SC Record...So Far | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC Record...So Far

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just looking at the Game Stats from the last game. Offense for SC should not come easy. When Cliney and Harrigan were your best 3pt shooters, make them beat you from outside.

upload_2018-1-29_23-52-9.png

Reaction Score
To enter the WNBA. Having transfered in from other institutions, they were both red shirt juniors. Their class was graduating that year. Their time was up, similar to Morgan Tuck's situation. They both chose not to play their 5th year. I know Gray went back to SC after the WNBA season to finish her school work. I believe she was working on her masters. I have no information on Davis' post WNBA season activities.
Why would any player leave for the WNBA? Cant be the money.

Reaction Score
Morgan left for different reasons then Gray and Davis did.
Kaela was always expected to play one year. Gray was contacted after the National Championship game and encouraged by the league to declare in order to be evaluated. She received information that she would be taken in the top 5 picks whereas the next year's draft she may have been moved down because of the talent coming out. South Carolina has a program that pays for all athletes to come back and complete their degree either while they are playing professionally or after their playing careers are over. She is back and will graduate in may because she is doing an internship with or Sports Broadcasting department. She also gets to work out with the team to stay in shape and has use of the basketball weight room training tables, etc. while she does this. A number of basketball and football players have done this recently.

Reaction Score
No sarcasm intended. Taken as a whole, I think they have done well against a formidable schedule. But opinions vary, and that’s OK.

0 wins vs Top 10 teams.

Reaction Score
Kaela was always expected to play one year. Gray was contacted after the National Championship game and encouraged by the league to declare in order to be evaluated. She received information that she would be taken in the top 5 picks whereas the next year's draft she may have been moved down because of the talent coming out. South Carolina has a program that pays for all athletes to come back and complete their degree either while they are playing professionally or after their playing careers are over. She is back and will graduate in may because she is doing an internship with or Sports Broadcasting department. She also gets to work out with the team to stay in shape and has use of the basketball weight room training tables, etc. while she does this. A number of basketball and football players have done this recently.
So my 10 word sentence is correct!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

I'm glad to see that SCar offers this to their former players. I wonder how widespread this "perk" is among other Div 1 schools.

Thanks for sharing.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Morgan left for different reasons then Gray and Davis did.
All due respect cbra-no, she didn't, she left for the exact same reason-turn pro and make some money over what we suspect (Geno initiated it) will be a shortened career due to her knees. Geno's view was Morgan has only so many games left to play on the knees and proved all she could in college. She went with his blessing. She was initially thinking of coming back but once she made AA, Geno and her came to a different conclusion, which is logical and emotionally ok.

While we are all aware that the money in the WNBA is paltry and only big money overseas is given to the very few superstars, the bottom line is the money is still better than most entry level jobs in the "real world". I do not begrudge any of them, including Brianna Turner this year, if she decides to go pro.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Pretty good, yes. Impressive, not in my opinion.

Why did Gray and Davis leave early?
My question was partly rhetorical. I wanted to point out that both of the transfers came, played one year, won a championship, and left--even though both could have stayed to help maintain the level of the program. It has a bit of a "hired gun" sense to it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom