Scholarship #13 - Christian Foxen? | The Boneyard

Scholarship #13 - Christian Foxen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If the point about walk-ons is true, then anything else is moot. Would Ollie really take it away from Amilo though?

Reaction Score
Congrats to him if true. But all I can think about are those watermarks on the back are ELECTRIC. Do they sell the jerseys with that on the back?

Reaction Score
I think KO lets the walk-ons have their names on the jersey if they're on or off scholarship

https://instorrsnow.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/celebration-time/

USF may not have seen Lenehan coming but perhaps the Huskies (19-5, 7-4) did. Wednesday was the first time this season in which Lenehan sported a jersey with his name stitched across the back.

“We got Pat’s name back on his jersey. I like that,” UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. “My mom got on me. She said ‘You have to get the walk-on’s names on their jerseys.’ I made sure we got that done.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3163192/christian-foxen

Read down towards bottom of this article - Rocky Hill:

http://www.hoopville.com/2013/09/12/point-guards-lead-the-way-at-south-kent-on-a-hot-day/

Boys Basketball: CCC All-Conference Team
February 28, 2013
CCC All-Conference Team

East: Taylor Fortin, Tolland; Kyle Rodegher, RHAM; Daylon Ore, Hartford Public; Tarchee Brown, Rockville; Carder Chatey, E.O. Smith; Jordan Jennings, Bloomfield; Tom Seaver, Rocky Hill; Travon Shirley, HPHS; Eric Sanchez, HPHS, Christian Foxen, Rocky Hill; Gene Harrison, Bloomfield; Mitchell Foster, E.O. Smith.

pixel.gif

Reaction Score
If the point about walk-ons is true, then anything else is moot. Would Ollie really take it away from Amilo though?

He's not 'taking it away' from anyone. Amilo got a scholarship for last season. That was a gift. That doesn't mean he's entitled to one for this season, too.

Reaction Score
I think KO lets the walk-ons have their names on the jersey if they're on or off scholarship

https://instorrsnow.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/celebration-time/

USF may not have seen Lenehan coming but perhaps the Huskies (19-5, 7-4) did. Wednesday was the first time this season in which Lenehan sported a jersey with his name stitched across the back.

“We got Pat’s name back on his jersey. I like that,” UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. “My mom got on me. She said ‘You have to get the walk-on’s names on their jerseys.’ I made sure we got that done.
Thanks for the link - maybe he's gone from practice player to walk-on now.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link - maybe he's gone from practice player to walk-on now.

He was a walk-on on the active roster for the PR tourney last year after the suspensions. I think he might be a full-fledged walk-on who'll be active all year now, à la Ditimi and Guest.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Who knows, with natural maturation, hard work and practicing against top-level talent everyday, Christian could end up being a contributor.

Reaction Score
So psyched for this... Christian was my student for four years at Rocky Hill; one of the nicest kids you could ever meet and his dream was always to play at UConn. Most thought it was a pipe dream, but he never relented despite missing his junior year due to injury. He did a post-grad year at South Kent where he obviously played against top competition and bulked up a bit. He's still very skinny, but he's a legit 6-8 with some skills; always a nice thing to have in a practice player.

Reaction Score
Went to high school with Christian. He really wasn't that good, especially for someone as tall as he was. But I saw him play at South Kent and he definitely improved. He's also gotten much, much bigger (muscle wise). I don't think he'll be a contributor but I sure hope to see get some game action! Best of luck Foxen.

Reaction Score
So psyched for this... Christian was my student for four years at Rocky Hill; one of the nicest kids you could ever meet and his dream was always to play at UConn. Most thought it was a pipe dream, but he never relented despite missing his junior year due to injury. He did a post-grad year at South Kent where he obviously played against top competition and bulked up a bit. He's still very skinny, but he's a legit 6-8 with some skills; always a nice thing to have in a practice player.

Hey I just graduated from Rocky Hill. Which teacher are you?

Reaction Score
When is this coaching staff going to learn that it's better to give scholarships to 5 star recruits than hometown walk-ons? SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom