Scariest tournament win in Uconn history | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scariest tournament win in Uconn history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I jumped up, fist pumped the ceiling and all my knuckles were bleeding.

Didn't hurt for some reason

Same thing. Jumped out of my easy chair and threw my hands into the air. And cut one of them on a hanging lamp. And didn't care.

Reaction Score
Man the arizona game in 2011 no doubt. they went on these roaring runs and derrick williams played like an god. roscoe and ao were toast. That was like, the last good game of his basketball career. playing uconn brings out the best i guess... But i loved napiers juice in that game, stripping the ny pg and talkin it up after. he was so hyype

Reaction Score
1. 2011 Elite 8 vs Arizona- I still can't believe that final shot by Fogg didnt go in, watching the replay of it you can see that Lamb altered that shot slightly.

I think it was Jamelle Horne. I also think I had a stroke when that shot was in the air.
My ass took a bite out of the couch cushion when Derrick Williams put that 3 up

Soooooo uhhh, Who was it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
williams missed a bad shot for the win, horne nearly made one at the buzzer right elbow

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
williams missed a bad shot for the win, horne nearly made one at the buzzer right elbow
Okwandu did a good job against Williams there. Lamb closed fast on Horne, but it was mostly just a "close but no cigar" shot. Our guys got a little lucky there, perhaps, but I prefer to think that they won because they were the more composed team at the end.

Reaction Score
Okwandu did a good job against Williams there. Lamb closed fast on Horne, but it was mostly just a "close but no cigar" shot. Our guys got a little lucky there, perhaps, but I prefer to think that they won because they were the more composed team at the end.

guy loved his team, and was extremely well coached.

Reaction Score
Albany game for me. I remember laying down on my bed covering my eyes and thinking I can't believe UConn is going to be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed. Thank God they pulled that one out.

Gonzaga game was 2nd. There was just so much pressure to finally get to a Final Four and I was thinking during the game that if they didn't get there this time, with this team, it might never happen.

Reaction Score
How does nobody list the 1999 title game?!?!?!?

I expected UConn to win. I was confident all night.

It did get a little tense at the end, but with KEA at the line, you knew we were gonna be alright.;)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It has to be Albany in 06'. That was a #1 vs. #16 and we were on the ropes.

Reaction Score
Washington 06 was stomach churning. I remember being 17 and forcing my gf at the time to watch with me and she had 0 interest. Her little brother was one of those "everyone likes UConn and I have no hopes of going to college anyways so all of a sudden I'm a huge Brandon Roy fan" type balloon knots. Felt amazing at the end.

Washington 98 was my introduction to UConn to being life and death hoops. My dad let me stay up to watch which was cool enough. Going crazy as Rip hit the shot ignited a life long love affair.

St. Joe's 2014. I just remember thinking "the Boneyard will be a sh1tshow after this" In Brimah we trust.

Reaction Score
C'mon some of you people really thought we would lose that Albany game?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I was 100% convinced they were going to call a foul when Langdon lost the ball and stumbled at the buzzer.
I was 100 percent convinced it would happen on the Ricky-induced travel the play before. When the whistle blew I had visions of Langdon going to the line to win a title. Instead we got the three sweetest words in UConn basketball history: "Traveling on Langdon!"

Reaction Score

In the next game Chuck also had one of the great hedges of all time to force Brandon Knight (who'd seemingly made like 37 buzzer beaters in that tournament) to give the ball up on Kentucky's last meaningful possession. The guy was a very underrated contributor to that ship.

To me the scariest games are the early ones against inferior teams. You get to the late rounds and lose, eh, you're playing a good team and you tip your cap. Colgate, Rider, Albany, Elijah Allen, Earl Boykins. The early round games that stay close for too long are the really scary ones.

Reaction Score
Arizona in 11 was the worst. I still can't believe that shot went in. I think people overstate the St Joe's game because we won the title. At the time I was just hoping for a Sweet 16, so while it would have sucked, losing that game would have been just another tournament loss. Obviously with hindsight we know it lead to a title, but at the time I just wanted to win the game. The game against Albany is probably the only first weekend game where I was really sick to my stomach.

Reaction Score
I was definitely a hell of a lot more nervous during the Zona game than St. Joes. There's so much more on the line during elite 8 games obviously. I don't see how anyone would be more worried during a 10-7 1st round game than that. Nothing sucks more than losing in the elite 8.

Reaction Score
Albany for sure. I was at Coach's in Hartford for that one. I normally prefer to stay home to watch tourney games but I figured it would be a blow out. Some d!ckhead was openly rooting for Albany and got louder and louder as their lead grew. I have never gotten into a barroom fight in my life but I was very close that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom