Score predictions for Depaul game, Thurs night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score predictions for Depaul game, Thurs night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Team is Up for this one!! They haven't looked past this one. Defense is Geno's forte. To be certain--Doug will toss as many 3' as is imaginable. De Paul will test Uconn's ability to defend the dribble drive while threatening the 3. Geno will respond with a man to man zone. Dougs team will get their common number of 3's thrown--but off the mark by D.

Uconn 73 to 67

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Score prediction: High, very high

I like Mike's prediction, but I'll change it slightly 98-78, assuming Crystal plays.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm in for 76-56, good guys win

Baylor is not playing. :D

Baylor just had too much size for DePaul but DePaul was excellent at hitting the three ball in the second half. Had they started hitting earlier in the game than they did the score might have been much closer.

I'm going with UCONN by 17, but I guess it all depends on who can/can't play.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Could be a barn burner - DePaul's bombing 3's and UConn's defense.

i'll go with the defense - UConn 79 DePaul 61.

bww_mm_01_barnburner_418x248.gif

Reaction Score
This game scares me. If DePaul comes out and starts hitting threes and the Huskies get behind by double digits how will they react? These young guys haven't been tested in that situation. Will they panic? Will they be patient enough to chip away or will they try to get it all back at once? This game has the potential to be a true test. Of course, if DePaul comes out with cold shooting the whole scenario I just laid out goes in the toilet. At this point I have seen enough of the Huskies to make my first WAG on a final score. I think ultimately UConn's defense will hold DePaul to 70 points or less but after an exhausting game (at least for the fans) the Huskies win 79 -68. The separation will come at the end of the game at the foul line.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Getting in late so have had my real pick taken and it is forcing me up: 93-77 for UConn. I appreciate the appeasement of the mojo god of those picking DePaul.

Reaction Score
I think it's gonna be closer than most of you guys do. UConn pulls it out, but not by much.

Dangerfield is the wild card.

Reaction Score
Next month will be a series of challenges for UConn starting with #15 DePaul then # 14 Texas in the Jimmy V Classic, then #1 Notre Dame. Later in December, UConn will face #9 Ohio State and #5 Maryland.

Geno said: "Well, I hope these ranked teams are good as everybody says they are. "Because we need to get our ass beat soon and bad, so that some of our guys will come to realize that this is not a walk in the park. It's not as easy as they think it is."

What is Geno's thinking? This UConn team is neither talented enough to win games on sheer skill nor tough enough to scratch out victories. The program's iconic undefeated teams could win games both ways. Against Tennessee-Chattanooga, UConn gave up a lot of points in the paint in the first half. Chattanooga scored just 39 points the entire game in a loss to un-ranked Maine Sunday.
They scored 31 in the first half against the Huskies Tuesday.

The way Geno sees it, that's the product of a team that still needs to get some grit. He says they they will get their opportunity over the next month. "You have to acquire it. How do you acquire it?" Geno asked, "Well, a lot of times it comes from inside and you just have it and it just needs to come out. "People forget, Stewie's freshman year, they faced reality a lot, and they got tougher in December, January, February. By the time we got to March, those guys were tough."

Geno: "We used to be different, we used to be special somewhat" "We're like everybody else now". The gap has closed somewhat. "Our guys play when they feel like it. They get in a stance when they feel like it. In the second half, they felt like it. The first half, they didn't.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Do you think UConn needs to lose a game to get their focus and bearing?

UConn 87 - DePaul 78

CARNAC: just getting to this - very interesting. Glad you added it in.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree that we need to take this seriously. But we have Geno, the home court, and Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom