Schedule opens up a bit | The Boneyard

Schedule opens up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
3 games left against teams with Top 43 RPI's. I think we can get a consensus here that Rutgers 44 RPI will be short lived. Next best after Rutgers is Georgetown at 59.

Prior to today, UConn's losses have been to RPI's #7 (New Mexico), 13 (NC State), 19 (Marquette), and 10 (Louisville). I think it is fair to assume Pitt will finish somewhere in the Top 40.

Rutgers, @Providence, South Florida, @St. Johns and @ Seton Hall should be a cure for UConn's problems. While there are 3 road games in there, all the games are very winnable.

The team is playing well, and the schedule is softening up. I think 8 or 9 wins the rest of the way is a very fair expectation.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We need to put away the cupcakes (Rutgers, Prov, USF, SHU, Depaul), beat the middle-level teams (SJU, Nova, Cincy) and win either against Syracuse or Georgetown. If all goes to plan we're looking at a 23-6 finish. Probably won't happen, but expectations are high as when you're at UConn. Even if you can't go to the post-season.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, while all of these games should be "easier" than the most recent stretch, Pitt is not a lot better than RU or SHU nor is Marquette. UConn needs to come to play and play smart, not turn it over or get cocky and just play to have a chance for W's.....no matter who they are playing. RU went to South Bend and had a chance right down to the wire. They are playing better and have some nice players as do SHU, the Johnnies, USF - there are no "cupcakes" for this years team....full out effort both ends and hit the boards or .500 will not happen!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You dont think Marquette is better than Seton Hall?

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, while all of these games should be "easier" than the most recent stretch, Pitt is not a lot better than RU or SHU nor is Marquette. UConn needs to come to play and play smart, not turn it over or get y and just play to have a chance for W's.....no matter who they are playing. RU went to South Bend and had a chance right down to the wire. They are playing better and have some nice players as do SHU, the Johnnies, USF - there are no "cupcakes" for this years team....full out effort both ends and hit the boards or .500 will not happen!!

The bold is mine and I agree completely.

This year Quinnipiac is not a cupcake. Hopefully they are better than when they played Q. But those teams are better as well. The schedule does soften. But nothing can be assumed for this team.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Let's be honest, while all of these games should be "easier" than the most recent stretch, Pitt is not a lot better than RU or SHU nor is Marquette. UConn needs to come to play and play smart, not turn it over or get y and just play to have a chance for W's.....no matter who they are playing. RU went to South Bend and had a chance right down to the wire. They are playing better and have some nice players as do SHU, the Johnnies, USF - there are no "cupcakes" for this years team....full out effort both ends and hit the boards or .500 will not happen!!

We are playing with only half a team, every game will be tough.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Sorry but I see no easy BE games with this squad or any other for that matter. I've always felt that way over the years. Opposing teams play like NBA'ers against us. Its our burden. Especially now when we are not at our best I expect teams to play us even harder. We have to take/snatch every victory, not because we are not that great, but because we are UConn!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
There are no cupcakes in the Big East...particularly not Rutgers, who embarrassed UConn last year. The talent level is pretty comparable this year and they have more muscle.
We are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You guys have convinced me. Rutgers, Seton Hall and Providence are better than Syracuse, Marquette and Notre Dame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom