Score prediction thread for East Carolina | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for East Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. A score prediction thread has been done in past years.
2. Though I had never participated in the thread, other than to express admiration for those of you who do such an impressive job of forecasting results, I had always enjoyed the thread; when no one posted it this season, I stepped into the breach.
3. Clearly, there are lots of ways to construct such a competition. I've chosen: "Who wins it.....by what margin.....score as a tie breaker." Other ways are just as good or better. This way seemed simple enough and clear enough to me and didn't require any advanced math, nearly all of which I've forgotten!
4. My wife and I are overwhelmed on many fronts. I've asked on here a time or two for someone else to volunteer to take ownership of the thread, as it is clear to me that I cannot give it the time if takes to do a really good job for you; as a case in point, I wasn't able to see my game tape of UCF until late last night, and my wife hasn't seen it yet at all. So far, no takers for the role.
5. I'm OK with sticking with it if you wish, understanding that I can't always be on top of announcing final results, but I'm also OK with turning it over to someone else. I DO think it would be fun for someone to keep an ongoing tally of the top predictors so that we can have some listing of the top predictors for the entire season; thus far, I have not had the time to pull that together, and I've asked for others to provide that help.
6. For now re East Carolina: "Who wins it....by what margin....score as a tie-breaker."

Reaction Score
I think the Huskies will continue their winning streak. They will probably put up 90 points. Now East Carolina has a veteran team playing with many seniors. So with their experience I will say they get 50 points.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
In honor of what we all hope and pray will be Win #89 in a row, I'll take 89-65 Huskies.

UConn will prove they're great, devine/and will steer the Huskies to 89!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Back home in the XL center, against a team that will not match up well with the Huskies, UConn will clean up the turnover problem from the UCF game and hit triple digits for the 1st time this season:

UConn 102 - ECU 46

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think the score will be similar to the UCF game - UCONN will build up a big lead methodically, and then the scoring will peter out in the 4th quarter. Starters will get tired, subs won't score much, and it will also give ECU a chance to close the gap a bit, if they take advantage... Also ECU scored only 45 against Tulane in their most recent game/loss. I somehow think our defense is better... ;)

UCONN 86
ECU 38

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
88-45 Huskies over the Pirates

ARRRGGGGH!

cupcake.jpg

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
UConn= A lot of points.
ECU= Not a lot of points.
Heather Macy= Technical foul.

I mean that's basically about how it's gone every time out.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
These visiting pirates will walk the plank -

UConn 88 ECU 49.

Reaction Score
Before giving my projection;

1. You are doing and have been doing a great job.
2. This is an exercise in FUN and for that we thank you
3. When or if you announce the Winner is arbitrary--feel no pressure in that announcement
The winner really doesn't have bragging rights---it just Fun..
I join in all those who say Thank you for this entertainment..

92--77 uconn. Dangerfield shall score 20 Natalie shall score 12 Molly 4 Kyla will have 4 rebounds
Kate Lou will have 25 in the first half. I can't keep track of the point and rebounds for Gabby, Collier, Chong. Kia will be named the Bad-donkey (Biblical name) of the game--for obvious reasons--she is!!

Reaction Score
81 to 48. UConn will be outscored in the 4th quarter and get little offensive production with the substitutes.

Reaction Score
Since the farther off my prediction is the better the Huskies play, I will say that KLS is slightly bothered by an ingrown toenail, Gabby is distracted by the visage of Wayne Newton sitting behind the basket and Kia is very concerned about Canadian foreign policy...........this perfect storm of indifference leads to a 84-61 victory for the much distracted UConn ballers...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom