SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In 2025
Hall, Feagin and Walker are Srs. So we are a 12 man Squad in 2025 even if we use all scholarships
Just asking here, but in what class is the extra Covid year no longer an option? TIA

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This year's senior class is the last Covid class. Next year things should go back to normal.
2025-26 things will be back to normal since the 2020 class is eligible to play 2024-25.

Reaction Score
2025-26 things will be back to normal since the 2020 class is eligible to play 2024-25.
True, but I feel whoever opts to stay next year are just "seniors" no matter what. So the WNBA drafts and high school recruiting following this next college season/draft should be pretty straightforward.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

1) Staley is a class act
2) Didn't realize there was a Ruth Chris in Columbia. .... how they can support a Ruth Chris down there, but not Del Taco is beyond me. :oops:

Reaction Score
Fun event at CLA tonight. A straight open practice - with the Highlighters and all running drills, late game scenarios, and a short scrimmage. Afterwards the ladies passed out Halloween candy. Kids who attended came away with a nice haul. I was worried the kids would get gipped but Dawn and co., did right by them. Considering the cool weather and rain in the area, I believe the kids came out ahead. Kamilla and Ashlyn had class so they did not participate in the practice, but showed up at the end to pass out candy and meet and greet with fans. Cool to see Sportscenter give so much coverage of the event over their 90 min broadcast.

Reaction Score
If anyone finds the Sportscenter interview posted online, I would be eternally grateful if you linked it in this thread!

Reaction Score
South Carolina high school basketball. Women
Looks like the cupboard is going go be bare for awhile after Joyce. There will be D1 recruits but nothing elite so far. The twitter reply is from the high school beat writer from the State Newspaper. They cover all South Carolina
- so they would know.

Attachments

• IMG_6019.png
    IMG_6019.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 144

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
South Carolina high school basketball. Women
Looks like the cupboard is going go be bare for awhile after Joyce. There will be D1 recruits but nothing elite so far. The twitter reply is from the high school beat writer from the State Newspaper. They cover all South Carolina
- so they would know.
Yeah SC’s instate talent comes in waves.. there was the Welch/Coates/Wilson wave that SC used to rise to prominence nearly a decade ago.. we used that first wave to broaden our national appeal and get national prospects like Boston/Cooke, etc..

That held us up until the current wave, highlighted by players like Cooper/Watkins/Fulwiley/Edwards that seems to be wrapping up with Edwards. I follow high school hoops closely as well and I’m looking out for the next wave down the pipeline as well. But until that happens, I presume SC will again look nationally. Dawn sees it too as she’s turning up her recruiting efforts in Cali and Texas. The Midwest will always be a strong area of focus for us as well. We will be fine as long as we have Dawn.

Reaction Score
Not enough players in SC to sustain a high level program for very long in any sport.

Have to recruit at least regionally to have a chance.

Reaction Score
Most people think it was in response to a tweet by Sportico Twitter acct about Angel Reese’s earnings from NIL in college vs Aliyah Boston’s salary in the WNBA. There was no mention about the fact that Aliyah makes a ton of money off of her NIL deals on top of her salary. The tweet has been taken down but I think what got to Dawn was LSU WBB Twitter account retweeted it.

Reaction Score
Most people think it was in response to a tweet by Sportico Twitter acct about Angel Reese’s earnings from NIL in college vs Aliyah Boston’s salary in the WNBA. There was no mention about the fact that Aliyah makes a ton of money off of her NIL deals on top of her salary. The tweet has been taken down but I think what got to Dawn was LSU WBB Twitter account retweeted it.
Yeah, my first gut feeling was her tweet had something to do with petty tactics surrounding Joyce Edwards recruitment by other teams (i.e., LSU).

Reaction Score
Yeah, my first gut feeling was her tweet had something to do with petty tactics surrounding Joyce Edwards recruitment by other teams (i.e., LSU).
I don’t think Staley is too concerned about losing Edwards to LSU. I tend to think that she has already given a verbal to Staley and possibly asked her to hold off on the birdie in the nest thing and let Edwards announce it herself with no hints going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom