Score prediction thread for Houston | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for Houston

Reaction Score
I'm off to a gymnastics meet (granddaughter, not me) but will update with any additional inputs prior to 12:05 PM. One guarantee on where I'll be, no one will score higher than 10 points.

upload_2017-1-28_11-37-27.png

Reaction Score
Cougars are red,
Huskies are blue,
Houston goes down
88-42

GMONEY: really adding to your game here, G - always a solid predictor, you've now joined the ranks of those awarded a pre-game POET LAUREATE ball.. If your post here ain't poetry, what is???

Reaction Score
View attachment 19148

With less than an hour to go, here are the forecasts. I included Massey in here so we can see how well the Boneyard does against the computer.

CT: Nifty presentation...and nice addition of the Massey. Much appreciated by all I'm sure as is the data from HOOPS HOPPY.

Reaction Score
Know I misssed some good stuff, but no more time. ALso, wife and I will not be able to see our game tape until much later today, so any post-game "Hail to the Victor" thread about our winners will be very late....and perhaps not even useful/needed depending upon what else gets posted post-game in this thread. Good luck to all our prescient predictors.....you're on a hot streak.

Reaction Score
UCONN 106, Houston 58

KLS - 23
Naphessa Collier - 19
Kia Nurse - 18
Saniya Chong - 12
Gabby Williams - 12
Natalie Butler - 8
Kyla Irwin - 6
Molly Bent - 6
Tierney Lawlor - 2

Reaction Score
Real close finish with a number of players within a few points of the actual MOV (49) - but no one hit it exactly. The closest are:
upload_2017-1-28_14-10-18.png

And, with the closest UConn points to the actual, Title Town (aptly named) takes the title.

Reaction Score
Houston Winners.png

Here are the top forecasts based on mathematical accuracy. 12 out of 39 forecasts were more accurate than Massey's. Carnac and Gmoney were three points away.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac was good with the Houston score and was almost the win... until I saw tonehill68's prediction.

Tone, you da man!
View attachment 19172

At least 4 "point blank" layups were missed by our girls (2 by Collier, & 1 by Lou & Bent). If just one of them had made the lay up, I'd be taking my bows now. :( Congratulations, and happy birthday Mr. Tone. A tip o' the turban to you sir. :) Bows aside, I'm happy we won, and a nod to those posters that were close. Those 12:00 pm games don't seem to agree with our girls.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not finished our tape yet, but have seen enuf so far to know that we'll win (wife not seen any yet); and I was eager to see which folks were our top dogs re the predictions. Wow....a lot of data here....good stuff. And apparent divergence of opinion as to who those top dogs are. When time permits, I'll look all the data over and weigh in with another viewpoint. One certainty: yet another very fine performance by our fearless forecasters. (WEST COAST PUP....you are often helpful with provision of data....if you see this, anything to add, even if just a point of view on the outcome?)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
At least 4 "point blank" layups were missed by our girls (2 by Collier, & 1 by Lou & Bent). If just one of them had made the lay up, I'd be taking my bows now. :( Congratulations, and happy birthday Mr. Tone. A tip o' the turban to you sir. :) Bows aside, I'm happy we won, and a nod to those posters that were close. Those 12:00 pm games don't seem to agree with our girls.
didnt Geno mention missed lay-ups... who wants to watch that, wow the mojo definitely bit him.

HBD ToneHill... you da man!

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
Watching the game, the offense was a bit sloppy at times, but the defense was pretty stout. Between the first quarter sluggishness and all the missed bunnies, it surprising we still won be ~ 50 pts. I remember Geno saying they focus initially on offense, as there are so many moving parts and fold in defense as the season progresses. I could really see that on display w/ Houston. Not a game I'd go back a re-watch per se, but a win nonetheless. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Just a bit ago, got some final data from HOOPS HOPPY to digest along with his earlier partial data and the date from CT TRANSPLANT. Will post findings soon under s.t. like "HAIL to the VICTOR" - Houston predictions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom