Score prediction thread for Temple game 2 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for Temple game 2

Reaction Score
Setting this up the "traditional" two days ahead of "game day" as we prepare to go up against the Temple OWLS in their cherry and white. Can still picture the old rather ratty mascot "Owl" flapping his "wings" thru the blue smoke around the Palestra floor down in Philly some 70 or more years ago when Temple would play in the famous double-headers of the time. Back then, just one admission for the two games....just like pro baseball Sunday double-headers used to be charged. Two for the price of one. Remember those? Fun.

Looks like the Owls are flying high and this might make it a tough call for our fearless forecasters. As always, who wins it, by what margin of victory, and as a tie-breaker if needed, what is your take on the exact score?

WANT TO ADD MY APOLOGIES HERE FOR POSTING THE WRONG WINNER OF THE TULANE PREDICTION COMPETITION: IN CASE YOU DIDN'T SEE THE LATE ADDITIONs TO THAT THREAD, THE ACTUAL WINNER WAS CHARLIEBALL, WITH ROCKYMT AND BROADWAY VA RIGHT ON HIS HEELS. Tulane prediction thread explains. Good luck and/or wisdom to all re Temple predictions.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So based on recent play, injuries, rotation, etc, this game will likely also be closer than UCONN fans would like. However, I d believe Geno has their attention given that they almost lost the Tulane game. The players would probably say "we have confidence - we never thought we would lose". Ok, that may be the case, but I wonder if they thought an unranked team like Tulane with lots of losses would come within 3 points of us?

At any rate, I think the margin of victory will be in the 15-17 point range.

UCONN 78
Temple 62

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I don't think it will be another squeaker. UCONN got a wake up call in the Tulane game and will come out with guns blazing. UCONN by 20+.

Reaction Score
Sagarin says 80-57 with a 98% win probability............I've been the voice of doom for most of this season..............don't think I've picked UConn to lose but I've projected closer games then most and in every case but the last I've been dead wrong..........so let me get back on the negative Nelly band wagon and say that Temple takes UConn to the wire but looses to the Huskies 75-69...........win #102 in a row will be a tough battle.............hopefully I will be way off base with this one and UConn cruises!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sagarin says 80-57 with a 98% win probability..I've been the voice of doom for most of this season....don't think I've picked UConn to lose but I've projected closer games then most and in every case but the last I've been dead wrong.....so let me get back on the negative Nelly band wagon and say that Temple takes UConn to the wire but looses to the Huskies 75-69......win #102 in a row will be a tough battle...hopefully I will be way off base with this one and UConn cruises!!!!

Massey is gives a similar prediction - 83-55 with a 99% win probability for UConn.

Temple (21-5/11-2) is having more success right now than Tulane (16-11/7-7) team that took UConn to the wire Saturday. No doubt Temple coaches and players have seen that game, and will try to employ some of the things Tulane did to disrupt the Huskies' game plan, and effectiveness.It will interesting to see if Temple is able to keep it close, or if UConn got a wake up call, and returns to form.

UConn 66 - Temple 53

Reaction Score
Setting this up the "traditional" two days ahead of "game day" as we prepare to go up against the Temple OWLS in their cherry and white. Can still picture the old rather ratty mascot "Owl" flapping his "wings" thru the blue smoke around the Palestra floor down in Philly some 70 or more years ago when Temple would play in the famous double-headers of the time. Back then, just one admission for the two games....just like pro baseball Sunday double-headers used to be charged. Two for the price of one. Remember those? Fun.

Looks like the Owls are flying high and this might make it a tough call for our fearless forecasters. As always, who wins it, by what margin of victory, and as a tie-breaker if needed, what is your take on the exact score?

WANT TO ADD MY APOLOGIES HERE FOR POSTING THE WRONG WINNER OF THE TULANE PREDICTION COMPETITION: IN CASE YOU DIDN'T SEE THE LATE ADDITIONs TO THAT THREAD, THE ACTUAL WINNER WAS CHARLIEBALL, WITH ROCKYMT AND BROADWAY VA RIGHT ON HIS HEELS. Tulane prediction thread explains. Good luck and/or wisdom to all re Temple predictions.
Wins ---you are tooooo kind--i was so far off---it was a sin to include me.

However in the Temple game and i feel good about this---
I think Temple shall play Uconn Close and hard and try to repeat the offense and defense that was successful by Tulane. Temple has the personnel to replicate that effort.
Score--67 Uconn 58 Temple

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Sagarin says 80-57 with a 98% win probability..I've been the voice of doom for most of this season....don't think I've picked UConn to lose but I've projected closer games then most and in every case but the last I've been dead wrong.....so let me get back on the negative Nelly band wagon and say that Temple takes UConn to the wire but looses to the Huskies 75-69......win #102 in a row will be a tough battle...hopefully I will be way off base with this one and UConn cruises!!!!

Well, seems as if many fans are gun shy. My thinking is that the players not so much.

Reaction Score
So much for the 40+Mov's. UConn 85-62 Natalie learns she is 6'5" and plays that way

Reaction Score
So much for the 40+Mov's. UConn 85-62 Natalie learns she is 6'5" and plays that way

Reaction Score
Opposing teams now have a blueprint, and we're facing a better team this time than Tulane. Temple is playing well and confidently.

I think the margin is less heart-attack-inducing (playing at home helps), but offense continues to be a concern.

UConn 74-58 Temple

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The BY predictions have really changed. I am also concerned but hopeful that we see significant improvement. I think Temple guards will really cause havoc so I see a relatively high scoring game but I think our three point game gets back on track. UConn 82 Temple 64

Reaction Score
The 3 amigoettes won't let Uconn lose but i think that the league has some solace in that Uconn is a lesser juggernaut than in their previous encounters.It is (right now),time to put those thoughts to rest with an overwhelming whoopin'on the Temple owls and whooo-m ever dares to doubt the tenacity and firepower of this version of fowl-stomping sleddogettes will soon have their realizations gob-smacked back to reality.Order needs to be quickly restored.
85-67 Uconn

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I don't think it will be another squeaker. UCONN got a wake up call in the Tulane game and will come out with guns blazing. UCONN by 20+.

Agreed, I would not want to be Temple after what Gino's going to put the ladies through after Tulane.

Reaction Score
Kia is not playing. Temple has good, quick guards so I expect that will translate into a higher score for Temple than the previous outing, even if it is an away game for them. We will need more balanced scoring to keep the Temple defense honest.

With what I expect will be better offensive flow than Saturday, UConn should increase their shooting percentage into the 40% plus range from the field and into the 70% plus range from the charity stripe. This is based on statistical performance for the year to date. They survived the storm on Saturday when they could have folded, so that should build some confidence. Making foul shots in the fourth quarter will be very important.

I suspect this game will not be a 20+ point cake walk, though. Good guys 77, the feathered ones 65.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom