SC success recruitment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC success recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We do have cheaper, $5 GA seats in the upper deck and some less desirable, cheaper tickets in the lower deck. Our WBB tickets are much more reasonable than UCONN's, but salaries are much lower in SC, too.
Upper deck GA is $9.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
How many times has State beaten SC in the NCAAT? I'll hang up and listen.

You're 1-0 against us in the NCAA tournament. Huh? Stay modest.

Relax... Gamecock nation. You guys are seriously the most sensitive women's basketball fanbase around. I've never seen Miss. St. fans respond to criticism that badly. Nobody is saying you don't have a great program, but I'd wait before puffing my chest over one superb recruiting class. As previously brought up, the most fundamental piece of a championship program is how players progress.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Relax... Gamecock nation. You guys are seriously the most sensitive women's basketball fanbase around. I've never seen Miss. St. fans respond to criticism that badly. Nobody is saying you don't have a great program, but I'd wait before puffing my chest over one superb recruiting class. As previously brought up, the most fundamental piece of a championship program is how players progress.

I was puffing my chest out over our 13-1 record vs. MSU in recent years.

Reaction Score
You mean the Big one that’s sitting pretty in our Basketball Facility? Oh yeah that one... I’ll be worried about that too if I were you.

Don’t make it seem like when Geno lost Stewie, Tuck, and Mo that he hand nothing to work with. KLS was the #1 player out of H.S., Collier was top 5 along with Gabby Williams who was coming into her own and Kia Nurse who started on two Nat’l Championship squads. That’s far Different from Dawn bringing in Kaela and Allisha for one year and losing them and Coates to the draft! I’m glad you don’t take the SEC games seriously because y’all would have a better chance of winning then in the tournament. I’m just calling it like it is!
I forgot she lost Davis and the other guard after a year. Good moves by them getting out of there and starting there careers though I didn’t think either was ready. Completely wrong again.

Reaction Score

I’m not a Ms State fan but you guys better take care of biz this year against SC. They stink so far but so does rest of SEC like Mizz, Tenn. Ga (anyone seen Robinson? She is awful without Ingram)

Last edited:

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I was puffing my chest out over our 13-1 record vs. MSU in recent years.

Ok... fair enough. We seem to play well against anyone except SC, so credit Dawn for having her Dawnjuice on whenever she faces Vic.

Though to level the playing field, Dawn showed up 4 years before Vic did. You've been elite for 5 (or 6?) years and only went to the national championship game once. You've had very disappointing and disheartening defeats through that period. We are a younger program. Most of Bulldog nation weren't too sad over any of our losses in the last 2 years because Vic always gets the job done until the final game of the year. Nothing much except total happiness in Bulldog nation. We've been elite only two years and went to two straight national title games. Vic is simply the man, case closed. We're happy because we know Vic will bring home a championship one day soon, and we're counting heavily on this year.

And just you know, don't try to discredit us by bringing up our record before the last two years, because not a single Bulldog cares about any of those years before the last 2.

Reaction Score
Ok... fair enough. We seem to play well against anyone except SC, so credit Dawn for having her Dawnjuice on whenever she faces Vic.

Though to level the playing field, Dawn showed up 4 years before Vic did. You've been elite for 5 (or 6?) years and only went to the national championship game once. You've had very disappointing and disheartening defeats through that period. We are a younger program. Most of Bulldog nation weren't too sad over any of our losses in the last 2 years because Vic always gets the job done until the final game of the year. Nothing much except total happiness in Bulldog nation. We've been elite only two years and went to two straight national title games. Vic is simply the man, case closed. We're happy because we know Vic will bring home a championship one day soon, and we're counting heavily on this year.

And just you know, don't try to discredit us by bringing up our record before the last two years, because not a single Bulldog cares about any of those years before the last 2.
You’re right. Before and after the Nat Championship SC tended to pull a Tenn in the tournament. Buffalo hung with them for a while. Last year they weren’t a serious contender even with Wilson. They had no chance verse UConn. Harris looked terrible and can’t be counted on in UConn games. Jennings was very impressive down the stretch. She must be injured now. She doesn’t look close to the same player.

Last edited:

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I’m not a Ms State fan but you guys better take care of biz this year against SC. They stink so far but so does rest of SEC like Mizz, Tenn.

I think we will. Agreed with you on the rest of the SEC. Missouri doesn't have enough offense, Texas A&M should be beating up those cupcakes they're playing but they're not. Tennessee.... we'll wait to see if there's any new talents emerging from that squad..... eye on Meme Jackson. Kentucky looks improved. My biggest concern on our schedule is still SC, not Texas. I think we'll beat Texas.... hopefully easily. We should beat SC both times this year (we're favored to at least), but Dawn's defense shut us down once last year, who knows if she'll be able to do it again. The toughest opponent on our schedule is Oregon at least on paper, but then...... I'll always feel more concerned about SC because those games always end up being the most closely watched games of the year for State fans, and Dawn has her players playing like Vic coached them sometimes.

I’m not sold on Holmes and Danbury

They both looked improved. Danberry looks like a whole new player especially. They'll be integral to our team this year. They're not seen as an offensive threat but Danberry has physical advantages over players which translate to some quality offense short range jumpshots and long running layups has her averaging about 12 points per game this year.

Reaction Score

Might not be a popular opinion but I think Taylor will see a lot more time by the time they get to conference play.

Reaction Score
Shazam, if you had watched MSST games I believe you would be sold. These two are incredible on defense. They are quick and fast, so far biggest surprise for me is our guard play. I knew Tee and Anreil would be tough but I am encouraged both Danbury and Jazz will be a strength. Another big surprise is 3 point shooting, stats wise better than last year so far.

Reaction Score
i tried to stay out if this conversation but let's look at facts. Dawn took a team of lower 4 star players and won the SEC championship prior to Aja's class arriving on campus. I think that shows development. Also she has coached a half dozen USA teams over they years and has always won gold. She also won gold as a player. She was also practically chosen bu Geno to succeed him, so frankly a i would not as a Miss. st. fan come on another team's board criticizing a coach that has beat your great coach 13 out of the past 14 meetings. As far as those great seasons by Miss. St, i would say look at who you played. Dawn scheduled Uconn and re-upped the contract when other teams ran like the plague.Dawn has played Texas, Maryland, Notre Dame, Louisville and Uconn in the regular season. Maybe not running away frim competition gets you an ugly loss or two but it more than preparea you to win big. One last thing, Dawn does not celebrate 2nd place finishes neither does Geno or Muffet or Mulkey. Simply Vic has a ways to go to catch Dawn in their head to head matches so i think she is plenty good enough i. all areas. Miss st. has one wnba player, SC has five.

Reaction Score
Her record head to head against Ms St is almost as good as Geno vs Jeff Walz. 17-0. I think Ms St is better this year but what I think doesn’t matter. Not impressed with Dawn’s team chemistry this year. Bunch of individuals so far.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i tried to stay out if this conversation but let's look at facts. Dawn took a team of lower 4 star players and won the SEC championship prior to Aja's class arriving on campus. I think that shows development. Also she has coached a half dozen USA teams over they years and has always won gold. She also won gold as a player. She was also practically chosen bu Geno to succeed him, so frankly a i would not as a Miss. st. fan come on another team's board criticizing a coach that has beat your great coach 13 out of the past 14 meetings. As far as those great seasons by Miss. St, i would say look at who you played. Dawn scheduled Uconn and re-upped the contract when other teams ran like the plague.Dawn has played Texas, Maryland, Notre Dame, Louisville and Uconn in the regular season. Maybe not running away frim competition gets you an ugly loss or two but it more than preparea you to win big. One last thing, Dawn does not celebrate 2nd place finishes neither does Geno or Muffet or Mulkey. Simply Vic has a ways to go to catch Dawn in their head to head matches so i think she is plenty good enough i. all areas. Miss st. has one wnba player, SC has five.
Not criticizing your post or anything ... I hope ND and South Carolina start to schedule get against each other in the OOC. They FF game several years ago was amazing. I know both coaches and media hated how last year their gulf coast game wasn't nationally televised. That would be a great series to start and I guarantee it would be televised. And SC schedules hard teams. MissSt's schedule is pretty embarrassing after the few highly ranked opponents.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score

Sigh.....................

Gamecock fans. I give up. Ok, you win. Cool?

Who the hell was criticizing anyone? I simply said it takes more than one recruiting class to build a championship team. Vic is the best example of that.... we had even less talent than Dawn did before she started. We had a roster of no names. At least you had a couple of great players before Wilson arrived. My stating one thing has the entire Gamecock Nation ready to pounce on every opportunity to denounce us and ballyhoo your superiority. Sheesh. Talk about taking it hard.

Reaction Score
Sigh......

Gamecock fans. I give up. Ok, you win. Cool?

Who the hell was criticizing anyone? I simply said it takes more than one recruiting class to build a championship team. Vic is the best example of that.... we had even less talent than Dawn did before she started. We had a roster of no names. At least you had a couple of great players before Wilson arrived. My stating one thing has the entire Gamecock Nation ready to pounce on every opportunity to denounce us and ballyhoo your superiority. Sheesh. Talk about taking it hard.

Yes please stop spreading your complete and utter ignorance of Dawn Staley and her record at South Carolina. I’m trying to figure out these great players she inherited when she was hired in 2008 because there were none. She rebuilt the program from the ground up making the tournament in her fourth year and advancing to the Sweet 16 with one lone freshman 4 star recruit on her roster.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Tiff has struggled with injuries and never seemed to find her footing consistently. I think she could be a solid role player on different teams like Atlanta, Phoenix or LA. The Fever just isn’t getting the job done with her. Look how much better Briann January looked when she went to the Mercury. Tiff is having a solid season overseas so hopefully she will continue that with the Fever this year.

At the same time, Mitchell’s shooting has been pretty bad. Irrespective of whether Indiana is the right fit for her, she needs to make shots if she is going to have a long career. And after three seasons and almost 100 games, she has not done so.

DF31C32C-ED2E-4F91-A2A6-720753AFE59B.png

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Yes please stop spreading your complete and utter ignorance of Dawn Staley and her record at South Carolina. I’m trying to figure out these great players she inherited when she was hired in 2008 because there were none. She rebuilt the program from the ground up making the tournament in her fourth year and advancing to the Sweet 16 with one lone freshman 4 star recruit on her roster.

Way to jump the gun. I'm ignorant of her record at South Carolina? I've been watching every SC move in the last 5 or 6 years. I'm ignorant? Ha. I said she had a couple of great players BEFORE WILSON SHOWED UP. I guess you can't read either.:D

Vic has done everything Dawn has done in his year 7. Dawn at year 7 wasn't even as impressive as Vic in his year 7. Is your next argument going to be..... "Dawn has been here 4 years longer, longer time to do more things, so therefore she's the better coach." Ha. Better yet, don't you have a game to watch? You're losing to the mighty Oregon State team. The 4th blowout in the last two years? :D:)

Reaction Score
Way to jump the gun. I'm ignorant of her record at South Carolina? I've been watching every SC move in the last 5 or 6 years. I'm ignorant? Ha. I said she had a couple of great players BEFORE WILSON SHOWED UP. I guess you can't read either.:D

Vic has done everything Dawn has done in his year 7. Dawn at year 7 wasn't even as impressive as Vic in his year 7. Is your next argument going to be..... "Dawn has been here 4 years longer, longer time to do more things, so therefore she's the better coach." Ha. Better yet, don't you have a game to watch? You're losing to the mighty Oregon State team. The 4th blowout in the last two years? :D:)
Convenient leaving out the part of your statement that my post was responding to:

“Vic is the best example of that.... we had even less talent than Dawn did before she started. We had a roster of no names.”

I’ll take your word that you have this knowledge of recent Gamecock teams, but Dawn is now in her 11th season at SC. It’s obvious you have no idea what she had when she started, because you would know she didn’t have much of anything on those early rosters.

No blowout. Congrats to OSU. Gritty performance by both teams. Beavers winning it on a very weak foul call. But that’s the way things go sometimes.

Reaction Score
We lost the game 70-68 to the 8th ranked team on a scramble loose ball toss to the basket that ended up in 2 FTs for Oregon to Win the game. Now, who has Miss St. played of consequence yet this year??? Oh there we go, crickets. If Vic is so great schedule tough schools. He still has not done that. Also when you have No Championship, you cant brag off of almosts. Dawn has 4 regular season SEC Championships, 4 SEC Tournament Championships and 2 Final Fours and 1 National Championship. Until Vic does some of this, your argument holds little water.

Reaction Score
Welch started it all. She was homegrown and a nice player

Reaction Score
Also, Simple Dawg, Dawn took over a team that was dead last in the SEC and built it into the program, (notice not just team) that it is now. I don't know why you are making a big deal of this recruiting class. She out recruits everyone in the SEC besides Tenn on most years. We have already played 2 top 10 teams in the country with Baylor and UConn still to come. Who is Miss. ST. playing?

Reaction Score
We lost the game 70-68 to the 8th ranked team on a scramble loose ball toss to the basket that ended up in 2 FTs for Oregon to Win the game. Now, who has Miss St. played of consequence yet this year??? Oh there we go, crickets. If Vic is so great schedule tough schools. He still has not done that. Also when you have No Championship, you cant brag off of almosts. Dawn has 4 regular season SEC Championships, 4 SEC Tournament Championships and 2 Final Fours and 1 National Championship. Until Vic does some of this, your argument holds little water.
I’d concentrate on winning games this year. Wilson has left the building and isn’t returning. You’re whole team combined for 7 assists. What do these players do in practice? Play one on one or HORSE? It’s not helping. Your two starting forwards shot 5-20

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
We lost the game 70-68 to the 8th ranked team on a scramble loose ball toss to the basket that ended up in 2 FTs for Oregon to Win the game.

It was Oregon St. not Oregon.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
You two are among the most ridiculous people.

Vic and Dawn both had nothing when they started. That's a fact. What's the debate here? What are you two getting offended over? Are you saying Dawn had even less than Vic had? That's a matter of opinion by the way, but look at the Mississippi State roster of 2011. There's not a player anyone knows. How am I ignorant here? I'm an avid follower of women's college sports.

You're not gonna win 20 games this year. It was a close loss, but still... you've gotta stop embarrassing yourself on the national stage. You've had 3 blowout losses in the last 2 years.

Yes, Dawn has more championships than Vic has. But she has been here 4 years longer. Why don't you compare Dawn year 7 to Vic year 7. Will you allow this moment of fairness or do you just want to completely shoot the gun like this?

We've played the equal level of competition as SC last year. We were the better team last year, and we will be this year.

The funny thing is I didn't even start out bashing SC. You two seriously have insecurity issues to blow this completely out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom