Scariest tournament win in Uconn history | The Boneyard

Scariest tournament win in Uconn history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. 2011 Elite 8 vs Arizona- I still can't believe that final shot by Fogg didnt go in, watching the replay of it you can see that Lamb altered that shot slightly. SDSU game was kind of scary but nothing like the elite 8 game.

2. 1999 Elite 8 vs Gonzaga- In terms of pressure and past history of falling short of the FF. When we played Duke in the championship game I didnt feel much pressure because we had already gotten to the final four. In retrospect that Gonzaga team was a lot like George Mason in 06, luckily we had savvy vets on our team who wouldn't let us lose, that Iowa team we played in the sweet 16 was scary as well.

3. 2014 vs St Joes- Enough said I think that team was better then Dayton.

4. 2004 vs Duke- The ending of the Pitt game in the BE finals gave me a glimmer of hope.

5. 2006 vs Albany/Washington- Down 12 vs Albany in the 2nd half, we advanced past Washington because of Marcus and Rashad. Unfortunatly we know how it all ended, coming from behind was a recurring trend from that 06 team like every game since that ND game that went 3 OT.

6. 1998 vs Washington-Ripped the hearts out.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Gonzaga. A loss there might have been the worst outcome possible. That was our year to break through after so many near-misses, and if we lost to some no-name 10 seed the world might have ended.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
St Joes win in 2014. UCONN barely got that. If it weren't for a huge rebound AND-1 from Amida, they'd wouldn't have.

I realize that this one only counts in retrospect, given that most people didn't think we were going to win it. But still. Skin of their teeth there. And we'd have no fourth title without it.

My butthole was tightest for the Arizona win. Duke 2004 I just knew they were going to do it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
St Joes win in 2014. UCONN barely got that. If it weren't for a huge rebound AND-1 from Amida, they'd wouldn't have.

I realize that this one only counts in retrospect, given that most people didn't think we were going to win it. But still. Skin of their teeth there. And we'd have no fourth title without it.

My butthole was tightest for the Arizona win
. Duke 2004 I just knew they were going to do it.

Reaction Score
Duke 2004. I was there. And was so sick to my stomach until the end.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Arizona in 2011, 100%. That postseason run was so special, and that shot could not have been more wide open. It would've been devastating to have seen it end there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Saw the thread title and could have no other reaction than Albany.

Reaction Score
1. 2011 Elite 8 vs Arizona- I still can't believe that final shot by Fogg didnt go in, watching the replay of it you can see that Lamb altered that shot slightly. SDSU game was kind of scary but nothing like the elite 8 game.

I think it was Jamelle Horne. I also think I had a stroke when that shot was in the air.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
How does nobody list the 1999 title game?!?!?!?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
I think it was Jamelle Horne. I also think I had a stroke when that shot was in the air.

To my grave I have no idea how it doesn't go in. Even when I watch it on YouTube.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I feel the same about that Zona shot but it was Horne's missed 3 not Fogg. It was right on a target too just a little long

Reaction Score
How does nobody list the 1999 title game?!?!?!?

For some reason I never felt nervous going into that game, I had some butterflies pre game once it got started I was all fired up. The missed FF monkey was lifted off our shoulders. Hearing all the pre game talking heads it got me more confident, especially hearing Khalid speak. The pressure was off Uconn and all on Duke, I never to this day thought it was an upset, the media talked up the game like Duke was the best thing since sliced bread.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
For some reason I never felt nervous going into that game, I had some butterflies pre game once it got started I was all fired up. The missed FF monkey was lifted off our shoulders. Hearing all the pre game talking heads it got me more confident, especially hearing Khalid speak. The pressure was off Uconn and all on Duke, I never to this day thought it was an upset, the media talked up the game like Duke was the best thing since sliced bread.
What was the greatest thing before sliced bread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom