Schwan, Laurent, Brodie,Morgan | The Boneyard

Schwan, Laurent, Brodie,Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Levy committing I would have taught that we were out with Laurent and Brodie. Laurent who supposedly has a PSU offer has not yet committed to them. Also as we know Brodie is going to decide tomorrow between us and RU. Even though I did not think we were looking for 2 ( Levy + Brodie or Laurent ), I would be extremely happy to get one of them. Seems like Schwan may be visiting PSU this weekend, put that is not definite. He supposedly does not have a scholarship offer from them, and states he will chose from PSU and us ( per TOS). Morgan is going to chose between us and Syr. It would really be a great end to a recruiting season if we could land a couple of these recruits. Also wondering if there could be a surprise recruit on the horizon.

Reaction Score
With Levy committing I would have taught that we were out with Laurent and Brodie. Laurent who supposedly has a PSU offer has not yet committed to them. Also as we know Brodie is going to decide tomorrow between us and RU. Even though I did not think we were looking for 2 ( Levy + Brodie or Laurent ), I would be extremely happy to get one of them. Seems like Schwan may be visiting PSU this weekend, put that is not definite. He supposedly does not have a scholarship offer from them, and states he will chose from PSU and us ( per TOS). Morgan is going to chose between us and Syr. It would really be a great end to a recruiting season if we could land a couple of these recruits. Also wondering if there could be a surprise recruit on the horizon.

i have to imagine there will be a last minute RB added. it really stinks that we weren't able to take Dobbs.

Reaction Score
i have to imagine there will be a last minute RB added. it really stinks that we weren't able to take Dobbs.
Agree, A RB would be a welcome addition. i still think we need a TE . wondering if JC Shortell is the one.

Reaction Score
All indications and things that I have read, which has been very little, leads me to believe Shortell is the guy. But nothing has been made official. Dez's recent article about the recruiting weekend made it sound as if he was committed.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-i think Shortell is a husky. done deal, just havn't heard it yet
-expecting Brodie to ruty, suprise me though i dare you
-its 60-40 cuse for Morgan but again ^
-Schwan i hold out hope, but a psu or tosu offer and hes gone even with the issues(dreams....)
-we do need a rb. i wouldnt mind looking at that kid Lytton from Torrington or that MA kid JJ something(forget his last name)

Reaction Score
I'll never ever understand how a kid can't figure out that such a late offer from a big time program only means they need a body to fill out their class.

Do they think a school like PSU just heard about them and just love their skills so much they have to have them?

It's a week before signing day for crying out loud. Sounds like the coach is pretty excited one of his kids is getting an offer from the almighty PSU.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Scout is reporting Laurent committed to Penn State.

this board has to start using code lol. the b10 has been all over our recruits and new england this year.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Penn State has poached UConn and Rice recruits away since they can't recruit with big time schools anymore. I am TICKED.

Hope they enjoy going 3-9 every year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
dammit. I don't understand the whole PSU love fest by some of these players when they are at best their back up plans.

Reaction Score
dammit. I don't understand the whole PSU love fest by some of these players when they are at best their back up plans.

Ask Mike Yancich, he has made 13 assisted and unassisted tackles in the last 4 years.

Reaction Score
Just saw a tweet from @ seems as though Penn State is putting the full court press on Morgan. This comes from a statement his coach. gave the NY Daily News.

Reaction Score
Lessons to be had here for UConn football fans. Still remains to be seen who we will still sign for the 2012 class, because by all accounts we have a couple of scholarships still available, but the fact is, and always will be, you won't get every kid that you offer a scholarship to agree to take it.

The other fact, is that if you are not all in, and stepping up to the plate to bat for every top notch kid that fits the profile you want in a student athlete, then you've got absolutely NO chance of signing them.

The other, other fact, is that you establish the profile of the student lathlete you want, by establishing the level of competition that you want to compete at, in any sport, and you get to that level of competition in student athletes that you recruit year in and year out,and this program has lofty goals. Top 25. Regular.

I'm very excited for the class of 2012, and the returning upper classman for the 2012 season. The future is very bright.

Last thing to say, is that it's crystal clear that Penn State is in scavenger mode and scrambling to build a high quality recruiting class out of the rubble that was their 2011 season.

Delicate balance though, in how you do things, because you establish a rep quick in this business, and your reputation, and your word and how you conduct your business is all you got. I'm not quite sure that the way that the new staff is operating at Penn State, is going to be good for that program in the long run.

I think the fact that other programs are beginning to scavenge our recruiting class, swooping in to their homes, the moment they get home from campus, as quickly as less than one full year into a recruiting cycle, speaks volumes as to the reputation that our staff has out there.

Sooner than later, those kids WILL realize that they'll probably get more out a college education and football playing experience by going with the people that actually targeted them early on to be a significant part of the program, rather than getting targeted late in the game by another program that's using all of our legwork to fill out a recruiting class.

You win some, you lose some. THe future of UConn football is very bright.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Heh, I just gotta point out that Carl said "Last thing" and then wrote 4 more paragraphs.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using
Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Heh, I just gotta point out that Carl said "Last thing" and then wrote 4 more paragraphs.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using
Tapatalk

LOL that is pretty funny. Excitement gets the best of us sometimes. I really hope we get some surprises leading up to or on signing day. Would be big for the program.

Reaction Score
Does anybody have access to Lichtenfels article on Schwan on the Scout site. Supposedly discussed both UConn and PSU. If I had a choise right now I would take Schwan over Morgan. I see a bigger need at DE than safety/CB with Lanier and Williams at CB and Obi and Marder at S. Although, it seems pretty likely that Obi may switch to OLB given his size. I am a bit concerned that Morgan doesn't have the size to play safety or the cover skills to play CB. I would rather have CBs like Lanier and Williams who have played CB against strong HS competition as the position is based so much on instinct.

I guess we are hoping for an many PSU commits as possible in the next few days leading up to Schwan's visit and potentially a Morgan visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom