Scoe @ SMU in 2013? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scoe @ SMU in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
well isn't the PG generally the leader? after all he has the ball in his hands most of the time and generally gets the offense started in a half court set, or even on a fast break if the rebounder is looking for a quick outlet to the best ball handler.

i'm a little surprised that there was dissention - after all, Shabazz got to learn behind an all time great in Kemba, and he was the undisputed leader in the NC year prior. i'm not sure that Lamb would be peeved that Napier was the "leader". i'd guess it had more to do with how Napier did it, which apparently rubbed Jeremy the wrong way.

still a bummer. you hate reading about that stuff, even if it does explain some of the issues we saw on the periphery and in their results...

sorry what i meant was a captain of the team

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
makes a lot of sense.. i do agree that lambs body language was awful and a lot of times i saw Napier and Lamb yelling at each other. Probably had something to do with Napier being put in the leadership position and lamb not
Had to stop here. Do you really think that JL wanted to lead the team this year? Or ever? Dude is FAR too quiet to lead any team. Can you imagine him getting pumped up and lighting a fire under a team like Kemba did last year? I'm trying to, but it's almost kind of funny to picture. Not a knock on him since he's a 2 anyway, but I don't think that any chemistry issues stemmed from Bazz getting the leadership role. Maybe it stemmed from what Bazz did in that role, but I don't think JL was looking to be the actual leader.

edit didn't read the rest of the thread, forget what I said

Reaction Score
At this point I question how good he actually is. Our team wasn't that good last year and he did very little. You could say the guards didn't pass him the ball (they did, often times he couldn't catch it), but dude didn't rebound the whole year.

He clearly has talent or he wouldn't have ever gotten to this level, but goodness he treated the ball as if it was a cactus this year. He also seems (and I don't know the kid a lick) to be a kid that needs positive reinforcement and hasn't found a way to insulate himself from negative commentary from coaches, fans, teammates, etc.

But I almost give him a pass because his father is such a horses arse that to walk around with that burden for the rest of your life seems punishment enough for any misdeeds (perceived or actually) that AO did when he was at UCONN.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
But I almost give him a pass because his father is such a horses arse that to walk around with that burden for the rest of your life seems punishment enough for any misdeeds (perceived or actually) that AO did when he was at UCONN.
Seriously when you look at the things Sr. has said this past season you can't be surprised that AO has the kind of personality that came out this season. He is a product of his upbringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom