Score Predictions UConn vs Louisville 2/9/14 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score Predictions UConn vs Louisville 2/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we are 20+ points better. We've been shooting the ball well and playing good defense of late. And Kaleena had a good week of practice.

UConn by 88-58.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
85-64 for the good guys. I just don't see them matching up, especially down one of their top players.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
DD- u still up? Who do u think matches up against us the best? ND? Stamford?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
80 - 55 UConn by twenty-five. Louisville has never gotten closer than 15 points at Storrs and this year will be no different.

I like this score. I am hoping for a blowout.

I am wondering if Walz will resort to the rough-em-up defense on Stewart.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am behind. Which top player will they be missing?
Bria Smith

I went through, in another thread, a player by player analysis of starters and bench players. L'ville is way deeper and if they get UCONN in trouble, or wear us down (people have commented that Stef in particular has looked winded at times), the game could be closer than we'd like. BUT IMHO L'ville does not match up well vs. UCONN at a single position. UCONN is better at every single one. I think overall L'villes bench is stronger based more on volume than specific skills, but I think UCONN still wins this game handily.

UCONN 85
L'ville 59

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
82-68 Dawgs! Will be interesting to see the guarding of SS.

Jim

Reaction Score
I expect an up tempo game with Walz trying to tire out/foul out the UCONN starters. Without Bria Smith Louisville comes up short. 88-66 Huskies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I'm a bit surprised at the folks who think this is going to be close, or those folks who have the 'Ville scoring in the upper 60's or higher. Nobody scores that much on UConn unless we're talking serious track meet, in which case CT flirts with 100.

So, UConn 84, U of L 57. Tough day at the office for Shoni.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I only give them points because I think Waltz is such a good coach. And because of the mojo. :p

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Bria Smith

I went through, in another thread, a player by player analysis of starters and bench players. L'ville is way deeper and if they get UCONN in trouble, or wear us down (people have commented that Stef in particular has looked winded at times), the game could be closer than we'd like. BUT IMHO L'ville does not match up well vs. UCONN at a single position. UCONN is better at every single one. I think overall L'villes bench is stronger based more on volume than specific skills, but I think UCONN still wins this game handily.

UCONN 85
L'ville 59
I agree totally with your prediction. And as I replied to your bench comments in the other thread, it's games against competitive teams or close games that matter.

I took a closer look.

Oklahoma - Walton, Jude, Deines and Gibbs had double digit minutes off the bench.
LSU - Walton, Jude and Gibbs
Colorado - Dwyer, Walton, Gibbs
Temple - Dwyer, Walton, Gibbs
USF - Slaughter
Rutgers - Slaughter, Jude

Now with Gibbs in the starting lineup, the bench is even weaker.

Their main bench players against Uconn will probably be Jude and Walton. Not sure you will see more than a few minutes each from the other bench players.

Chong and Stokes are the better players.

Sorry DC for putting analysis in your prediction thread. Please don't yell at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom