Score prediction thread for Temple game 2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for Temple game 2

Reaction Score
In our first meeting, we played our best 20 minutes of the year, jumping out to a 52 - 18 halftime lead. We hit 20 of 26 (18 of 21 inside the arc) the Owls limped to the locker room. They regrouped and out-scored us in the 2nd half 52 - 45. I have a hunch that the Owls will be better prepared tonight. Huskies 78 - 65.

Reaction Score
Boat righted but without Kia's floor leadership and defense.

UConn 85 - 68

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
am I mistaken or did you predict that Tulane would beat UConn by 3 points? If so, I hope that this prediction is far less accurate then that one in terms of closeness of score..
Have I ever been wrong?

Reaction Score
Mid-morning, game day. Sitting on 43 participants with 42 liking UConn and one (once again) taking one on our behalf. The average at this point is a score of 79 to 61 with an MOV of 18 - if there's anyone who doesn't feel that averages are the best of the worst and the worst of the best. Will post final update when the window closes at 7 PM EST.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I am through with quantitative analysis for these games. It never seems to work. But I will still be objective and thoughtful in my predictions.

UConn squeaks out a win - 136-8

Reaction Score
If anyone were to end our streak this year, I'd want it to be Tonya and Temple. That being said, I think we regroup, Lou ends her slump and we win going away. 84-62 Huskies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Temple 52
UConn 70
MOV 18

Just curious does Lawlor start?

Yes she does. I'm NOT suggesting that this will be the case Saturday for Lawlor, but last year when Pulido started her "senior day" game (2/27/16 vs Tulane), she played 2 minutes, then was subbed for by Samuelson at the 7:59 mark of the first quarter. (I just reviewed a replay of that game for accuracy).

Reaction Score
UCONN 78 - 58
After last time I'm not even going to attempt to predict anything more for fear I'll jinx them again.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Mid-morning, game day. Sitting on 43 participants with 42 liking UConn and one (once again) taking one on our behalf. The average at this point is a score of 79 to 61 with an MOV of 18 - if there's anyone who doesn't feel that averages are the best of the worst and the worst of the best. Will post final update when the window closes at 7 PM EST.
Someday, hopefully in the far away future, I'll be right.

Reaction Score
So based on recent play, injuries, rotation, etc, this game will likely also be closer than UCONN fans would like. However, I d believe Geno has their attention given that they almost lost the Tulane game. The players would probably say "we have confidence - we never thought we would lose". Ok, that may be the case, but I wonder if they thought an unranked team like Tulane with lots of losses would come within 3 points of us?

At any rate, I think the margin of victory will be in the 15-17 point range.

UCONN 78
Temple 62

ERIC; rolling a pre-game ball your way for INTERESTING RATIONALE behind prediction. Glad you participate in this with your valued contributions.

Reaction Score
Obviously 77 -55, a nice comeback for our gals.

SON: yet another pre-game CONFIDENCE ball headed your way; you are, indeed, a believer and supremely confident in those beliefs. I think you might be the only one who has gotten such a ball.

Reaction Score
Sagarin says 80-57 with a 98% win probability..I've been the voice of doom for most of this season....don't think I've picked UConn to lose but I've projected closer games then most and in every case but the last I've been dead wrong.....so let me get back on the negative Nelly band wagon and say that Temple takes UConn to the wire but looses to the Huskies 75-69......win #102 in a row will be a tough battle...hopefully I will be way off base with this one and UConn cruises!!!!

CHARLIE, CHARLIE, CHARLIE: a "FUN TO READ" ball rollin' your way. Have fun with it. You're true to your good form with the "negative Nelly" tie-in to your Charlie Brown picture.

Reaction Score
Wins ---you are tooooo kind--i was so far off---it was a sin to include me.

However in the Temple game and i feel good about this---
I think Temple shall play Uconn Close and hard and try to repeat the offense and defense that was successful by Tulane. Temple has the personnel to replicate that effort.
Score--67 Uconn 58 Temple

BROADWAY: hey, them's the rules and you landed in the top very few. Plus, your a consistent participant in this, always interesting, and a good man as well. Stay wel,

Reaction Score
Uconn 69 , Owls 60 , i hope its not that close, i had to pop extra heart meds last game!

MAN: didn't pop anything not pour-able, but if you're saying you fare better in the bigger wins, I'm all with you on that. I don't need more suspense in my life - can thoroughly enjoy the blowouts.

Reaction Score
The 3 amigoettes won't let Uconn lose but i think that the league has some solace in that Uconn is a lesser juggernaut than in their previous encounters.It is (right now),time to put those thoughts to rest with an overwhelming whoopin'on the Temple owls and whooo-m ever dares to doubt the tenacity and firepower of this version of fowl-stomping sleddogettes will soon have their realizations gob-smacked back to reality.Order needs to be quickly restored.
85-67 Uconn

PAC44: an interesting and smile producing addition to this. Gonna roll a beach ball your way, in case you live on on the Left Coast.

Reaction Score
Kia is not playing. Temple has good, quick guards so I expect that will translate into a higher score for Temple than the previous outing, even if it is an away game for them. We will need more balanced scoring to keep the Temple defense honest.

With what I expect will be better offensive flow than Saturday, UConn should increase their shooting percentage into the 40% plus range from the field and into the 70% plus range from the charity stripe. This is based on statistical performance for the year to date. They survived the storm on Saturday when they could have folded, so that should build some confidence. Making foul shots in the fourth quarter will be very important.

I suspect this game will not be a 20+ point cake walk, though. Good guys 77, the feathered ones 65.

OZ: yet another pre-game INTERESTING ball your way. Good stuff as always.

Reaction Score
Would like to acknowledge the other good stuff on here, but company due for supper and the game. Please know your contributions are valued. And, as always, good luck and/or wisdom as you hone your laudatory craft.

Reaction Score
BROADWAY: hey, them's the rules and you landed in the top very few. Plus, your a consistent participant in this, always interesting, and a good man as well. Stay wel,
Thanks for the nice words---There are some who would disagree with the last 2 phrases.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom