What is the draw to Arizona?

This young man is what draws them and a paycheck

1551164556926.png

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Wait what? You're ~25 and you don't understand why a basketball player from a poor family would like play somewhere where the weather is nice, girls are beautiful and you'll likely help out your family while you're there? You don't think that would interest you? What would interest you?

You think an inner city kid would rather go to Gonzaga & Wisconsin? Have you been to either of those places? Are you trolling?

I’m 25 and probably would have tried to get top dollar if I had been a big recruit. No reason not to. Some schools would be off limits for me though—no glorified community colleges

Reaction Score
There are girls like these at every college and university in America, my friend.

The concentration in Arizona is unprecedented. And there are year round massive pool parties with them wearing skimpy bikinis, sometimes only half of one.

Yes, you are both correct. Even the Arizona female alums and fans at the XL center in December were hot.

Reaction Score
The concentration in Arizona is unprecedented. And there are year round massive pool parties with them wearing skimpy bikinis, sometimes only half of one.
Arizona vs. Arizona State...coeds who takes the prize?

I am an amateur so I defer to you/others for the answers and reasons why.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Arizona vs. Arizona State...coeds who takes the prize?

I am an amateur so I defer to you/others for the answers and reasons why.

Really depends on your proclivities. The reasoning isn't exactly politically correct, but AZ better looking, ASU a bit...um...randier shall we say.

Reaction Score
NCAA 'aggressively' seeking information in federal hoops corruption case

>>The NCAA is weighing whether to submit a legal filing asking the federal government for access to more of the information that has been gathered in the U.S. Attorney's investigation into corruption in college basketball, NCAA executive vice president and chief legal officer Donald Remy told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday.

Remy confirmed that, at present, NCAA enforcement representatives have not been privy to prosecutors' information beyond what was publicly presented last October in the first of three scheduled federal trials. That documentation, testimony and electronic surveillance, which was part of the federal prosecution of Adidas executive Jim Gatto, Adidas consultant Merl Code Jr. and agent-runner Christian Dawkins, represented just a fraction of the evidence collected by the government. Remy said the NCAA will seek some of the additional information via federal court as part of the association's follow-up inquiry into the sprawling scandal exposed by federal authorities in September 2017.<<

Reaction Score
Waters sat out another game. Wade had quotes that did make it seem like illness, but I guess he could be lying.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Waters sat out another game. Wade had quotes that did make it seem like illness, but I guess he could be lying.

It seems a little late to suddenly be deliberately holding Waters out of games, even if you know he's ineligible. That horse is already way out of the barn. Wade likely should use the patented Ratface ostrich defense, combined with the patented Ratface Sgt. Schultz defense, if necessary. It's a combination of burying your head in sand and then testifying that you see, hear and know nothing. It worked for Ratface during the 5 1/2 year Maggette investigation, but it's unlikely to work for Wade and LSU, particularly if Emmert has any axes to grind with another prior employer of his.

Reaction Score
It seems a little late to suddenly be deliberately holding Waters out of games, even if you know he's ineligible. That horse is already way out of the barn. Wade likely should use the patented Ratface ostrich defense, combined with the patented Ratface Sgt. Schultz defense, if necessary. It's a combination of burying your head in sand and then testifying that you see, hear and know nothing. It worked for Ratface during the 5 1/2 year Maggette investigation, but it's unlikely to work for Wade and LSU, particularly if Emmert has any axes to grind with another prior employer of his.
Things will get real when these guys have to decide if they want to deal with perjury charges.

Reaction Score
NCAA 'aggressively' seeking information in federal hoops corruption case

>>The NCAA is weighing whether to submit a legal filing asking the federal government for access to more of the information that has been gathered in the U.S. Attorney's investigation into corruption in college basketball, NCAA executive vice president and chief legal officer Donald Remy told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday.

Remy confirmed that, at present, NCAA enforcement representatives have not been privy to prosecutors' information beyond what was publicly presented last October in the first of three scheduled federal trials. That documentation, testimony and electronic surveillance, which was part of the federal prosecution of Adidas executive Jim Gatto, Adidas consultant Merl Code Jr. and agent-runner Christian Dawkins, represented just a fraction of the evidence collected by the government. Remy said the NCAA will seek some of the additional information via federal court as part of the association's follow-up inquiry into the sprawling scandal exposed by federal authorities in September 2017.<<

NCAA files motion to feds seeking info from first college basketball corruption trial

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom