Score prediction thread for East Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
UConn 89
ECU 55

Subs play and show well. Gabby does amazing things. Dangermouse finds her stroke, and Phee will be Phee. T-Law scores, as does Kyla.

Reaction Score
Have a spreadsheet with prognostications to date. Now if someone can tell me how I can get a nicely columned extract here, I would be in business and happy to do this for all future games.

Notes - some didn't indicate who they thought would be the winning team - but this is The Boneyard so I assumed for this game it is unanimously UConn. Then Gus Mahler hedged his bet, giving scores but with a MOV different than score differential. Question - since first tie breaker (after picking winner) is MOV, should we use 35 points or 45 points - what say you, Gus? Finally, since rvwsleep picked a winning team and only the winning teams score, there's no question who the winner is if the MOV is above 78 points.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not true. The Mojo gods have been appeased since the very beginning of the season. Please consult the score prediction thread for each game and within you will find a prediction which thoroughly appeases the Mojo gods.

Geez, I wasn't even gonna bother, but with DiMauro trying to screw us...well...here you go.

Unfortunately this looks like the one. Geno jumps ship to take that Assistant job with the Spurs and CD retires. The team is bereft. And with KLS and Williams suspended for one game after stealing a couple of the Men's team's laptops (they still keep their schollies, I mean it's not like they flipped the bird or something.), this is all too much for the team to deal with.

Them scurvy dogs pull off a miracle. 71-67.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
East Carolina is a step down from UCF. Back Home. More playing time for the bench. Most dominant score of the season. UCONN 101-44

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geez, I wasn't even gonna bother, but with DiMauro trying to screw us...well...here you go.

Unfortunately this looks like the one. Geno jumps ship to take that Assistant job with the Spurs and CD retires. The team is bereft. And with KLS and Williams suspended for one game after stealing a couple of the Men's team's laptops (they still keep their schollies, I mean it's not like they flipped the bird or something.), this is all too much for the team to deal with.

LM(skinny ole)AO! We are Mojo proofed now.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-4_10-55-19.png

Above is the well-known Wizard of Oz, our prognosticator of the week. This is, of course, the fictional wizard; the REAL wizard was an obscure actor named “Frank Morgan” (the real-life beau of Margaret Hamilton). He has also been identified as “Nuestra Zorro” (Our Zorro=OZ, the Poet Lariat). But the real question is: what has this Wizard to say about the Pirates of east Carolina? Are they fearsome pirates or ersatz pirates? (Do they look like Geena Davis?) Not surprisingly, the Wizard preferred to respond in poetry:

“Nothin' could be finah
Than to whup East Carolina
On our home court.

What could be more nifty
Than to win by more than 50
On our home court?”

Right again! Massey says “55.”

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Above is the well-known Wizard of Oz, our prognosticator of the week. This is, of course, the fictional wizard; the REAL wizard was an obscure actor named “Frank Morgan” (the real-life beau of Margaret Hamilton). He has also been identified as “Nuestra Zorro” (Our Zorro=OZ, the Poet Lariat). But the real question is: what has this Wizard to say about the Pirates of east Carolina? Are they fearsome pirates or ersatz pirates? (Do they look like Geena Davis?) Not surprisingly, the Wizard preferred to respond in poetry:

“Nothin' could be finah
On our home court.

What could be more nifty
On our home court?”

Real life Wizard of Oz

vinatge-ozzie.jpg

Reaction Score
Before giving my projection;

1. You are doing and have been doing a great job.
2. This is an exercise in FUN and for that we thank you
3. When or if you announce the Winner is arbitrary--feel no pressure in that announcement
The winner really doesn't have bragging rights---it just Fun..
I join in all those who say Thank you for this entertainment..

92--77 uconn. Dangerfield shall score 20 Natalie shall score 12 Molly 4 Kyla will have 4 rebounds
Kate Lou will have 25 in the first half. I can't keep track of the point and rebounds for Gabby, Collier, Chong. Kia will be named the Bad-donkey (Biblical name) of the game--for obvious reasons--she is!!

BVA: very kind of you, Sir. I do understand the fun part, and that is certainly an important part of the thread. But I can't agree with you on the announcement of the winners and such; that is an area which is, in my view, and important part of the thread, and there are a number of times when we don't see our game tape until well after the game is over...not good.

You are surely the best in the Yard at going on on a limb! Always get a kick out of your detailed predictions. Stay well.

Reaction Score
Since the farther off my prediction is the better the Huskies play, I will say that KLS is slightly bothered by an ingrown toenail, Gabby is distracted by the visage of Wayne Newton sitting behind the basket and Kia is very concerned about Canadian foreign policy......this perfect storm of indifference leads to a 84-61 victory for the much distracted UConn ballers.....

CHARL: you continue to get a big share of the pregame HUMOR BALLS. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Red are the roses,
Blue are the violets,
Lou and the Huskies
Will eviscerate the Pirates

35 MOV
87-42 Uconn

GUS: yet another pregame BARD BALL, but I hear you have some competition on that front this time around.

Reaction Score
UConn 96 -41 Danger with her first 20 pt game, 7 assists, 1 turnover. Butler in double figures, 8 rebounds.

NEW C: you are starting to sound a bit like BROADWAY VA with your specificity. Interesting calls - thanks.

Reaction Score
Have a spreadsheet with prognostications to date. Now if someone can tell me how I can get a nicely columned extract here, I would be in business and happy to do this for all future games.

Notes - some didn't indicate who they thought would be the winning team - but this is The Boneyard so I assumed for this game it is unanimously UConn. Then Gus Mahler hedged his bet, giving scores but with a MOV different than score differential. Question - since first tie breaker (after picking winner) is MOV, should we use 35 points or 45 points - what say you, Gus? Finally, since rvwsleep picked a winning team and only the winning teams score, there's no question who the winner is if the MOV is above 78 points.

HOOPS: this sounds great. CT TRANSPLANT was doing s.t. like this with the Margins of Victory, and it was VERY helpful. Reached a point, though, where he was going to have to be off duty for awhile....not sure when he will be able to pitch in again. On the technical stuff about the columned extrat, I can't be of help. Hope you'll keep your thoughts coming....and I might be able soon to announce another volunteer who might be a big help. Thanks for your involvement.

Reaction Score

MEYERS: Oy....almost a pregame HUMOR BALL....but, knowing you a bit, the odds are that you are serious about your calls.

Reaction Score
BVA: very kind of you, Sir. I do understand the fun part, and that is certainly an important part of the thread. But I can't agree with you on the announcement of the winners and such; that is an area which is, in my view, and important part of the thread, and there are a number of times when we don't see our game tape until well after the game is over...not good.

You are surely the best in the Yard at going on on a limb! Always get a kick out of your detailed predictions. Stay well.
In terms of knowing how accurate my prediction was--is just personal to me--I spoke for me--I just enjoy the process--and the numbers other poster put on the score.
I can only bow to your excellence and knowledge of the Thread--in that the Winner is an important part of the thread.
I agree that it isn't good --to miss the live game--but again putting my personal spin on it--it wouldn't bother me to know whether I won or loss--it's the process and enjoying it with other Byer's .
I believe I actually won the Baylor match score (and I still haven't looked)---except for other posters saying something I still wouldn't know. But I enjoyed the process and joining in with the group.. So many of my 'predictions--and game facts are based on NONSEnSE and pure fun of being in the game..

Being happy is an mental exercise---and about not taking negative views of the world around us. Only you can make you happy I've been told.

Reaction Score

“Nothin' could be finah
On our home court.

What could be more nifty
On our home court?”

HUSKY D: ahhhh, there is that rumored competition for GUS re the pre'game BARD BALL....great job....certainly room for a second BARD BALL>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom