Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I kind of see this as the depth chart going into SEC play:

5 - Cardoso, Watkins, Walker, Feagin
4 - Kitts, Watkins, Feagin, Jah
3 - Hall, T. Johnson, Fulwiley, Feagin
2 - R. Johnson/Paopao, Fulwiley, Hall
1 - Paopao/R. Johnson, Fulwiley

I have the "/" between Paopao and Raven because I kind of see them both flowing between the PG and SG duties when they both are on the floor, though Paopao tends to take PG duties during the majority of possessions, thus why I have them flipped for each position.
I agree except I would drop Sakima behind Feagin at the 5. She is just too raw right now. That MIGHT change over the course of the SEC season. I also MIGHT substitute Jah for Feagin at the three.

Reaction Score
I agree except I would drop Sakima behind Feagin at the 5. She is just too raw right now. That MIGHT change over the course of the SEC season. I also MIGHT substitute Jah for Feagin at the three.
When Feagin gets minutes, even at the 3, she produces at a high clip, at least offensively. I would rather see her in a game that matters than Jah tbh, Jah is a high motor on defense but she is very raw on the offensive side. When she plays the 3 she jacks up threes, at an alarmingly low percentage made. I still feel like we will see much more from Feagin before the season concludes, she has a lot more she is capable of.

Reaction Score
Dawn said that everyone is healthy in her presser from yesterday, so Cardoso should play her normal minutes.

As far as shortening the bench, I actually think that we will keep a similar rotation through SEC play with exception to Jah. I doubt she gets meaningful minutes unless the game is a blowout. Dawn seems to be increasing her trust in Walker so I could actually see her minutes going up, probably at the detriment to Feagin and Jah, especially if Cardoso is having an off night.
Check out the bench minutes in the games vs UNC and Duke. That kind of tipped the hand for me as far as minutes in meaningful games, and yes the bench shortened.

Reaction Score
Check out the bench minutes in the games vs UNC and Duke. That kind of tipped the hand for me as far as minutes in meaningful games, and yes the bench shortened.
I think the bench minutes we see today will be what we see against ECU today on the road will be a lot like we see against most SEC teams this year. I think that a short 11 player roster forces us to make sure that 1-9 all get as much meaningful PT as possible and that 10/11 get early ( not just mop up) experience against the lower half SEC

Reaction Score
I think the bench minutes we see today will be what we see against ECU today on the road will be a lot like we see against most SEC teams this year. I think that a short 11 player roster forces us to make sure that 1-9 all get as much meaningful PT as possible and that 10/11 get early ( not just mop up) experience against the lower half SEC
Yeah, in both the NC and Duke games only one player from the bench got ten or more minutes. Shouldn’t be that tight against ECU but come SEC play it might be.

Reaction Score
ECU game

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy game.SIXTEEN (16) missed free throws.

It’s hard to complain about a 37 point, double up score in on the road but that was ugly. Yeah, we can say we were rusty after the Christmas layoff but still . . .

I can’t bitch about the refs because they had nothing to do with the outcome but I felt like they screwed Ashlynn . A touch foul should involve SOME touching. Oh well.

Well, getting Quad One road wins in NC is nice. Hope we see NC State on down the line.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Glad yall are out of the state. Make sure you close the door. Next year.. hope yall don't chicken out.. schedule a game at either UNC-G or NCA&T

Reaction Score
Thought Feagin played VERY well today, specifically on defense. Hope this is a good sign.
Yeah I was hoping this game was the beginning of something good for her. She had one of the few standout performances.

On another note, it must be the stench of that NC vinegar-based BBQ sauce that makes our team perform badly on offense in that state.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah I was hoping this game was the beginning of something good for her. She had one of the few standout performances.

On another note, it must be the stench of that NC vinegar-based BBQ sauce that makes our team perform badly on offense in that state.

hey now

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
ECU game

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy game.SIXTEEN (16) missed free throws.

It’s hard to complain about a 37 point, double up score in on the road but that was ugly. Yeah, we can say we were rusty after the Christmas layoff but still . . .

I can’t bitch about the refs because they had nothing to do with the outcome but I felt like they screwed Ashlynn . A touch foul should involve SOME touching. Oh well.

Well, getting Quad One road wins in NC is nice. Hope we see NC State on down the line.

SC looked rough offensively yesterday but their defense was solid. ECU looked good early but endured a couple of injuries and I think they’re without 2 or 3 starters right now.

I think teams are figuring out how to defend SC after they came out and played some insanely good basketball to start the year. The over the top lobs to Cardoso aren’t working anymore and it looked more like vintage SC offense of passing the ball around on the perimeter to find an entry angle without a ton of movement. Ball movement wasn’t great and Raven Johnson didn’t have a solid game—she had some poor decision making and struggled to get the team going offensively. Kitts also struggled but I think she could be the x-factor for the team this season. She needs to take more face up jumpers rather than attack the glass each time down to mix it up. Defense overall was excellent. Teams are going to have a tough time putting up points on SC with their overall effort and commitment on that side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Didn't see much to be concerned with vs ECU.

Post exam break road game where the lid was on and they cruised.

I'm still not sure the defense and rebounding is what it has been, but if SCar is going to be hard to score on, the improved offense is going to make it really hard.

Reaction Score
It’s been 5 games or so since Raven has led the team in assists, which is not a concern but is something noticed. DS sat her for a game in that stretch due to fatigue. I‘m hoping she is getting ready to drop the hammer now that Conf play is beginning, but I sure would have liked for our PG to be firing on all cylinders already. She looks fine out there, but her lob passes have been too low lately and her decision making not as crisp as it was earlier this season. Again, not a concern and tbh it’s weird picking on anything about this team, they are #1 for good reason.

Reaction Score
Dawn did say they expected ECU to play them zone because that is their staple so their Offensive game plan was with that in mind. It threw them a little that they played them man and took a bit to get adjusted. If the light has finally come on for Feagin on the defensive side of the ball that will give us 9 deep in excellent players.

I do think Dawn is trying to get the guards as much PT as possible because they Aall bring something different. That Raven is being switched from PG to SG so much might contribute to her play a little bit. It’s a role she’s not played much of at all.

I think this team is still trying to figure things out a little bit and Dawn is finally setting some rotations. I guess teams are going to again try to limit Kamilla but unlike last year we don’t have any problem pulling the trigger and making some 3 pt shots.

Reaction Score
Dawn did say they expected ECU to play them zone because that is their staple so their Offensive game plan was with that in mind. It threw them a little that they played them man and took a bit to get adjusted. If the light has finally come on for Feagin on the defensive side of the ball that will give us 9 deep in excellent players.

I do think Dawn is trying to get the guards as much PT as possible because they Aall bring something different. That Raven is being switched from PG to SG so much might contribute to her play a little bit. It’s a role she’s not played much of at all.

I think this team is still trying to figure things out a little bit and Dawn is finally setting some rotations. I guess teams are going to again try to limit Kamilla but unlike last year we don’t have any problem pulling the trigger and making some 3 pt shots.
Yeah, not worried on Raven either. I was waiting for a game like that from Feagin, she has so much more to give and she is smooth around the rim. With 3 pt. Shooters at 1 and 2 and 3 spots, the bigs will eat. The lob passes down low need to start being higher for Kamilla where only she can reach them. We were doing that effectively early in the season, lately not so well.

Onto UF now. We are road tested, I expect the gators to give us a game for awhile on their court but I’m also expecting a 78-60 type win. Sort of a home game for Chloe, she should be jacked up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glad yall are out of the state. Make sure you close the door. Next year.. hope yall don't chicken out.. schedule a game at either UNC-G or NCA&T
We not only closed the door on the way out of NC, we were courteous and turned off the lights.

Dawn scheduled three away games in the state of NC this season, she is clever and has her eyes on some players up there.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We not only closed the door on the way out of NC, we were courteous and turned off the lights.

Dawn scheduled three away games in the state of NC this season, she is clever and has her eyes on some players up there.

Well technically ESPN and the conferences scheduled the game in Chapel Hill.

Well since Duke doesn't get in state players, she is welcome to grab a few from this state. I give her my permission

Reaction Score

Well since Duke doesn't get in state players, she is welcome to grab a few from this state. I give her my permission
Do you believe there's a reason for that?

Reaction Score

Don’t kid yourself big fella, Dawn don’t play anywhere she doesn’t want to. She cherished three road games in the state of NC this year, it’s all bout recruiting baby and exposure. Nobody is telling her where she has to play, and she gave her thumbs up to be the road team at CH and with the Duck blue devils. Ditto for the ECU game. She has her eyes and pulse on some talent up there. Chess man, chess.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
HAIL NO- these NC schools need to head down south if we’re being honest. It seems like SC has been living in NC lately.

Reaction Score
Great! An early entry redshirt. Perfect. Glad she qualified for early entry.

That means she will start physical therapy under the eyes of our surgeons and coaches. I was hoping to see this.
Yes, Perfect! A right reason to utilize a redshirt. Was waiting for this to transpire. Good head start to next season being around the team, in meetings, getting used to college life and courses, and more importantly, being under the rehab eyes of Dr. Guy and Molly (and whomever else).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Do you believe there's a reason for that?

Not really sure. I do know the recruiting pool isn't that deep for us. Maybe 1 or 2 players a year that we would snag. Strong and the tall girl from Charlotte Catholic were the ones this past year. Strong apparently eliminated us early?? The tall gal went to Chapel Hill.

HAIL NO- these NC schools need to head down south if we’re being honest. It seems like SC has been living in NC lately.

Well invite us.... Elon, UNC-G, High Point, Duke, NC A&T... we aint scared. I'm sure Chapel Hill is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom