Scouting Failure | The Boneyard

Scouting Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's an interesting comment from a Cincinatti player about Omar Calhoun.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
pj said:
That was the head coach calling out his coaches.

Hopefully he takes a little bit of it himself. We aren't Texas-San Antonio here. We are in their league and won the national title so our personnel shouldn't be foreign, especially guys who were once top 40 recruits and full-season starters. If they just looked at stats from the last two years, and that's it, you have to wonder about the general hoops knowledge of their people.

Reaction Score
Omar's early season production/efficiency is reminiscent of Niels last season, i kept wondering last season when niels shooting%s would go down, wasn't a fluke. Ollie is going to have to start closing games with hamilton at the 4. can't leave one of calhoun/purv/hamilton on the bench. or maybe he does, but who?

Reaction Score
Omar's early season production/efficiency is reminiscent of Niels last season, i kept wondering last season when niels shooting%s would go down, wasn't a fluke. Ollie is going to have to start closing games with hamilton at the 4. can't leave one of calhoun/purv/hamilton on the bench. or maybe he does, but who?

Right now, with Hamilton's free throw shooting, he shouldn't be on the floor in close games in the last few minutes. He has a lot of skill and potential, but the other team is going to foul the 54% FT shooter every time.

Reaction Score
Right now, with Hamilton's free throw shooting, he shouldn't be on the floor in close games in the last few minutes. He has a lot of skill and potential, but the other team is going to foul the 54% FT shooter every time.
second on the team in points produced. it aint just potential, he is a key cog in our offense due to size on the wing with dribbling ability. the sample size on the free throws is so tiny its negligible. its a hard question though, because facey is a guy i kinda want on the floor closing games too.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is our future superstar he needs to be on the floor to develop and improve his weaknesses. He will shoot and make the 3, he will shoot and make the free throws.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is our future superstar he needs to be on the floor to develop and improve his weaknesses. He will shoot and make the 3, he will shoot and make the free throws.

Don't get me wrong. Hamilton should play major minutes, but in a close game, where the other team is going to foul, you can't have the ball in Hamilton's hands. Cinci knew this and fouled him as soon as he got the ball. Hamilton's free throw shooting will improve in the future, but his form is not good right now.

Reaction Score

I have thought about this myself, and I think it's likely that Ollie will simply allow situational factors to dictate his thinking in regards to his crunch-time lineup. All else being equal, I lean towards Hamilton at the four myself - rebounding would be a challenge in that alignment, but Hamilton, Calhoun, and Boatright have all shown an aptitude at rebounding out of their area, and with a four guard set our offense would be really, really tough to deal with. But a lot of it will depend on who is playing well at the moment.

Reaction Score
KF is way to valuable as a defender and rebounder to leave him on the bench. That is why KO played him 37 minutes yesterday.
he still hasn't found the optimal rotation. Omar is roaring on the bench, and if he continues to play well he will demand to stay on the floor. similar to giff. purvis is just too much of a game changer on both ends to plant EOG situations also. point is, it isn't as easy decision as you make it seem to be.

tend to agree with @champs99and04 , if facey's rebounding is impacting the game at a high level KO will keep him in and coin flip omar/purvis. thats a hard coaching decision. Hamilton is a guy thats going to always be on the floor getting majority of minutes because of his overall production level. just too many points produced... as a FROSH

Despite early season struggles still think this could be a juiced up version of last years team, in that we have plenty of size and even more size in the backcourt. freshman from last year are older and physically more mature. following the path with nearly a top ten defense in the country...

Reaction Score
the more this hamilton guy logs in total minutes, the more he is exposed

this is just a role player who lacks instincts

he is herky jerky, with purv tendencies to plow into groups of defenders

he looks like he was raised in bridgeport at the father panek village with his on court demeanor; this dude gets shook easily(what coast this dude from, right coast of bridgeport or left coast of burbank)

first thing on agenda: crop that hair dew and measure his true height, me thinks he not close to listed six seven

once this fallacy is debunked; maybe coaches, recruiters, fans and said player can begin to improve

but note well; believe the hype, talkin head games, smoke , mirrors ad infinitum and the creeping crud of fiascofotbal will infiltrate heavyhoopindustrials in hostile takeover

let us not forget; this hamilton gentleman shoots like and all points in between from poor rotation to zero knuckleball rotation to poor arc to zero arc to release points in front of his eyes to front of his nose to front of his forehead to above his locks to front of his chin to front of his mouth; pounding the mohinder off back rim, wide left, wider left, wide right, wider right, front rim, under the rim, off glass to missing the entire glass and any other nasty on the planet

deadly shooters have consistent strokes on auto pilot

this hamilton man is a thinking man who attempts to aim the mohinder on its path to no where

this hamilton man at least reads this compendium of random thoughts because he has stopped his sticks rendition of the useless pump fake: BravO

caw

Reaction Score
Haha calling out his coaches.... Not as big of a scouting failure as Memphis in the AAC tourney last year leaving Niels alone...

Two things:

1 - honestly looking at Calhouns percentages over his career I can understand why it's not in the scouting report. He doesn't have a ton of PT yet this year either.

2 - you think Pastner has a scouting report?

Reaction Score
he still hasn't found the optimal rotation. Omar is roaring on the bench, and if he continues to play well he will demand to stay on the floor. similar to giff. purvis is just too much of a game changer on both ends to plant EOG situations also. point is, it isn't as easy decision as you make it seem to be.

tend to agree with @champs99and04 , if facey's rebounding is impacting the game at a high level KO will keep him in and coin flip omar/purvis. thats a hard coaching decision. Hamilton is a guy thats going to always be on the floor getting majority of minutes because of his overall production level. just too many points produced... as a FROSH

Despite early season struggles still think this could be a juiced up version of last years team, in that we have plenty of size and even more size in the backcourt. freshman from last year are older and physically more mature. following the path with nearly a top ten defense in the country...
Purvis has only been a game changer in a few games. He has a lot of talent but we need him to be more consistent and right now Omar is a better option. KO will go with the hot hand.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
purvis "has alot of talent" said various dudettes

i wonder; where the heck he hiding it? i no it valuable commodity but come on: show us some sometime before seezon grind to halt; pweese yo teeze

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
purvis "has alot of talent" said various dudettes

i wonder; where the heck he hiding it? i no it valuable commodity but come on: show us some sometime before seezon grind to halt; pweese yo teeze
maybe you should learn how to write before you criticize one of our players

Reaction Score

he looks like he was raised in bridgeport at the father panek village with his on court demeanor; this dude gets shook easily(what coast this dude from, right coast of bridgeport or left coast of burbank)

first thing on agenda: crop that hair dew and measure his true height, me thinks he not close to listed six seven

once this fallacy is debunked; maybe coaches, recruiters, fans and said player can begin to improve

but note well; believe the hype, talkin head games, smoke , mirrors ad infinitum and the creeping crud of fiascofotbal will infiltrate heavyhoopindustrials in hostile takeover

let us not forget; this hamilton gentleman shoots like and all points in between from poor rotation to zero knuckleball rotation to poor arc to zero arc to release points in front of his eyes to front of his nose to front of his forehead to above his locks to front of his chin to front of his mouth; pounding the mohinder off back rim, wide left, wider left, wide right, wider right, front rim, under the rim, off glass to missing the entire glass and any other nasty on the planet

this hamilton man is a thinking man who attempts to aim the mohinder on its path to no where

this hamilton man at least reads this compendium of random thoughts because he has stopped his sticks rendition of the useless pump fake: BravO

This is one of the dumbest posts in a long time. Almost every single thought is completely wrong.. Wow, a tour de farce.

H

huskymagic

I agree chap Hamilton needs to get rid of the fro or shorten it. Jeremy Lamb went to the high top and his game has gone the other way. His shot is suspect and his dribbling is way too high, he needs to work harder, but definitely has the talent. Kelly Oubre a much more highly touted freshman wing looks bad out there for Kansas so these things take time. He is a legit 6'7 with or without the fro.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I agree chap Hamilton needs to get rid of the fro or shorten it. Jeremy Lamb went to the high top and his game has gone the other way. His shot is suspect and his dribbling is way too high, he needs to work harder, but definitely has the talent. Kelly Oubre a much more highly touted freshman wing looks bad out there for Kansas so these things take time. He is a legit 6'7 with or without the fro.

How have I not had you on ignore?!
That's been rectified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member