Score prediction thread for Memphis | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for Memphis

Reaction Score
There are some pluses and minuses about all this - kind of like life itself: Our next opponent was once known as West Tennessee Normal School, so that would be a good thing. Next, like most colleges, they (now known as Memphis) brought in a patsy for their first exhibition game this season - an intrastate rival known as Lee Univ. Probably a good thing again. Gotta tell ya though that Lee is one Univ of which I never heard. BUT Lee took Memphis down - can't be a good thing there - let's call it an inauspicious start to the new season. Shortly thereafter, they fell to Samford (not one of my typos, and NOT Stanford), so that can't be good; but they bounced back a bit later a beat Illinois - the real Illinois. Gotta be a good thing. All in all, a season of pluses and minuses - ups and downs.

Memphis is only scheduled once for us this regular season, coming to town in two days, thus time for this thread already. The Tigers sport unusual colors for tigers - blue and gray. Maybe they didn't have a mascot way back when they were the Normal School. Without further ado: as usual, who wins it, by what margin of victory, and as a tie-breaker if it should be needed, what do you see as the exact score? And good luck/wisdom to our bold competitors. Pulling for a bit of a rebound from last go-round, folks.

Reaction Score
No deep analysis this time. Just my WAG.;)

Huskies 98, Tigers 45.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Memphis is only scheduled once for us this regular season, coming to town in two days, thus time for this thread already. The Tigers sport unusual colors for tigers - blue and gray. Maybe they didn't have a mascot way back when they were the Normal School. Without further ado: as usual, who wins it, by what margin of victory, and as a tie-breaker if it should be needed, what do you see as the exact score? And good luck/wisdom to our bold competitors. Pulling for a bit of a rebound from last go-round, folks.
Yea, I guess they started out as the Blue and Grays. Then eventually they figured out they "fought like Tigers", and that stuck.

Reaction Score
UConn hits the century mark and hold Memphis to 40ish,,,, 100 - 45 MOV55

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Since it is the last regular season game, I am going to be more reasonable. Maybe I can win one of these.

UConn 139 Memphis 12

Reaction Score
Hope they don't "over look" these guys. Good chance for a tune up heading to season finale and the Tournaments.
I'm thinking UCONN 93, Memphis 45. Phessa hits for 25, Lou drains 4 or 5 from 3, Gabby is a beast on the boards, and Danger matures in playing the point.

Reaction Score
UConn 106 - 48. Memphis in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
UConn 98
Memphis 47

T-Law bags 5 threes, and Molly scores 20 and blocks 4 shots. Oh, wait. That's absurd. So, Molly blocks 5 shots. There. All done.

Reaction Score
Everyone has Uconn scoring 90+. Amazing what bringing the Uconn offense out of the witness protection program when they played Temple can do for people's perception going forward. I too will join in the Uconn's omnipotent again fervor by predicting a 100-49 score in favor of one of the 2017 final four teams. A decent swag and you can figure which team this will be.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Huskies and Tigers:

Both are mammals.
Both are carnivorous.
Both have tails.

But in WCBB, they are on different planets. Canines pounce on the felines 103 - 54.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The hunt is on and the Memphis tiger will be another trophy on the wall.

UConn 98 Memphis 46.

And for the season finally, like billinnaples, we will be in Tampa enjoying the game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hope they don't "over look" these guys. Good chance for a tune up heading to season finale and the Tournaments.
I'm thinking UCONN 93, Memphis 45. Phessa hits for 25, Lou drains 4 or 5 from 3, Gabby is a beast on the boards, and Danger matures in playing the point.

I mentioned in another post that if there was a "trap game" on UConn's schedule (before USF), this was it. Fear not. It's senior day Saturday. UConn wins!!!If you're an opponent, that last day you want to play UConn is on Senior Day!!

This one has all the earmarks of becoming ugly real quick. They're having trouble scoring, and we're still trying to work some things out.

The ghosts from that Tulane game Saturday didn't make the trip back to Storrs, they were stopped at the loading gate. So, it's pedal to the metal. The UConn Huskies we've been watching all season returns and blows out the Tigers 95- 35. The bench get lots of playing time, and everybody goes home happy. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lawlor buries a 3 to start the game and the Huskies never look back. Final score 88-42 (46 pt mov)

Reaction Score
They beat Tulane by 3 in NO...I guess that makes us even...but wait, Chong hits a three at the buzzer and is unanimous choose for badass!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Sigh of relief after the Temple game, everything gonna be alright....

Huskies 101, Tigers 48.

tiger.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom