OT: - ScoutHoop's Evan Daniels on Steven Enoch | The Boneyard

OT: ScoutHoop's Evan Daniels on Steven Enoch

Reaction Score
Damn...Evan Daniels just BLEW all his credibility with me. Down to zero. Ugh

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Last year experts were saying he’d emerge as a power big man for us to go along with Brimah. This kid is a bust. Period.

Reaction Score
If he was still being coached by Rick Pitino, then yeah, maybe he would turn into something different than what he was at UConn. But I don't see that happening now that he's being coached by these two guys for the foreseeable future:

Reaction Score
Enoch has a basketball body, good hands, and some decent moves.

He had no lateral speed and couldnt seem to get enough game reps to learn to finish, even when the move itself looked pretty.

Has the potential if anyone can get him to work hard.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Remember when someone said last week he had the moves of Kevin McHale? Good times.

Reaction Score
I was pretty positive a year off was going to do him a lot of good. Can't imagine the environment at Louisville being great for growth right now though.

Hard to imagine him being able to help a stacked Louisville team this year when he could barely help our decimated Huskies last year.

Reaction Score
Well ...

I'm the contra. Kid has the body and some sincerely strong physical skills - including good hands. His question mark ... BIG ... is his heart and desire to be good.

I think it is more than that. Missing bunnies and dunks are not great attributes. Also, defense can be learned, with desire as you note, but it is not easy. He is way way behind.

Reaction Score
If he was still being coached by Rick Pitino, then yeah, maybe he would turn into something different than what he was at UConn. But I don't see that happening now that he's being coached by these two guys for the foreseeable future:

But why does Pitino have this rep with big men? Dieng?
Ville fans have been complaining about the development of their big men.

Reaction Score
Remember when someone said last week he had the moves of Kevin McHale? Good times.
That was me, and it was a bit of hyperbole/sarcasm that nobody caught on to.

I didn't bother to clarify because it was just as funny to watch people respond with disgust.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Plain and simple -
IT'S THE HEART
The kid showed little desire on the court, he took plays off on the offensive end, was caught off guard on passes and assignments, rarely fought for a rebound and when he was on the bench, from my seats at HCC, I saw him goofing off with Durham and one of the walk ons many times.
Yes defense can be taught. However, in order to improve on the deficiencies, you need to want to work on them - desire is what was/is lacking - it is almost impossible for someone who is claiming to work on something to not get better if they have the physical tools - and looking at SE's size and some of the things he did show on the offensive end - he had physical tools.
I hope things work out for him but truth be told - he is in a far worse position now than the day before he walked off the Storrs campus.

Reaction Score
Enoch has a basketball body, good hands, and some decent moves.

He had no lateral speed and couldnt seem to get enough game reps to learn to finish, even when the move itself looked pretty.

Has the potential if anyone can get him to work hard.
He either didn't have a clue on defense or he was just too slow laterally or maybe a combination of both.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Who the heck is Evan Daniels and why should anybody care about anything he has to say about anything???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom