SC Gamecocks 2023-2024 in season thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks 2023-2024 in season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will the gals lighten up against Uncle Fred tonight?

The frosh, Tehina and Sakima might not feel the love. Start them!

Reaction Score
Still hanging on in lean for attendance! (15,590) Iowa bringing it though. (14,998) LSU, UConn and Iowa State also over 10,000

It's also interesting to look at average road game/neutral site attendance, as well as average all games attendance. Will be interesting to see if the appeal of Caitlin Clark is strong enough to power Iowa to all-time marks for average all games attendance, as well as average road game/neutral site attendance.

1703049560733.png

(Tennessee numbers verified via Tennessee Media Guides, but open to correction, because attendance averages for road games/neutral sites and all games are somewhat hard to come by.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chloe Kitts was amazing tonight. Bree Hall had a nice game also.
It's been fun watching them grow this season. Both of them are starting to look very comfortable on the court and playing in the flow of things. I felt like both Hall and Kitts were forcing shots at the beginning of the season but now they are letting the game come to them.

I think Watkins and Walker are the next two to watch. Both of those players haven't had their "moment" but are so close to having one. I was glad to see Watkins sink that long two at the end of the game and I think it will help her confidence with taking that shot in the future. She will be a nightmare matchup if she can sink the midrange at a decent clip.

Reaction Score
Chloe Kitts was amazing tonight. Bree Hall had a nice game also.
Her jumper looks great. Shout out to Dawn Staley. Starting her over Watkins and Feagin. Also in the beginning of the season saying Kitts decision to come early made her be further along than she would've been had she waited. Even playing her at the 4. She's only going to get better. Also shout out to Kamila on the high low passes. She throws darts seemingly without much hesitancy. It's a somewhat underrated part of her game.

Reaction Score
Her jumper looks great. Shout out to Dawn Staley. Starting her over Watkins and Feagin. Also in the beginning of the season saying Kitts decision to come early made her be further along than she would've been had she waited. Even playing her at the 4. She's only going to get better. Also shout out to Kamila on the high low passes. She throws darts seemingly without much hesitancy. It's a somewhat underrated part of her game.
Kitts really is developing fast, faster than I expected and I was a big homer for her to begin with. I was somewhat worried she would be buried behind Watkins and Feagin and not get an opportunity to shine. After watching her over the summer on Team USA, I was hopeful she had taken the leap. She is so good.

Reaction Score
Kitts really is developing fast, faster than I expected and I was a big homer for her to begin with. I was somewhat worried she would be buried behind Watkins and Feagin and not get an opportunity to shine. After watching her over the summer on Team USA, I was hopeful she had taken the leap. She is so good.
Yeah my preseason assumption was all wrong. I thought she would be backing up Hall in the wing and doing mop up duty at the 4 in blowouts.

Honestly, the biggest disappointment this season has been Feagin. I had such high hopes that she would turn the corner and it doesn't seem like it has happened.

Reaction Score
Yeah my preseason assumption was all wrong. I thought she would be backing up Hall in the wing and doing mop up duty at the 4 in blowouts.

Honestly, the biggest disappointment this season has been Feagin. I had such high hopes that she would turn the corner and it doesn't seem like it has happened.

Feagin just hasn't progressed too much and there isn't much urgency there. I think she is as talented as anyone on the roster.

If she's content with it I guess that's all right too.

Reaction Score
Feagin just hasn't progressed too much and there isn't much urgency there. I think she is as talented as anyone on the roster.

If she's content with it I guess that's all right too.
Feagin seems very happy at SC and looks to be a great teammate but if you’re going off high school rankings and hype, I think her on-court career has been a disappointment of sorts. She may not have professional aspirations and that’s okay.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
When it comes to rebounding Kitts reminds me of a Dennis Rodman type. The ball finds her as much as she finds it...lol....

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Feagin seems very happy at SC and looks to be a great teammate but if you’re going off high school rankings and hype, I think her on-court career has been a disappointment of sorts. She may not have professional aspirations and that’s okay.
I agree 100%. She has underperformed as a top recruit. That may have to do with the underdevelopment of the other players on the team from high school to college. The staff knows how to develop talent it seems. Some peak in high school while other peak in college.

Reaction Score
The frosh feel love the love, he was there during the recruitments lol
Got a particularly big hugs and receptions from Tessa and Chloe. Breezy also looked very happy to see him and give him a hug.

Reaction Score
Good for Chole. I know at the start of the season there was questions on "who to start?" and it is never easy, but I am glad that things are working out for South Carolina because I am enjoying listening to the naysayers, the so-called traditionalist, and a host of other non-women basketball fans whine about South Carolina and other teams. Coach Staley got the haters Big MAD right now and I am loving it!!

Reaction Score
Tessa passed PaoPao for the 3pt % lead. 53.8 to 52.8.

Remarkable that the team is shooting 41%.

Which is what Bree Hall shoots.

Team average is being brought down by Fulwiley's 31%. She's both unorthodox and a little inconsistent in how she lines them up, but can make them when's on.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Tessa passed PaoPao for the 3pt % lead. 53.8 to 52.8.

Remarkable that the team is shooting 41%.

Which is what Bree Hall shoots.

Team average is being brought down by Fulwiley's 31%. She's both unorthodox and a little inconsistent in how she lines them up, but can make them when's on.
Kinda crazy the way we’re shooting the 3 ball right now. Honestly feels nice to be well rounded on both sides of the ball. We’ve had good or decent offenses before, but never this balanced I don’t think.

Reaction Score
Gameday…..looking forward to hopefully seeing a healthy Cardoso on the court and seeing if Hall has kept her shooting touch over the break. After that, I would love to see Raven in top form prior to conference play and the continued development of Kitts, who just had her best game as a college player. She is just starting to find her place in the offense and there is still upside in her game.

As SC nears conference play, the minutes doled out will get tighter and the bench will shorten some. This is the last chance for some players to show why they need more minutes or deserve to be in tight games.

If Cardoso is limited in this game, I want to see both Watkins and Feagin use the opportunity of increased minutes to show out. Lastly, team FT shooting has started to improve, want to see that continue.

ECU is not a cupcake team btw, and SC fans should expect them to play well on their home court, ala Bowling Green type game, though ECU is likely a good bit better than BG. Good test for the SC squad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gameday…..looking forward to hopefully seeing a healthy Cardoso on the court and seeing if Hall has kept her shooting touch over the break. After that, I would love to see Raven in top form prior to conference play and the continued development of Kitts, who just had her best game as a college player. She is just starting to find her place in the offense and there is still upside in her game.

As SC nears conference play, the minutes doled out will get tighter and the bench will shorten some. This is the last chance for some players to show why they need more minutes or deserve to be in tight games.

If Cardoso is limited in this game, I want to see both Watkins and Feagin use the opportunity of increased minutes to show out. Lastly, team FT shooting has started to improve, want to see that continue.

ECU is not a cupcake team btw, and SC fans should expect them to play well on their home court, ala Bowling Green type game, though ECU is likely a good bit better than BG. Good test for the SC squad.
Dawn said that everyone is healthy in her presser from yesterday, so Cardoso should play her normal minutes.

As far as shortening the bench, I actually think that we will keep a similar rotation through SEC play with exception to Jah. I doubt she gets meaningful minutes unless the game is a blowout. Dawn seems to be increasing her trust in Walker so I could actually see her minutes going up, probably at the detriment to Feagin and Jah, especially if Cardoso is having an off night.

Reaction Score
I kind of see this as the depth chart going into SEC play:

5 - Cardoso, Watkins, Walker, Feagin
4 - Kitts, Watkins, Feagin, Jah
3 - Hall, T. Johnson, Fulwiley, Feagin
2 - R. Johnson/Paopao, Fulwiley, Hall
1 - Paopao/R. Johnson, Fulwiley

I have the "/" between Paopao and Raven because I kind of see them both flowing between the PG and SG duties when they both are on the floor, though Paopao tends to take PG duties during the majority of possessions, thus why I have them flipped for each position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom