Scheduling - time for a rethink? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Scheduling - time for a rethink?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looks like over 9,000 filled into the barn the last time these long-time rivals played. That's damn near a sell out. Compare that to the same spot on the schedule this year when you played Columbia and drew only 3,800. UNH sells tickets.

Not to that game you didn't. I sat next to the visitor's section, Yale had more fans.

Reaction Score
You can rely on their fans to help pack the house and add another beatable opponent to the schedule

UConn has swept UNH the past 2 seasons in hockey and can't wait to help deny your coach his 600th win.

You headed down to Hartford on Sat?

Friday's game @ UNH on ESPN3(watchESPN)

Saturday's game @ XL (3:30)
is on MyTV9

Or show up live
$11 tickets after all fees

C

Chief00

The problem is not the schedule - we need to focus on getting much better!

Reaction Score
Not to that game you didn't. I sat next to the visitor's section, Yale had more fans.

UNH fans attended that game in drones from what I recall. Many more showed up than fans of Tulane, Houston, Tulsa, etc., that's for sure.

Of course, it was a UConn home game so Husky nation was well-represented as well. If UConn can ever find the courage within them to schedule the Wildcats in a home and home, I am sure you will learn just how difficult it is to win at the Lundholm Gymnasium.

Reaction Score
UConn has swept UNH the past 2 seasons in hockey and can't wait to help deny your coach his 600th win.

You headed down to Hartford on Sat?

Friday's game @ UNH on ESPN3(watchESPN)

Saturday's game @ XL (3:30)
is on MyTV9

Or show up live
$11 tickets after all fees

One thing you don't want to do against this Wildcat team is rest on your laurels. Lowell found that out the hard way early this season when the Cats smacked them around in a revenge game and I anticipate that the same thing will happen to your Huskies who are likely big-headed after their victory over Providence.

I haven't decided on Saturday yet but I'll definitely be in Durham on Friday!

Reaction Score
i truly believe what sets uconn apart from other schools in our conference and less prestige schools in general is our scheduling. we play in elite pre-season tournaments every single year and routinely play a round of top name schools that the rest of the AAC doesn't. this is because of our brand. the uconn brand got us invited to the PK80, not recent "success". when our scheduling dies, our brand takes a hit. and honestly the brand is the only thing we really have left these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom