SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was never a fan of HS level kids going straight to the WNBA, even if they’re playing professionally in their countries. I feel like NCAA would prepare them much better for the level of competition than international play. Sika Kone for example is a killer for Mali and had a fantastic season playing in Spain last year and got here to the States and started playing with Chicago Sky and she’s was solid to start the season but you could tell there’s so much more to learn for her because she’s not used to the talent level here stateside. I felt the same about Magbegor. If she attended College here I suspect she would be a dominant player by now instead of just being very good.
Great points. Thinking about some of these college teams that go over and play the "semi-pro" (or however it's called) leagues that many of these international kids play for - most of the time they blow them out. Although there are always exceptions, it really does seem like, at least for now (although I think it's changing), there seems to be a gap in how much a player can develop there v. collegiately here. That said, we're far from home for all these kids so I can appreciate how it might be a tougher decision in some cases.

Reaction Score

Please stop posting Captain Will stuff in here. He has nothing to contribute. Just ask us where we get info from-damn sure ain’t captain will who posted two days ago gamecocks lose out on another recruit.
As if we were still recruiting Kennedy Umeh.

Reaction Score
I think Coach Gandy is going to make a difference. In the video he was running practice it seems I wonder what his role is going to be outside of coaching the post?

Reaction Score
Please stop posting Captain Will stuff in here. He has nothing to contribute. Just ask us where we get info from-damn sure ain’t captain will who posted two days ago gamecocks lose out on another recruit.
As if we were still recruiting Kennedy Umeh.
just skip every post and stop whining... its not that hard...
Cheddar Cheese Crying GIF by Dietz & Watson

Reaction Score
I think Coach Gandy is going to make a difference. In the video he was running practice it seems I wonder what his role is going to be outside of coaching the post?
Nice to get clarity that Gandy would be taking over the frontcourt coaching duties left behind by Coach Chmiel. Like Fred, he looks like quite the character and he also mixes it up and scrimmages with the ladies like Darius Taylor used to when he was here. I don’t recall all that much video, if any, of Chmiel participating in practices in that manner. Not that it’s a necessity as Fred did an amazing job at USC.

I wonder if Dawn will bring in someone else to help out coaching posts and forwards, whether it’s in that fifth AC spot or a GA. Victaria talks about a future in coaching and her coming back to USC in one of those positions instead of playing overseas could be an attractive possibility for her.

Reaction Score
Madi saying tune in around 10:30 for her announcement, so during halftime of this boys game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Always pictured you more of a Skechers kind of fellow.

I'm old, but I ain't that old. Plus I have a sense of fashion.:p

Dawn looks unhappy with that delay…

Not as unhappy as I look right now.

1. how many PG's does a team need.:confused:

2. I'm tired of hearing/reading about birds and nests. :oops:

3. Do yall know what happens when you over stuff a chicken? It doesn't end well :eek:

4. I was actually doing some research on a short trip to the Low Country, but I think I'll be spending my money elsewhere now.:mad:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm old, but I ain't that old. Plus I have a sense of fashion.:p

Not as unhappy as I look right now.

1. how many PG's does a team need.:confused:

2. I'm tired of hearing/reading about birds and nests. :oops:

3. Do yall know what happens when you over stuff a chicken? It doesn't end well :eek:

4. I was actually doing some research on a short trip to the Low Country, but I think I'll be spending my money elsewhere now.:mad:

Dawn likes one in every class. It isn't uncommon for her to occasionally put 2 on the court together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom