BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It’s a pretty impressive performance...
31EC94F8-767B-4804-B7FC-188A1B40A03F.jpeg

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Which games against ranked opponents impressed you? (Or were you being sarcastic?)

No sarcasm intended. Taken as a whole, I think they have done well against a formidable schedule. But opinions vary, and that’s OK.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Confused...three losses is impressive to you? I mean, I guess so...

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
No sarcasm intended. Taken as a whole, I think they have done well against a formidable schedule. But opinions vary, and that’s OK.

"Well" is the right word. "Impressive" well, maybe we are jaded, but it waters down the term to use it for a team that's ranked #10 by Massey.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think SC has done ok, not great. I tend to discount the loss to Tenn because of A'ja's absence. Their best wins are over Maryland, Duke, Missouri, and TAMU, all teams ranked lower than them. If they beat either UConn or MSU, I'll be impressed.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
That loss to Tennessee has gotta sting.

On the one hand, losing to a team currently ranked #12 by 16 points has an ouch factor, but they were missing Wilson, so it is understandable.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After Tennessee's last 2 losses, it looks like a WTH game, but S.C. played without Wilson, which was key to me. With both at full strength, I see S.C. beating the LVs.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think SC has done ok, not great. I tend to discount the loss to Tenn because of A'ja's absence. Their best wins are over Maryland, Duke, Missouri, and TAMU, all teams ranked lower than them. If they beat either UConn or MSU, I'll be impressed.

I agree. At a minimum, the word "impressive" ought to include a win over a top ten team. And probably more.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Yes, I would think so. Most teams get better, but the LV’s seem to get worse as the season progresses. I can’t fathom their “vanishing post” that happens so frequently in the second half of their games. How can anyone explain how their players appear disconnected or even bored after one half? Just bizarre.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yes, I would think so. Most teams get better, but the LV’s seem to get worse as the season progresses. I can’t fathom their “vanishing post” that happens so frequently in the second half of their games. How can anyone explain how their players appear disconnected or even bored after one half? Just bizarre.
Is this a thread swerve? Is this now another LV's season thread? Might have already been posts/threads on this, two or three at least. Head bang

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Considering they lost 3 picks to the first round of the WNBA... and a senior guard to injury.... their season has been pretty good to date.

Yep.

We’ve also been patching together a starting lineup pretty much this entire season because of injuries rotating through our lineup it seems, occasionally starting true freshmen.

Reaction Score
Just like Texas did, I expect South Carolina to make the game hard fought on the fact that they're playing at home and seeing the word UCONN on the opposing jersey. I'd actually be surprised suffice to say if the huskies win by a over 15 margin if they do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Considering they lost 3 picks to the first round of the WNBA... and a senior guard to injury.... their season has been pretty good to date.
Pretty good, yes. Impressive, not in my opinion.

Why did Gray and Davis leave early?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Pretty good, yes. Impressive, not in my opinion.

Why did Gray and Davis leave early?

To enter the WNBA. Having transferred in from other institutions, they were both red shirt juniors. Their academic class was graduating that year, thereby making them eligible for the draft. Their time was up, similar to Morgan Tuck's situation. They both chose not to play their 5th year. I know Gray went back to SC after the WNBA season to finish her school work. I believe she was working on her masters. I have no information on Davis' post WNBA season activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
To enter the WNBA. Having transfered in from other institutions, they were both red shirt juniors. Their class was graduating that year. Their time was up, similar to Morgan Tuck's situation. They both chose not to play their 5th year. I know Gray went back to SC after the WNBA season to finish her school work. I believe she was working on her masters. I have no information on Davis' post WNBA season activities.

Kaela is currently playing overseas in Turkey for Galatasaray.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I consider myself battered into submission: A win for my critics... I no longer find SC’s season “impressive.”
-and-
I just hope I can maintain that status after Thursday night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom