Scottie Burrell | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scottie Burrell

Reaction Score
I'm not exaggerating when I say Scott had the best arm I've every seen at the high school level and I only saw it on tape. Not only could he throw it long but he threw ropes as Fatlucy can attest.

Reaction Score
Rumor had it that he probably could have been drafted in NFL as a QB if he had gone on to play FB in college..Supposedly very good Big Ten FB schools were scouting him as a QB prospect.. Could throw a football flat footed about 70-75 yds.. Maybe why JC had him throw in bounds pass to Tate G for buzzer beater..
Know someone that played football with him. Said he could throw it endzone to endzone. Probably an exaggeration but he has tremendous arm strength

Reaction Score
As you know ..Lucy..Most LBs are not known for their soft hands.. Just bustin'.. I used to be one.. I hope you told your coach you were really trying to knock down the pass..Not catch it!! LOL
Ha... me too...back in our day (early eighties), between neck rolls, taped hands and forearm pads, intercepting anything was a miracle...plus the goal was close and punish the receiver...

Reaction Score
Rumor had it that he probably could have been drafted in NFL as a QB if he had gone on to play FB in college..Supposedly very good Big Ten FB schools were scouting him as a QB prospect.. Could throw a football flat footed about 70-75 yds.. Maybe why JC had him throw in bounds pass to Tate G for buzzer beater..
His older brother Abbott played football at UCONN

Reaction Score
Burrell was recruited by Penn State, Miami, and Notre Dame for football. Another local stud athlete was Rico Brogna, he wasn't quite at Burrell's level but signed to play qb at Clemson.

I don't know if I wouldn't say he was Burrell's level. Decent show in the major leagues with Detroit, Phillies and the Mets. Had .289/22/76 with the Mets in 1995, leading the team in all 3 categories. You could say his MLB career was better than Burrell's NBA career.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I wouldn't say he was Burrell's level. Decent show in the major leagues with Detroit, Phillies and the Mets. Had .289/22/76 with the Mets in 1995, leading the team in all 3 categories. You could say his MLB career was better than Burrell's NBA career.
I only said not quite at Burrell's level because Burrell could have played at the highest level in college in 3 sports, Rico only two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom