Score prediction thread for SMU | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for SMU

Reaction Score
It's the Mustangs turn to come up our way; hard for weather to deter the herd. Always one of my favorite team nicknames all the way back to childhood because of the images elicited, the Mustangs surprisingly feature Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as their team colors.

SMU had some extraordinary backs in the old days. Two of the best also had solid SW style first names: Kyle Rote and Doak Walker, each of whom starred back around WWII, with at least one having his career interrupted to serve. One of them had a brother killed on Iwo Jima....not sure which was which. In those days, we were truly one nation, and virtually everyone pitched in for the common good, in whatever way they could during WWII. Many sacrifices.....and much pride.

As always: who wins it, by what margin of victory, and if needed to break a tie,, what will the actual score be?
Good luck and/or much wisdom.

Reaction Score
92 - 42 MOV 50 UConn wins #99 in a row! Everyone scores and Lou goes 5 /7 from 3.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Agent 99 calling in pick for win 99:

get_smart-tv.jpg

Tempted to go with 99 points for UConn, but Geno takes out starters earlier than usual.

UConn 90, SMU 45.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Massey sez.....UConn (23-0) 88 - SMU (13-10) 38 with a 100% chance of UConn winning.

The envelope says.........................UConn 91 - SMU 41 MOV= 50

Reaction Score
UConn 101 - 46 . Mustang in the wrong place at the wrong time. Recall insured for Mustangs to fix fast break leak.

Reaction Score
UConn has been pretty consistent with scoring in the mid 90's recently and holding opponents to around 50. The game is at 2pm so the early game sluggish start should not be a problem. Starters will be pulled around the end of the third quarter, early fourth quarter in consideration of the Monday game against South Carolina.

The bench continues to improve.

UConn wins 95 to 48 for a MOV of 47 points.

Reaction Score
It's the Mustangs turn to come up our way; hard for weather to deter the herd. Always one of my favorite team nicknames all the way back to childhood because of the images elicited, the Mustangs surprisingly feature Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as their team colors.

SMU had some extraordinary backs in the old days. Two of the best also had solid SW style first names: Kyle Rote and Doak Walker, each of whom starred back around WWII, with at least one having his career interrupted to serve. One of them had a brother killed on Iwo Jima...not sure which was which. In those days, we were truly one nation, and virtually everyone pitched in for the common good, in whatever way they could during WWII. Many sacrifices....and much pride.

As always: who wins it, by what margin of victory, and if needed to break a tie,, what will the actual score be?
Good luck and/or much wisdom.

Kyle and Doak---I could not have found SMU on a map with a seeing eye dog--but I knew Kyle, Doak and SMU --as a heretic Catholic--I followed that Southern Methodist University in football. I followed them religiously (pun intended) on WFSB TV and Sat Channel 1001.2b Mickey O'Rourke did the commercials. (Mayo??)
Thanks Winslot for the History lesson.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
91-50. KLS goes wild 7-10 from 3pt Crystal Dangerfield has a strong game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
SMU's size will limit the Huskies scoring slightly. UConn wins 88-52.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom