Scott Gray | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scott Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
During the immediate power outage due the Superstorm Sandy we listened to WTIC for info. What we got was ex-Gov Rowland rattling off up-to-the-minute- closures.

Wow

Reaction Score
During the immediate power outage due the Superstorm Sandy we listened to WTIC for info. What we got was ex-Gov Rowland rattling off up-to-the-minute- closures.

Wow

You're lucky.;)

Reaction Score
WTIC, in blue state CT, has gone so far to the right it's amazing. From 9-12AM it's Jim Vicicvich who is a liberatarean, and rips the left constantly. From Noon to 3 Limbaugh. We all know his political preference. Then, from 3-6PM it's "honest" John Rowland, who is being investigated by a grand jury for illegally accepting funds to help someone run for congress.
Somewhere around 10PM they play a tape of Sean Hannity for folks to go to bed with. It's understandable someone like Gray would ridicule Biden's intellect, but mispronounce Ollie's name.
Liberal radio doesn't sell because liberals tend to get their news from a variety of sources. Conservatives are more focused in their listening habits and believe that anything that isn't strictly right wing is left wing so they tend to only listen to conservative radio. Liberals are more likely to be dismissive of what they see and hear on say MSNBC while conservatives tend to believe everything they see and hear on Fox news.
As a right leaning moderate with mostly conservative friends, this is how I see it. Just about all of my conservative friends get their "news" exclusively from Fox and if they are discussing an issue they tend to take on the blustery style of conservative broadcasters. It is as if they think the louder they scream the more effective they are. The listening and viewing habits of conservatives have more to do with the bigger audiences of conservative broadcasters than the actual political population of the state. Connecticut is clearly a blue state.

Reaction Score
Liberal radio doesn't sell because liberals tend to get their news from a variety of sources. Conservatives are more focused in their listening habits and believe that anything that isn't strictly right wing is left wing so they tend to only listen to conservative radio. Liberals are more likely to be dismissive of what they see and hear on say MSNBC while conservatives tend to believe everything they see and hear on Fox news.
As a right leaning moderate with mostly conservative friends, this is how I see it. Just about all of my conservative friends get their "news" exclusively from Fox and if they are discussing an issue they tend to take on the blustery style of conservative broadcasters. It is as if they think the louder they scream the more effective they are. The listening and viewing habits of conservatives have more to do with the bigger audiences of conservative broadcasters than the actual political population of the state. Connecticut is clearly a blue state.
I agree 100%. Fox news is probably the reason most conservatives are in complete shock over last Tuesday's results. I saw a prediction grid of all the poll orginazations and their state by state predictions. The independant polls were pretty much spot on. Fox news had Romney winning all the swing states, even PA. Their electoral poll had Romney with over 290 electorial votes. That says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom