OT: - Scouting Hits and Misses | The Boneyard

OT: Scouting Hits and Misses

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Tell us some guys you pushed all your chips in on as prospects that became studs, or duds.

I’ll start off with a miss to break the ice. I didn’t think Luka was athletic enough, or shot well enough, to be a primary scorer. Completely out on him by the draft. That’s probably my worst miss.

Reaction Score
I have some of the worst NBA draft takes of all time. I thought Oden over KD was the right choice, and when Anthony Bennett was drafted I texted some of my friends ‘I love that pick’.

Although I will say I wanted Tatum over Fultz and Ball. I was convinced he’d be the best NBA player of the 3.

Reaction Score
I thought Fultz was gonna be a star.

I thought Curry would be a rotation guy / bench scorer. That's a pretty big miss.

Reaction Score
I’ll skip the easy path with Bouknight and i’ll go with jahlil okafor, marvin bagley, and mo bamba. I didn’t think there was any chance any of those three wouldn’t end up top 10 at their positions.

Reaction Score
I have some of the worst NBA draft takes of all time. I thought Oden over KD was the right choice, and when Anthony Bennett was drafted I texted some of my friends ‘I love that pick’.

Although I will say I wanted Tatum over Fultz and Ball. I was convinced he’d be the best NBA player of the 3.
I’ll one up you here. I thought Yi Jianlian was going to be the best player in that draft

Granted I was 13 at the time, but I was dying on that hill

Reaction Score

I thought Curry would be a rotation guy / bench scorer. That's a pretty big miss.
Great article. I remember the super weird shoulder stuff with him and the Sixers not really having his back at all. But cool to read more depth into him and how he dealt with it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I was in on Fultz as well, nobody could anticipate the shooting fall off.

Anyone got hits they wanna share?

Reaction Score
I thought Thabeet would be better in pros than college. Still calling Sanogo as Wes Unseld with offense and he will prove it.

Reaction Score
the misses are more fun. all the guys i underrated going into the nba:
the two "jays" (tatum & brown)
tre young
jalen brunson
kawhi leonard
joel embiid
maxey
donovan mitchell
tyrese haliburton
giannis
jimmy butler
anthony edwards
SGA
steph/klay/dray
harden
booker

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I thought Doug McDermott would be an impact player with his shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom