Score prediction thread for Temple | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for Temple

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One must remember, and take into consideration that the success and lofty scores UConn's opponents put up, were not put on on teams that play "UConn" type defense. Few teams score their average when they face UConn. Also when figuring a UConn opponent's final score, we must try and figure out how many minutes the bench players will be on the floor in the 4th quarter, and adjust our final scores accordingly. The bench players may allow the other team to score an additional 8-12 points that the starters would not have. We saw that their last time against ECU. It's not unusual for a team to match UConn basket for basket (or more) after the starters go to the bench.

Reaction Score
I have 86-52 Connecticut of course. With Gabby having another huge game.

Reaction Score
Butler needs to get it going. Too many times I see Butler receive an entry pass in the paint, only to pass it back out without even looking at the basket. Gabby got her 10th assist to complete her triple double last time out when she passed it to Butler in the paint who then pivoted to face the basket, and banked in a nice little 8 footer that she made look real easy.

Butler has a very nice mid-range shot. Seldom does she take a bad shot. She needs to look for it more. Most of the time, when a guard passes the ball to a post player in the paint, they don't want the ball back. Why pass the ball out to a player that's further away from the basket than YOU are? You're 6'5" and you have a real nice touch around the basket, SHOOT THE BALL!!! :confused:

Yes...her hesitation!! My daughter was doing the same thing. (No she's not 6'5). It was driving me crazy!! I finally sat with her and said shoot the damn ball!! You guys aren't going to win if you aren't going to shoot. She's been on a tear ever since!

Nat didn't hesitate last game. Looked pretty agaressive. Hopefully that's the beginning.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Temple has some talent, a lot of quickness, and good coaching. I'm a little worried. They were pesky last year.

But I don't think they have an answer for Gabby or Pheesa.

I think the Huskies will be more awake for a 7 PM game than they were for Saturday's noon start. I look for a strong start and a good overall game. UConn wins by 90-55.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Owls are a protected species under Federal law. Blazing guns not legal. But predatory dogs are okay. Huskies 82 Owls 61.

Great one!

I would these Temple Owls are now on the endangered species list!

Reaction Score
82-56 UCONN on top

Collier 16
KLS 16
Williams 15,
Kia 14
Chong 12
Butler 7
Dangerfield 2

Reaction Score
Temple Pic.png

With 35 minutes to the game, here are the forecasts. There are a few outliers, and I really can't believe Striper is predicting a loss.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
91-42, just like always.

Reaction Score
Post time - window closing - will watch for late comers. Here's the list - with two thinking this is the night UConn travels home on a downer.
upload_2017-2-1_18-59-46.png

Reaction Score
Wife and I at half-time on our game tape. Want to thank HOOPS HOPPY and CT TRAN once again for their invaluable contributions. Team looking great.....got back a great biopsy today and sutures out... banner day here.. Looking forward to a great second half and not planning any post-game thread, knowing that we are in great hands collectively on this thread. Yo....we're a team! Go Huskies.....and our prescient predictors.

Reaction Score
Lots of kudos to pass around - the list below only mentions those only one away from the actual MOV - but still more only two off. By the way, no one hit the exact MOV of 28 points. The details are:
upload_2017-2-1_21-2-58.png

Reaction Score
Winlots is going to have to go to his bag of boneyard goodies to recognize the six so close and then an additional 4 only off by two. For those looking at those closest to the exact UConn scoring of 97, there were two at 95 - eebmg and WiseOne.

Reaction Score
Winlots is going to have to go to his bag of boneyard goodies to recognize the six so close and then an additional 4 only off by two. For those looking at those closest to the exact UConn scoring of 97, there were two at 95 - eebmg and WiseOne.

HOOPS: Oy..... pretty much worn down here, yet elated, with the many medical and physical (snow shoveling) and sports events of the day, including the rewarding national signing day for Penn State's football team; so, will pass for now. If I get a good head of steam tomorrow, will plan to hand out recognitions as you so properly suggest and give my take on who are
the real top guns for the Temple competition according to the consistent emphases/guidelines of the thread. Will do so right on this thread vs. a "Hail to the Victors."
All in all, yet another terrific performance by our intrepid envisioners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom