Score one for SNY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score one for SNY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow - a UConn wbb fan alive and living in Nashville, Tennessee! How cool is that?
Wonkster, It is cool. I am looking forward to the final four, being played in Nashville, Tn. in 2014, and we know Uconn will be there, or HERE

Reaction Score
There's another choice, too. You can pay the 60 bucks -- not a huge price for 20 or so games -- and then you complain if, like us, you are fighting to be able to see the full screen and have jerky reception which makes it looks like watching the game through a series of still photos. And we have the highest-powered internet system available from our provider and our computer supposedly has plenty of memory, according to SNY's minimum specs.
Change over to Direct TV, and you can pick up SNY, anyplace in the country..............

Reaction Score
DIRECT TV, is your answer. Drop your over-priced cable company, like I did and get SNY on Direct TV.

Reaction Score
Well here I go back on my soapbox. All these folks all over the country (including my own sister in KY) who can now watch the UCONN Womens games but those of us who live near by (I'm in Western MA) who have followed this team for 10+ years and now because my cable company does not carry SNY I am no longer able to watch this team on TV anyway and I refuse to pay those bas**ds any money to watch it on my computer. I shouldn't have to! I couldn't be more frustrated by this change from CPTV to SNY. Worst decision ever!!!
DIRECT TV, drop your cable company and go to Direct TV, and you can watch games on SNY. This was a great move for Uconn. If you are a Uconn fan, like I am, you will do what you have to in order to see the games. For years I paid CPTV to follow on net streaming, and it was terrible. So, SNY,,,,,,,,,,,,,YESSSS

Reaction Score
DIRECT TV, drop your cable company and go to Direct TV, and you can watch games on SNY. This was a great move for Uconn. If you are a Uconn fan, like I am, you will do what you have to in order to see the games. For years I paid CPTV to follow on net streaming, and it was terrible. So, SNY,,,,,,,,,,,,,YESSSS
Well said, herbiep, with one exception I know of. Some condominium communities forbid microwave dishes or exterior antennas of any sort, leaving their residents prey to the likes of Cablevision, Cox, Warner and the rest of the cable banditos.

Your commission check from DIRECTV should arrive in 10 days or so. ;)

Reaction Score
I suppose I could stomach switching from Dish to Direct, despite Direct's obnoxious salespeople. But we don't really watch TV except for basketball in season, and I am assuming I would have to pay up to some relatively high level of service and then add the all-sports package. Seems awfully expensive.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Well said, herbiep, with one exception I know of. Some condominium communities forbid microwave dishes or exterior antennas of any sort, leaving their residents prey to the likes of Cablevision, Cox, Warner and the rest of the cable banditos.

Actually, Wonk its the sports programmers that are the banditos.....they charge the cable companies extremely high transmission fess per subscriber. The majority of programming fees that the cable company pay are to sports programmers.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is my understanding that ESPN makes money off of every sporting event on TV through the transmission contracts they hold. At some point purportedly every sporting event passes through their portal.

Reaction Score
Actually, Wonk its the sports programmers that are the banditos.....they charge the cable companies extremely high transmission fess per subscriber. The majority of programming fees that the cable company pay are to sports programmers.
I'm aware of that, but it's so much easier to point an accusatory finger at the entity that the customer deals directly with, right? :D

Reaction Score

Ah, but, that is not so. FCC rules, that you can put up a dish to receive TV signal. I live in a condominium, and they have a rule, NO DISH. However, we have probably 15 people that have the Direct TV dish. Just look up the FCC rule on line and recite it to them, and they will not give you a problem. Good old American Freedom. My payment from selling Direct TV, is satisfaction, that the cable companies can't hold you hostage.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I suppose I could stomach switching from Dish to Direct, despite Direct's obnoxious salespeople. But we don't really watch TV except for basketball in season, and I am assuming I would have to pay up to some relatively high level of service and then add the all-sports package. Seems awfully expensive.
Just FYI - you can add the sports package to any level of service so you don't have to do anything beyond the lowest availabe contract. And the sports pack is usually around $10 per month and can be turned on and off on a monthly basis so you don't need to do a full year - just the BB season - ends up being the same cost as streaming for much better quality.

Reaction Score
Ah, but, that is not so. FCC rules, that you can put up a dish to receive TV signal. I live in a condominium, and they have a rule, NO DISH. However, we have probably 15 people that have the Direct TV dish. Just look up the FCC rule on line and recite it to them, and they will not give you a problem. Good old American Freedom. My payment from selling Direct TV, is satisfaction, that the cable companies can't hold you hostage.
That's a great bluff. Sort of like in Brazil , when Jonathan Pryce asks Bob Hoskins "Do you have Form 27B-stroke-6?"

I'm not a lawyer (how is that possible today?), but I remember learning that the right to have an antenna on a building accrues to the owner, which, at the very least, does not cover renters. Of course, things may have changed since I read about it.

"Just look up the FCC rule..." Sorry, but I'm not going to make your case for you. You look up the FCC rule.

Is there an FCC Regulations lawyer in the house? ;)

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score

"The rule applies to individuals who place antennas that meet size limitations on property that they own or rent and that is within their exclusive use or control, including condominium owners and cooperative owners, and tenants who have an area where they have exclusive use, such as a balcony or patio, in which to install the antenna. The rule applies to townhomes and manufactured homes, as well as to single family homes."

If they do not have a "private" area such as a patio or balcony, then they can not install a dish. The outside of the building where there is no patio or balcony is considered a Common Area and therefore falls under the control of the board of directors of the Condo Association.....

Reaction Score
"The rule applies to individuals who place antennas that meet size limitations on property that they own or rent and that is within their exclusive use or control, including condominium owners and cooperative owners, and tenants who have an area where they have exclusive use, such as a balcony or patio, in which to install the antenna. The rule applies to townhomes and manufactured homes, as well as to single family homes."

If they do not have a "private" area such as a patio or balcony, then they can not install a dish. The outside of the building where there is no patio or balcony is considered a Common Area and therefore falls under the control of the board of directors of the Condo Association.....
I am only trying to help, I have Direct TV and get SNY in the sports pkg. I am just tired of people whining about CPTV loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom