Saturday's Game - 11am - bars open? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saturday's Game - 11am - bars open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're scalping so if for some reason we can't get 4, there's plenty of bars with big TV's in the area. All good.

Reaction Score
Looks sold out so you may be out of luck.

Yep - just scattered individual seats left though UCONN website. It'll be interesting to see how much the secondary market is left holding the bag. They drew 13,500 for Temple. I would think Cincy on a Saturday will do better.

Reaction Score
Yep - just scattered individual seats left though UCONN website. It'll be interesting to see how much the secondary market is left holding the bag. They drew 13,500 for Temple. I would think Cincy on a Saturday will do better.

To the streets I guess, we'll see. Or grab scattered and use 8893's idea of getting in the bar area?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
To the streets I guess, we'll see. Or grab scattered and use 8893's idea of getting in the bar area?
I'd be shocked if you couldn't be sitting pretty in that bar area if you're in the door by 10.

And now you've got me trying to finagle an out play to get my up there again on Saturday to give it a shot myself...and there are still some pretty decent singles left too.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if you couldn't be sitting pretty in that bar area if you're in the door by 10.

And now you've got me trying to finagle an out play to get my up there again on Saturday to give it a shot myself...and there are still some pretty decent singles left too.

If that is my plan I will let you know and my buddies and I will buy you one - or 4!! LOL

Reaction Score
So grabbed 4 for the boys on stub hub and hope to get in the new bar area. Does it open at 10 or should we be in line for 10? That is if anyone has any clue. 8893 thinks an hour prior s good. Anyone else?

Thanks

Reaction Score
So I know where to find you tomorrow Mau. Near the bar. No surprise there. ;)

Reaction Score
Do the XL concession stands serve beer for early Saturday games these days? I seem to remember noon games years ago where there were no beer sales.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok, I just pulled the trigger. I'm in. Scored a sweet single in 114 from the school ticketing site.

Mau, I'll look for your gang in the bar when I go grab my Lil' Heaven. I'm guessing you'll be easy to spot. I have some other friends attempting the same as you, so you'll probably be fast friends by that time.

Reaction Score
The BY look ya know? Whatever that is......we'll figure it out! About 2 minutes in I will be calling for travels, blocked, steps and everything else I see so should be fairly easy. Or yelling "shoot the fn ball"......

That's him

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The BY look ya know? Whatever that is.we'll figure it out! About 2 minutes in I will be calling for travels, blocked, steps and everything else I see so should be fairly easy. Or yelling "shoot the fn ball".

That's him
I *may* have a distant memory of having seen BYC photos posted several years ago, and you among them.

Reaction Score
I dont know about you guys but when i drink i like to keep drinking till i go to bed. I think ill pass on 11am saturday drinking in the interest of possibly being productive past lunch time. More power to you guys though, see ya tomorrow!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'll be doing my first ever basketball/ hockey double header tomorrow. Wear a carnation so I'll know who you are!

Reaction Score
I'll be doing my first ever basketball/ hockey double header tomorrow. Wear a carnation so I'll know who you are!

That should be a good day. But I'm guessing you won't be at the Rockinghorse at 9am and 2pm?

My carnations are dead anyway lol - enjoy the day!

Reaction Score
8893 did you get in the bar area? We didn't try we just went up to our seats. Met alexd (always good to see him) at Black Bear prior and we didn't leave there until about 10:45 so we figured no shot. Rocking horse after, saw alex again as well as many Meridenites, like a reunion lol.

Fun game, fun day.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
8893 did you get in the bar area? We didn't try we just went up to our seats. Met alexd (always good to see him) at Black Bear prior and we didn't leave there until about 10:45 so we figured no shot. Rocking horse after, saw alex again as well as many Meridenites, like a reunion lol.

Fun game, fun day.
I didn't try for seating in the bar Mau because I scored a sweet single, so I decided to take my time en route and enjoy an outrageously fantastic breakfast at O'Rourke's in Middletown. My friends got to the XL around 9:40 and were second in line at the turnstiles, and they obviously easily scored prime seating for four of them in the bar, right in front of the Lil' Heaven tap (which turns out to be the only one in the XL I'm told). I met them there around 10:30 and hung out until shortly before the intros, and then I came back again for half (to a beer waiting for me) and then again at the very end to watch us ice it. It was the busiest I've seen that area yet, but still manageable. They did not think that someone arriving at 10 yesterday would have gotten seating in the bar, at least not easily, based on what they observed. They said that the line filled in very quickly behind them, and that pretty much every one there was going for bar seats. I'm wondering how early that line is going to start forming for concerts.

Yep, fun game and a fun day.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
O'Rourkes nice. Did you have the salmon?
No, I had a special: Lamb and eggs, which came with a piece of corned beef hash cheesecake. There were also some greens on there with bits of what looked and tasted like little fried pork belly cubes. The lamb and eggs were supposed to be served on a taco, but it came on a homemade multi-grain braided bread roll instead, which was fine. As always, it was amazing. Best breakfast anywhere imo.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I popped in about 20 minutes before game time. The bar was packed. We went up to our nose-bleed seats (Row W). But it was a good game. Returned at night with great seats for hockey. Another great game and a big win!
Great day. 2 different sets of friends. A great basketball tradition and a the start of a great hockey tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom