Sean Miller and Will Wade Subpoenaed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller and Will Wade Subpoenaed

Reaction Score
We are way more accomplished and JC>Lute.

Yup and it's not remotely close but I do think the programs' brands carry a similar weight. We both fell in that tier just below the true blue bloods, and both discovered success later than most of our peers in that tier. My point is just that if the NCAA decided to hammer us, I don't think Zona would be too big of a brand to hammer.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Don't think he's going anywhere. Arizona boosters and board like Miller. They already fired the assistant coach in the past month or so and Book Richardson before the season

IDK...the mere spectacle of him testifying has to have the school administration sweating bullets. If he pleads the Fifth Amendment he's screwed, and if he lied last year about everything and they play a tape proving he lied, he's screwed. Either way, it looks like he's screwed. If the school keeps defending him beyond that, it's not a good look for them if the NCAA decides to drop the hammer. He and the school won't get away with stonewalling forever.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When was the last time there was a hoops scandal that actually hurt a premiere program going forward? Excluding us of course.
BC point shaving scandal? I mean that was back in the 70's and they still suck today.

Reaction Score
I really don’t get why top recruits would want to play for a blatant cheating DB like Sean Miller. What is the draw to Arizona?

Reaction Score
I'm going to assume you've never been to Arizona. I don't blame any recruit who goes there
Sunshine, warm weather, hot coeds.

Do they not take into consideration the coaching staff? I understand it’s a great university to be a college athlete on. But does the fact that Sean Miller is a lying cheater not enough to make them want to go elsewhere?

Reaction Score
Do they not take into consideration the coaching staff? I understand it’s a great university to be a college athlete on. But does the fact that Sean Miller is a lying cheater not enough to make them want to go elsewhere?

No, they don’t care nor do they really pay attention to this stuff. If the coach is clearly going to be in big trouble, then they might shy away. However, even if they did care about that stuff, don't you think the 150k might win them over?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hope Kansas and UNC are on the phone with Arizona recruits. If Josh Green decommits and goes to UNC and Zeke Nnaji goes to Kansas it could help our efforts with Precious

And is the more likely scenario than any of the Zona guys having interest in us.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Kids have become high draft picks from there, and it might be the most fun school for a big time MCBB program. These are kids man. When you go on a recruiting trip and it's massive pool parties with half naked coeds....hard to turn that down.

No recruit cares about the lying/cheating thing. They probably dont' even pay attention to that. If he's a head coach, he's legit. No matter what the media or the internet says.

Reaction Score
Oh sweet child, never grow up.

I visited a buddy of mine who went to UofA and if I could do it all over again that would be my #1 choice. Only problem is I don't think I would have graduated. Being down there a week was insane. I can't imagine 4 years

Reaction Score
Did you skip the years of 18-21?

Just passed them actually. If I was a 17 year old with big time offers, Arizona (in its current state) would not interest me. I wouldn’t want to play for a guy who’s on tape offering cash for players. Give me respectable coaches who run good programs (Virginia, Gonzaga, Wisconsin). It’s fine if I’m in the minority here

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Just passed them actually. If I was a 17 year old with big time offers, Arizona (in its current state) would not interest me. I wouldn’t want to play for a guy who’s on tape offering cash for players. Give me respectable coaches who run good programs (Virginia, Gonzaga, Wisconsin). It’s fine if I’m in the minority here

Wait what? You're ~25 and you don't understand why a basketball player from a poor family would like play somewhere where the weather is nice, girls are beautiful and you'll likely help out your family while you're there? You don't think that would interest you? What would interest you?

You think an inner city kid would rather go to Gonzaga & Wisconsin? Have you been to either of those places? Are you trolling?

Reaction Score
Wait what? You're ~25 and you don't understand why a basketball player from a poor family would like play somewhere where the weather is nice, girls are beautiful and you'll likely help out your family while you're there? You don't think that would interest you? What would interest you?

You think an inner city kid would rather go to Gonzaga & Wisconsin? Have you been to either of those places? Are you trolling?

I said what would interest me. Among the things that wouldn’t interest me is playing for a like Sean Miller who is being subpoenaed in an FBI investigation. Is it that hard to understand? I wouldn’t want to play for a scum coach.

Reaction Score
Morally corrupt institutions do not punish other morally corrupt institutions.

Emmert will leave the NCAA just before the P5 leaves and forms their own governing body. He has a history of knowing when to get out.

It is easy to see why UConn got sanctioned twice for APR violations. The first sanction was for having a low APR. The second was for being honest and reporting the low APR. it was the NCAA’s wayof saying “if you want to play with the big boys understand How they play the game - amateurs.”

Reaction Score
Lol... Well those movies are ruined for me now.

Literally caught a couple minutes of one last night. Never again now.

I said what would interest me. Among the things that wouldn’t interest me is playing for a Paesano like Sean Miller who is being subpoenaed in an FBI investigation. Is it that hard to understand? I wouldn’t want to play for a scum coach.

Scum is relative. If you're a high D1 basketball player, you may see AAU programs, coaches, and schools profiting off you and figure not only should they pay you, but hopefully they're paying your teammates, too. Then a guy doing that is playing Robin Hood, not being scummy for violating phony NCAA rules.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom