Schedules! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Schedules!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

So the nonconference slate consists of Longwood, Western Carolina, East Carolina and UNC Wilmington?

And Duke plays Louisville twice before New Year's, and both times at Louisville?? [correction: at Durham]

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So the nonconference slate consists of Longwood, Western Carolina, East Carolina and UNC Wilmington?

And Duke plays Louisville twice before New Year's, and both times at Louisville??

1) East Carolina and UNCW aren't gonna be good this year.... but Longwood is a member of the rough and tumble Big South... and they have a quality backcourt. WCU is an emerging force..... 3rd best team in the NC Mountains....

2) Apparently both Louisville games are in Durham. :confused:

Charmin soft OOC.

oh well.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Across the board Duke is being extra cautious these days. No spectators for any of the fall and winter sports, and no away non-conference games for both the men's and women's teams. I would have loved for them to go on the road to play A&T, UNCG or HPU..or even Elon..... but alas.. it wasn't meant to be.

Reaction Score
SEC schedule to be released this morning at 10:00 according to GamecockWBB Twitter.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Still waiting on South Florida's schedule. The AAC site and the South Florida site are blank for men's and women's basketball.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
South Bend Tribune's Anthony Anderson (via the Bench's RISteve) reported the Notre Dame out-of-conference schedule against these four teams:
Fri, 11/27 - at Ohio, noon
Sun, 11/29 - vs Miami (Ohio), 4 pm
Thur, 12/3 - vs No. 25 Michigan, 6 pm
Sun, 12/6 - vs IUPUI, 2 pm

This will bring the total number of games to 24, including the 20 ACC games.
As expected, these are all nearby games (one in Indiana, one in Michigan and two in Ohio). Three of the four (save Miami) had solid, winning seasons in 2019-20.

Here's a link to the ACC part of the schedule, which start with Nell Fortner's Ga. Tech team on Dec. 13th.

Reaction Score
Does any one know when pac 12 schools are going to release schedules? I really want to watch Stanford when they play Colorado here!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Have you ever known a Bulldog to back down from competition? :cool: Good schedule.... showdowns vs the 2 other NC Mountain Schools.... a bulldog on bulldog showdown vs SC State... another dogfight with the Terriers of Wofford... and a SEC Powerhouse visits Asheville :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Can't be often that a P5 school visits a Big South Arena.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Interesting non-conference schedule.....

for those not up on school logos... thats Big South Power Radford..... back to back games vs MY SPARTANS and MY PANTHERS .. SC State, and Charlotte

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Have you ever known a Bulldog to back down from competition? :cool: Good schedule.... showdowns vs the 2 other NC Mountain Schools.... a bulldog on bulldog showdown vs SC State... another dogfight with the Terriers of Wofford... and a SEC Powerhouse visits Asheville :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Can't be often that a P5 school visits a Big South Arena.
I don't believe I've ever heard Florida described as a "powerhouse" in the realm of women's basketball. For sure not anytime lately. But still, it's unusual indeed.

Reaction Score
I don't believe I've ever heard Florida described as a "powerhouse" in the realm of women's basketball. For sure not anytime lately. But still, it's unusual indeed.

In all fairness to Florida, they did nearly upend national runner up, Old Dominion in 1997 behind Delisha Milton and Muriel Page in 1997 before falling 53-51. Florida beat Louisiana Tech, USC, and a powerful Florida International squad en route to the Elite 8. Old Dominion would go on to beat Stanford by a bucket before falling to Tennessee in the finals. Florida even beat eventually national champions Tennessee handily during the regular season, trouncing the Lady Vols by 9 in Gainesville. UConn, for reference lost by double digits to Tennessee in the Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa in the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
You have to love Gonzaga's schedule. South Carolina, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Oklahoma. What a great start to the year for them, and lots to look forward to if they can get away with playing in South Dakota.

I'm also in love with South Dakota State! Gonzaga, Creighton, Iowa State, Drake, Kansas State, Missouri State, and Northern Iowa. What a fantastic collection of teams.

Drake playes Creighton, Iowa State, and Green Bay. I'm giving kudos to Iowa State for being willing to play these mid-majors.

Honestly, it's shocking how many schedules have yet to be finalized and posted. Lots of movement inbound, it seems.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Best SEC program in the state of Florida :p

Im always happy to see a P5 program play at a mid-major school. UGA played at NC A&T a few years ago... a top 10 UCLA squad also played at NC A&T. Duke played at Liberty (when they were still in the big south) and FGCU last year :oops: Hopefully when High Point opens their new arena next fall.. they can get a Duke or a NC State to visit for their home opener.

Reaction Score
Best SEC program in the state of Florida :p

Im always happy to see a P5 program play at a mid-major school. UGA played at NC A&T a few years ago... a top 10 UCLA squad also played at NC A&T. Duke played at Liberty (when they were still in the big south) and FGCU last year :oops: Hopefully when High Point opens their new arena next fall.. they can get a Duke or a NC State to visit for their home opener.

Duke or NC State, but not Courtney Banghart and her pretty shade of blue to adorn High Point's arena? I'd think that Banghart would be amenable to playing the occasional mid after her glory days at Princeton.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke or NC State, but not Courtney Banghart and her pretty shade of blue to adorn High Point's arena? I'd think that Banghart would be amenable to playing the occasional mid after her glory days at Princeton.

:rolleyes:

Duke would make some sense from a historical perspective. Both schools with Methodist roots... and Duke was originally located in Trinity....... about 5 miles from High Point. NC State will probably enter the 2021-22 season in the top 20... and has Cunane (from nearby Greensboro) and Elle Sutphin from nearby Pilot Mountain.

Reaction Score
Oregon releases their (very regionalized) non-conference schedule:

I’m assuming most of the Pac-12 teams will attempt to keep their games relatively regional. Not that they would be expected to challenge Oregon, but Portland has some talent (unsure if Lucy Cochrane will be eligible)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think the easier teams were to be expected for the PAC given the brutal gauntlet they have to run. I mean, Stanford has a stretch where they play USC, UCLA, ASU, Arizona, Oregon, Oregon State in a row. I don’t know that any other conference has a stretch that brutal. That’s potentially 4 Top 16 Teams, and a fifth top 25 team if USC or ASU show up this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom