Score predictions for Dayton game | The Boneyard

Score predictions for Dayton game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You folks feeling as elated today as we all were a few days ago? Certainly on the prediction front you should be. Great job individually and collectively.

As usual: who wins it...score.....and I think some folks like the "WHY" of your predictions when you have the time and interest to salt that in. Really adds flavor. Speaking of flavor, Happy Thanksgiving. And try to take a look at the Game Balls section of the "Predictions" threads if you haven't seen them. As "DADDY CHOC" put it, "We have a winner".....actually several of them.

Reaction Score
I like Husky fanatic's score. Just to keep in mind that this close to Thanksgiving the student section is likely to be pretty empty. While it may not affect the score, we shouldn't be dismayed by "the optics."

Reaction Score
At home!!! Match up fairly well size wise although they have more six foot plus personnel. 82 to 60
good call. Geno likely still getting game time for the bench. Pretty thin-great to see everyone get work in.

Reaction Score
Even though this isn't the Dayton of the recent past, they have some athletes and height but they'll lose 85 to 49!
The LSU game was sloppy and UCONN staff & players want a more positive break for the Thanksgiving Holiday!

Reaction Score
I like Husky fanatic's score. Just to keep in mind that this close to Thanksgiving the student section is likely to be pretty empty. While it may not affect the score, we shouldn't be dismayed by "the optics."
Just as long as the roof holds together.

82-58

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
It also isn't the Dayton coach of the past. We'll see how that works out.

Jim Jair resigned in September (personal reasons for health and to be with his family) so I can't see this team putting up the numbers they have in the past. it has nothing to do with personnel, Jim was a master of offense IMO and was smart enough to find ways around the defenses of the likes of UCONN and ND. if he was still around I would predict a much closer game.

I have not read up on the team as of late and IIRC a Mike Kelly is leading this squad. I believe he is from the athletic department but also the basketball director so let's not completely count out this team. score will be higher and we need all our girls to have great shooting nights.
88-64

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
UConn 72
Dayton 61

Another rag-tag game. Home court energy and Husky persistence prevail.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Just for everyone's information....Dayton is 2-1

They lost to Quinnipiac to start the season...piece of cake for us...right?
Then they beat Wisconsin and Princeton

Weird start to the season...not to be taken lightly

Reaction Score
Jim Jair resigned in September (personal reasons for health and to be with his family) so I can't see this team putting up the numbers they have in the past. it has nothing to do with personnel, Jim was a master of offense IMO and was smart enough to find ways around the defenses of the likes of UCONN and ND. if he was still around I would predict a much closer game.

I have not read up on the team as of late and IIRC a Mike Kelly is leading this squad. I believe he is from the athletic department but also the basketball director so let's not completely count out this team. score will be higher and we need all our girls to have great shooting nights.
88-64

CB: interesting...had forgotten the Jair was no longer there...heckuva coach...seemed like a good person as well. Don't' know a.t. about Kelly, but surely 'tis a fine name, bay jayzuz.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The former coach was Jim Jabir, who was once HC at Providence.

I look for the Flyers to be grounded while the Huskies take off. :)

85-62. UConn.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

88-64
Sounds like they picked up a really good coach on very short notice - 4 years as an assistant at Dayton working with Jabir and left last year to work with Northwestern which had an surprising Big10 tournament run. Spent two years as head coach after two years as an assistant at Loras College (D3) and left to be an assistances with the Providence Friars. She recruited most of the Dayton players so knows them, and she probably is coaching in a similar style to Jabir at least this year. Was impressed with Jabir from their run in the NCAAs and their game against Uconn - hope his health issues are going well.

Dayton had two WNBA draft pick seniors on that NCAA regional team which is not usual for a mid-major - I doubt they are that talented this year, but I suspect they will be well coached.

Reaction Score
The new coach is Shauna Green, who was an assistant under Joe McKeown (sp?) at Northwestern and had previously been at Dayton

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Through three games, Dayton is averaging 68.3 points per game while holding opponents to 61.0 points each contest. The Flyers are shooting 36.9% from the floor, 32.1% from three-point range, and 60.3% from the free throw line.

UConn is averaging 75.3 points per game and giving up just 63.3 to opponents. The Huskies are out-shooting opposing squads everywhere on the floor including 48.1% from the field and 81.5% from the free throw line.

I'll say:
UCONN - 81
Dayton - 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members