Scottie Burrell | The Boneyard

Scottie Burrell

Reaction Score
I heard the rumors leading up to “The Last Dance” that Jordan really dished it out to Scottie Burrell when he was a member of the Bulls. From the first two episodes, those rumors were right. Made Scottie look like a clown on a couple of occasions. Wow.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I saw Scottie in that last night. Him and MJ just talking smack to each other on the bench.

How about the trash talk to Krause though?

Reaction Score
The ironic thing is that Scott Barrell is a great, stand up guy. Jordan probably saw Scott Burrell's sheer athleticism and figured he could push him to be an even better player. Having met Scott I can say that he is a genuinely nice guy and probably did not share Jordan's level of insane drive, as few people have that. Jordan wouldn't have wasted his effort if he didn't think that he was capable of pushing Burrell to do even more than he did.

Reaction Score
I heard the rumors leading up to “The Last Dance” that Jordan really dished it out to Scottie Burrell when he was a member of the Bulls. From the first two episodes, those rumors were right. Made Scottie look like a clown on a couple of occasions. Wow.
There's a bunch of talk about that in this thread.

And an article in the Courant with an interview with Burrell (posted this morning in that thread). Seems Burrell didn't mind what went on at all and understands it.

Reaction Score
That's one hell of a strange take.

Reaction Score
At that point in his career I’m sure Burrell knew what he was stepping into and especially with Pippen being out till February. I’m pretty sure playing for Calhoun for 4 years didn’t hurt either.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I saw Scottie in that last night. Him and MJ just talking smack to each other on the bench.

How about the trash talk to Krause though?

“Those the pills you take to stay so short? Or you taking diet pills?”

“Jerry you gonna do layups with us? Gonna have to lower the rim.”

I wish I could just watch all the uncut behind the scenes...I could spend days watching nothing but that.

Reaction Score
At that point in his career I’m sure Burrell knew what he was stepping into and especially with Pippen being out till February. I’m pretty sure playing for Calhoun for 4 years didn’t hurt either.
“I just hope people don’t look at this movie the wrong way and think he’s a bad person, or a mean person,” Burrell says, “or he’s aggressive. He just tried to motivate guys so they prepare, just like coach [Jim] Calhoun.”

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Interview with Scott on Sportscenter coming up after this commercial break (1:43)

Can't be as good as when his smoking hot wife interviewed him on SNY (she is on air talent)

C

Chief00

From everything I have heard in the past Scott and MJ got along fine. MJ was the leader and motivator of the team. They shared a baseball background and interest in golf.

Reaction Score
“The guys that did text me and tell me they saw it, they were saying, ‘I didn’t know he was that intense,’ ” Burrell said. “Even in the interview, you feel how intense he is, watching the documentary. They realize it looks like a different person compared to LeBron [James].

“And when they see the next couple [episodes] and the Pistons beat him up, they’ll ask, 'Wow, how did he play through that?’ because they’ve never played basketball with the toughness and physicality that they’re about to see.”

Reaction Score
I remember reading a quote from BJ Armstrong when he played for the Charlotte Hornets about MJ's work ethic. He said something along the lines of, "If practice was over but MJ wasn't happy, then nobody dared to leave. How could you leave when the best bb player in the world was still practicing?" He went on to discuss how he thought he had worked hard before, but until he worked with MJ he never knew what hard work was."

Reaction Score
Great footage last night of Burrell getting clowned by Jordan on the team plane. Super entertaining clip.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Scottie would have struck Jordan out on 3 pitches.
Maybe four pitches.. First pitch ..High and tight..A little chin music..Then three strikes for the K..

That's actually a great way to sucker someone in to robbing them blind with gambling. You take a great athlete like MJ whose arrogance and daring to be great is translating on the basketball court and you sucker them in to a different game where they are good but you are better. Scottie takes him double or nothing on a baseball field side bet on the off days.

Reaction Score
That's actually a great way to sucker someone in to robbing them blind with gambling. You take a great athlete like MJ whose arrogance and daring to be great is translating on the basketball court and you sucker them in to a different game where they are good but you are better. Scottie takes him double or nothing on a baseball field side bet on the off days.
Rumor had it that he probably could have been drafted in NFL as a QB if he had gone on to play FB in college..Supposedly very good Big Ten FB schools were scouting him as a QB prospect.. Could throw a football flat footed about 70-75 yds.. Maybe why JC had him throw in bounds pass to Tate G for buzzer beater..

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Rumor had it that he probably could have been drafted in NFL as a QB if he had gone on to play FB in college..Supposedly very good Big Ten FB schools were scouting him as a QB prospect.. Could throw a football flat footed about 70-75 yds.. Maybe why JC had him throw in bounds pass to Tate G for buzzer beater..
Yeah he was an unbelievable all around athlete.

Reaction Score
Burrell was recruited by Penn State, Miami, and Notre Dame for football. Another local stud athlete was Rico Brogna, he wasn't quite at Burrell's level but signed to play qb at Clemson.

Reaction Score
Burrell was recruited by Penn State, Miami, and Notre Dame for football. Another local stud athlete was Rico Brogna, he wasn't quite at Burrell's level but signed to play qb at Clemson.
Those schools were all elite FB programs at the time of Scott's recruitment.. Supreme compliment to his talents/potential.. I may be wrong but I thought I had heard Bo and Duffy were interested.. Impressive nonetheless..

Reaction Score
I played against him in high school. I was a middle linebacker. He threw to my area over the middle to his tight end and I jumped in front of the pass for an easy interception. He threw it so hard, I couldn’t catch it. It hit me in the chest so hard I lost my footing and stumbled backward and dropped it. The good news for us was that none of his receivers could catch his passes either. We killed them.

Reaction Score
I played against him in high school. I was a middle linebacker. He threw to my area over the middle to his tight end and I jumped in front of the pass for an easy interception. He threw it so hard, I couldn’t catch it. It hit me in the chest so hard I lost my footing and stumbled backward and dropped it. The good news for us was that none of his receivers could catch his passes either. We killed them.
As you know ..Lucy..Most LBs are not known for their soft hands.. Just bustin'.. I used to be one.. I hope you told your coach you were really trying to knock down the pass..Not catch it!! LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom