Score predictions for Depaul game, Thurs night | The Boneyard

Score predictions for Depaul game, Thurs night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess better get this going; NEW CORN just popped a Depaul prediction onto the thread for the "Mocs" game last night. Good to see. As usual: Your winner....margin.....actual score for purposes of breaking a tie....and your thoughts of the "why" or your predictions if you wish....humor, other embellishments etc more than welcome.
We have a couple of repeat BALL winners with targets on their backs at this point.:eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Next month will be a series of challenges for UConn starting with #15 DePaul then # 14 Texas in the Jimmy V Classic, then #1 Notre Dame. Later in December, UConn will face #9 Ohio State and #5 Maryland.

Geno said: "Well, I hope these ranked teams are good as everybody says they are. "Because we need to get our ass beat soon and bad, so that some of our guys will come to realize that this is not a walk in the park. It's not as easy as they think it is."

What is Geno's thinking? This UConn team is neither talented enough to win games on sheer skill nor tough enough to scratch out victories. The program's iconic undefeated teams could win games both ways. Against Tennessee-Chattanooga, UConn gave up a lot of points in the paint in the first half. Chattanooga scored just 39 points the entire game in a loss to un-ranked Maine Sunday.
They scored 31 in the first half against the Huskies Tuesday.

The way Geno sees it, that's the product of a team that still needs to get some grit. He says they they will get their opportunity over the next month. "You have to acquire it. How do you acquire it?" Geno asked, "Well, a lot of times it comes from inside and you just have it and it just needs to come out. "People forget, Stewie's freshman year, they faced reality a lot, and they got tougher in December, January, February. By the time we got to March, those guys were tough."

Geno: "We used to be different, we used to be special somewhat" "We're like everybody else now". The gap has closed somewhat. "Our guys play when they feel like it. They get in a stance when they feel like it. In the second half, they felt like it. The first half, they didn't.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Do you think UConn needs to lose a game to get their focus and bearing?

UConn 87 - DePaul 78

Reaction Score
I had the pleasure of sitting one row in front of Doug Bruno last year as we watched Geno and company cut down the nets in Indy after the game. He was talking about how talented both Lou and Collier are. He said something to the degree that Lou will have the ability to be a huge mismatch given her height. I expect he will have a good game plan for her leading me to believe we will be down after the first quarter. Once we adjust, I predict we will be up single digits at the half, and ultimately pull out the win by 10-15 points.

86-74 uconn. Lou and Collier both score 20+

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
If Crystal doesn't play and Gabby is less than 100% then Geno might get his "wish". DePaul with too much depth wins by four if they don't play. Sorry.

Reaction Score
39.5 three point attempts per game the last 2 games with close to 50 % made. All hands on deck needed for this one. Uconn 73 DePaul 65

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Game Hinges on whether DePaul can hit 40% or more of their three point shots and if UConn can hit 50% of their shots. DePaul has the ability to outscore Uconn and have the 5th ranked Scoring Offense this year. Their Defense is not as good as UConn's, which should enable UConn to win the game. What concerns me is if UConn sees DePaul jacking up a high number of 3's and the players believe they need to do the same. UConn has to run their offense and dominate points in the paint and get to the Free Throw Line.

Expect UConn to win 75 - 65, but wouldn't be surprised to see DePaul pulls off an upset.

Reaction Score
84-80 UConn......................size isn't the issue here............it's all about the three pointers.........Bruno knows how to bother his pal's team...........this one could be a tough one for the Huskies..............if Crystal doesn't play or is not at 100% the odds get worse........

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Uconn by 12+ Uconn 83 DePaul 67

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
In honor of what could be nine-squared wins in a row, I'll go ahead and predict 81-69. The transitive property is not 100% reliable, but our girls beat a Baylor team that has previously handed the Blue Demons their ass. I really hope Crystal can play a little, though...

Reaction Score
It will be an up and down game with very little defense being played but in the end UConn pulls out a close one.

UConn 82
Depaul 71

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Could be a barn burner - DePaul's bombing 3's and UConn's defense.

i'll go with the defense - UConn 79 DePaul 61.

Reaction Score
If Crystal doesn't play and Gabby is less than 100% then Geno might get his "wish". DePaul with too much depth wins by four if they don't play. Sorry.
I don't want to "like" this obviously, but I appreciate your analysis, if Crystal doesn't play and Gabby is nursing something.

I don't know what Geno's thinking (most of the time I don't know what I'm thinking), but I wouldn't be surprised if he's been haunted by the vision of having his winning streak end in South Bend. If instead his good buddy Doug Bruno ends that tonight at home (where the crowd will still celebrate the last 80), then it really doesn't matter all that much what happens at Notre Dame. When Geno is saying that there's a monkey on his team's back, I think he really means that the chimp is sitting on his.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I'm in for 76-56, good guys win

Reaction Score
Geno's statements are just the fire they'll need to get off to a good start. He know's this group has a lot of pride, they won't feel slighted, they'll be motivated. UCONN 92, DePaul 71. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom