Schedule Disappointment.... | The Boneyard

Schedule Disappointment....

Reaction Score
I was just looking over the schedule and then I looked at the Men's schedule and the Men are playing like 6 more games in Connecticut than the Women are. There are only like 12 games in Connecticut for the women.... what gives? I was trying to plan birthday gifts with tickets to the games and there are like only 2-3 games on the weekend in CT.... Anyone know why this is?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The game in St. Louis is the home game for Napheesa, so that road game was inevitable, the Paradise Jam is in the VI (no choice of venue there), and Louisville is the second game of a home and home. And the three game out west - Geno dislikes traveling a long distance for one game so he tries to fit in a few to reduce jet lag for the team. It just seems to be the way the schedule worked out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I count 13 regular season games in CT plus the following:

Preseason (2)
AAC tournament (3)
NCAA opening rounds (2)

That’s 20 games in CT and, assuming that UConn ends up in the East Regionals, there is another 2 games in Albany, NY, a couple hours from CT.

Reaction Score
The AAC and NCAA should not count towards that... I am talking Regular season games... and coming from Western CT where it is not always possible to get out of work then head through Hartford to reach UCONN for the night games then travel back... it is difficult... just wish there were more options....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The AAC and NCAA should not count towards that... I am talking Regular season games... and coming from Western CT where it is not always possible to get out of work then head through Hartford (good luck Lamont trying to make that better) to reach UCONN for the night games then travel back... it is difficult... just wish there were more options....
You do realize that last year UConn played exactly 13 games in CT, not including preseason, the AAC tournament or the first 2 rounds of the NCAA tournament, which is the exact same number as this season?

Reaction Score
So last year sucked too.... Your point? We're there the same limited weekend games as last year?

Reaction Score
So last year sucked too.... Your point? We're there the same limited weekend games as last year?
I likewise was disappointed at the lack of regular season home games in Hartford. No I don’t count MOHEGAN Sun as a home game. Almost not worth buying season tickets.
I think the issue is that as they have tried to load up on high powered non conference games they had to make some sacrifices. I think Geno has expressed that he prefers games in Storrs.

Reaction Score
There are seven games in Hartford and seven in Gampel. There used to be eight when the AAC had two more conference games, but the schedule was cut to compensate for the horrendous geographical area of the conference. There is no legitimate argument for more home games! In order to keep a highly competitive non conference schedule, home and away agreement have to be signed. No worthy opponent would ever agree to play only away games against UConn. For the foreseeable future, there will be seven and seven, unless the Civic center decides to discontinue its pact with UConn. THEN, there will be 14 home games at Gampel, which would most likely severely hamper season ticket sales.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom