Schedule | The Boneyard

Schedule

Reaction Score
On Dec, 3 UConn will play its fifth game, South Carolina its ninth, and Colorado, the other team I watch religiously, it’s eighth. These teams and many others are testing their systems, evaluating newcomers, and honing their veterans while UConn isn’t. Just saying...

Reaction Score
On Dec, 3 UConn will play its fifth game, South Carolina its ninth, and Colorado, the other team I watch religiously, it’s eighth. These teams and many others are testing their systems, evaluating newcomers, and honing their veterans while UConn isn’t. Just saying...
How many does each at the end of the regular season?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I find it bizarre, too. We have gone like ten days between each game…seems to me a recipe for getting very cold

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is the national championship played in December?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is UConn playing fewer games than other teams this season? If not, what does it matter?

Reaction Score
Is UConn playing fewer games than other teams this season? If not, what does it matter?
Easy. The importance is to learn early and fix problems early.

Reaction Score
It might have something to do with the academic calendar at each school

Reaction Score
I get the sense that there are a myriad of factors that play into how the schedule unfolds, and that Geno for example has little control over it, or at least a lot less than the average fan assumes.

Reaction Score
Well, it’s the 26th, so no...
Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

Reaction Score
Look, it is only logical that you learn as early as possible so you have a longer period of time to make adjustments if the final goal is to improve and ready oneself for the tournament. You see early mistakes, then experiment to fix and if experiment doesn’t fix you still have time to fix. With new players you find out what they need to do to help the team. UConn will have played only four games in November and, frankly, the results don’t tell me much beyond a few broad strokes. Indeed, at this point I am not sure UConn is even a top ten team. Maybe, maybe not. I just haven’t seen enough to judge.

Reaction Score
I don't think it really matters, but from a purely selfish point of view I'd like to see the games more evenly spaced.

Reaction Score
Look, it is only logical that you learn as early as possible so you have a longer period of time to make adjustments if the final goal is to improve and ready oneself for the tournament. You see early mistakes, then experiment to fix and if experiment doesn’t fix you still have time to fix. With new players you find out what they need to do to help the team. UConn will have played only four games in November and, frankly, the results don’t tell me much beyond a few broad strokes. Indeed, at this point I am not sure UConn is even a top ten team. Maybe, maybe not. I just haven’t seen enough to judge.
UConn will continue to learn and adjust against SCar in late January and Tennessee in February. Trust the most proven coach in ALL OF SPORTS. or start a movement to fire him for “only” making the last 5 final fours

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geno deliberately backloads the schedule. They’ll play 3 OOC games during the conference season. He has them play 3-game weeks with one game being against a tough OOC opponent to prepare them for the tournaments.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
UConn typically starts practice late. Geno once said it's because his teams usually play later in the year. This is the way UConn has done things for years. I get frustrated because I love watching them and every November I get frustrated with the schedule.

Reaction Score
Can't wait for Dec when UConn plays 2 more games than South Carolina to finish the year off with South Carolina having a two game edge on UConn in games played, 13 to 11 through Dec 31st.

EDIT: in case it's not obvious, my post is laden with sarcasm.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Always been a mystery to me why the coaches don't get a better look early on at highly recruited players like Ducharme and Deberry. So what if you lose a game or 2 because of it. How players react during games is far different than how they react in practice. And don't tell me that these players don't wonder why they are getting almost no court time. You mention testing systems, and I know it's blasphemous to say, but might even spend some time on something new offensively. Of course, history shows us that none of this is ever going to happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom