Reaction Score
Does anyone have a better rescheduling idea than this?:

UConn v ECU -> Week 4
USF v Houston -> Week 11
ECU v Houston -> Week 10
UCF v ECU -> Week 9
UCF v SMU -> Week 7
Memphis v Tulsa -> Week 11

It's sort of a lot of moves but if they want to get the game in I couldn't think of a better way. Sets up UConn v USF and Memphis v UCF on Week 10

UCF and Memphis could ditch their FBS OOC games with Maine and Georgia St. and play their game on 9/30. I am sure they could come to some scheduling/financial agreement with Maine and Ga. St. It is better than losing a conference game. Then you would be back to the UConn/USF/ECU/Houston swap to make up the UConn/USF game. The soccer game is irrelevant as you can play the football game on Friday night.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you want to tell him "You can't prove you are not lying so I am going to hold open the possibility that you are a liar", at least have the guts to say it to him instead of this pussyfooting around.

Thank you, I was in the middle of trying to make the same point and I found myself going into the weeds. His adding the "if true" didn't add to the point he was making, it was a personal shot he didn't have the balls to admit until he was called on it thrice.

My way of trying to handle the way this board is going is by efforting to make every serious post in good faith. For example, it would have been so easy to just say I was at every minute of every game even though I know I left early once. Posting in good faith isn't easy, it's almost like unilateral disarmament especially when dealing with the Boneheads and Serranos et al.

Reaction Score
Can't believe the endless pissing contests some of you people get into on these boards - you can turn anything into an argument. Like your need to be right on just about everything is more important than the topic itself. Are you like this in real life too? Good lord.

Reaction Score
For the record, I've been to every UConn FB game in The Rent. As far as I can tell, no one else on the Boneyard can say that. And I've stayed to the end of every game over the last 6 wonderful seasons but one (left 5 minutes early from the last USF game). I know nobody else can claim that. I walk the walk others only talk.

You want a cookie?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Thank you, I was in the middle of trying to make the same point and I found myself going into the weeds. His adding the "if true" didn't add to the point he was making, it was a personal shot he didn't have the balls to admit until he was called on it thrice.

My way of trying to handle the way this board is going is by efforting to make every serious post in good faith. For example, it would have been so easy to just say I was at every minute of every game even though I know I left early once. Posting in good faith isn't easy, it's almost like unilateral disarmament especially when dealing with the Boneheads and Serranos et al.
I was trying to be nice.

You want a balls competition I am up for it -

What exactly was the purpose of your post not responding to anyones direct post:

For the record, I've been to every UConn FB game in The Rent. As far as I can tell, no one else on the Boneyard can say that. And I've stayed to the end of every game over the last 6 wonderful seasons but one (left 5 minutes early from the last USF game). I know nobody else can claim that. I walk the walk others only talk.

Look at me?

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was trying to be nice.

You want a balls competition I am up for it -

What exactly was the purpose of your post not responding to anyones direct post:

Look at me?

See what I mean about good faith?
I was trying to be nice? Right.
A balls competition? You just lost one.
What exactly was the purpose of your post not responding to anyone's direct post? Here's where I could go full and say something like "don't these morons even read"? Instead I'll go with "do your own homework".

Bonehead

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
colbert-popcorn.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
See what I mean about good faith? I posted those words in good faith. Bonehead here doesn't believe in good faith, hence this clearly inaccurate post. He knows he didn't attend every game over that last 6 years.

Last edited:

Bonehead

Reaction Score
See what I mean about good faith? I posted those words in good faith. Boneyard here doesn't believe in good faith, hence this clearly inaccurate post. He knows he didn't attend every game over that last 6 years.

And you stayed until the end and no one else can claim that.

Reaction Score
Cancelling the game would be the small time move.

Nope it would actually be fitting considering the contempt MLS holds for this market. It's stupid we're helping in the first place.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
No, you're lying. Admit it.
I am lying that you said you stayed until the end and no one else can claim that?

Or are you quoting the wrong post?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And you stayed until the end and no one else can claim that.
What happened to your original post here. The one that said "You're only assuming..." That's what I was replying to. You get cold feet?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes I got cold feet...I ran upstairs and have socks on now though.
You're deflecting again. Why don't you come clean and admit you haven't been to every game in the last six years.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
See what I mean about good faith? I posted those words in good faith. Boneyard here doesn't believe in good faith, hence this clearly inaccurate post. He knows he didn't attend every game over that last 6 years.
Are you getting flustered? You seem to be getting flustered.

Take a breath - its just the internet - its not like you are meeting me for an in person balls competition.

Im Bonehead (Kevin) not Boneyard.

EDIT - thanks for fixing!

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you getting flustered? You seem to be getting flustered.
Take a breath - its just the internet - its not like you are meeting me for an in person balls competition.
Im Bonehead not Boneyard.

Typo from 8 posts back fixed. Thanks. Back to the subject, have you really been to every UConn FB game in The Rent over the last 6 years? I'm thinking you were just trying to be cute. I say you haven't. Try answering in good faith for a change.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Cancelling the game would be the small time move.

Yes, because the Yankees moving them for one of their dozens of rainouts is super big time.

MLS is the small time bit here. Send them somewhere else. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Yes, because the Yankees moving them for one of their dozens of rainouts is super big time.

MLS is the small time bit here. Send them somewhere else. Sorry.

small time? apparently you've missed the last few years of UConn Football.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Typo from 8 posts back fixed. Thanks. Back to the subject, have you really been to every UConn FB game in The Rent over the last 6 years? I'm thinking you were just trying to be cute. I say you haven't. Try answering in good faith for a change.

Believe what you want - thats what I am doing.

IF its important to you that I havent, then I havent.
IF its important to you that I have, then I have.

Reaction Score
Nope it would actually be fitting considering the contempt MLS holds for this market. It's stupid we're helping in the first place.

Good God. We are not "helping MLS." We -- the agency of the State of Connecticut that owns the stadium -- is making money by leasing out the facility where it didn't conflict with the primary tenant. So it can make money. So we can play less taxes.

Some of the things said on here ....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Believe what you want - thats what I am doing.

IF its important to you that I havent, then I havent.
IF its important to you that I have, then I have.

What's important to me in this exchange is the concept of good faith on a message board. I gave you a chance to exhibit good faith and you took a pass. IMO, a class individual would have come clean, especially when asked directly. Hey everybody lies. But to continue to do so, especially on an anonymous message board, when all you have to fall back on is your own conscience is, well, something.

ADD: Let me just get this in here for the record. Took me 5 minutes. I've made all the points I'm going to make on this one. I'm done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you want to tell him "You can't prove you are not lying so I am going to hold open the possibility that you are a liar", at least have the guts to say it to him instead of this pussyfooting around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom