Scott Burrell to Huskies of Honor | The Boneyard

Scott Burrell to Huskies of Honor

Reaction Score
Saw him pitch when he was in HS. Scott threw BB's. Congratulations to Scott, well deserved.

Reaction Score
Well deserved, incredible athlete. This once again begs the question why isn't Ben Gordon in the Huskies of Honor?
Was wondering that today. There's a Courant article from 2012 about Rudy's induction and it mentions that Caron and Ben are next, but need to find a game that works for their schedule. I know Been has had some legal troubles recently so maybe that has gotten in the way of things?

Reaction Score
Without sounding too much like a ...

What's Burrell's case for the Huskies of Honor? I'm legitimately curious.

It doesn't really seem like he fits in with the Calhoun-era players that are already up there:

Chris Smith
Donyell Marshall
Ray Allen
Rip Hamilton
Khalid El-Amin
Caron Butler
Emeka Okafor
Rudy Gay
Kemba Walker
Shabazz Napier

Reaction Score

It doesn't really seem like he fits in with the Calhoun-era players that are already up there:

Chris Smith
Donyell Marshall
Ray Allen
Rip Hamilton
Khalid El-Amin
Caron Butler
Emeka Okafor
Rudy Gay
Kemba Walker
Shabazz Napier
The best combo of college, pro, and coaching career? He did have really solid junior and senior numbers at UConn and a decent NBA career but it'd be hard not to put him bottom of that list

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's like the rule book in pro wrestling, there are rules but no one gets to see them. Based on the clues, post-UConn success is heavily weighted. That pushes Scott over the top.

Reaction Score

Chris Smith
Donyell Marshall
Ray Allen
Rip Hamilton
Khalid El-Amin
Caron Butler
Emeka Okafor
Rudy Gay
Kemba Walker
Shabazz Napier
Maybe shouldn't be there purely basketball wise but he is the only player ever drafted first round in two sports. First NCAA player with 1,500 points, 750 rebounds, 275 assists, and 300 steals. Also, hands down the greatest pass in Husky history and one of the best passes in NCAA history.

Reaction Score
Scott was a great player and an even better person. He impacted all areas of a game as well as any Husky I’ve seen. Well deserved in my opinion.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
On the Women's side you need to be an All-American.

Reaction Score
While we’re at it, why isn’t Lamb on it? He only played two years but he was a critical piece on that 2011 team. I know Rudy was an All American but in my opinion Lamb was more valuable. I hope we see him on there soon enough.

Reaction Score
Assuming Ben Gordon needs to lay low for awhile, Ryan Boatright has to be the next to go in the Huskies of Honor. Top 10 Scorer All-Time and National Champion as well as stayed with the program through the postseason ban in order to win said National Title. Only one on this list not in or soon to be in:

Attachments

• uconn basketballTop 10 All-Time Scorers (1).png
    uconn basketballTop 10 All-Time Scorers (1).png
    498.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
C

Chief00

I would like to make an argument for Andre Drummond for the Huskies Of Honor. True, his tenure here was short and while very good for a freshman disappointed some casual fans.
So it would be more based on the number 2 kid in the country staying home and his NBA post graduate studies accomplishments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom